TX Babe Ruth

Danny Woodhead 2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, charliehustler said:

Hes still on the IR as they havent decided if he'll even dress or not so he'll show a 0 until they activate him.  Signs are pointing to him being active but I'd have to give it a week before I start him to see if he makes it through the whole game.

 

 

I think teams have until Friday 4pm to activate designated IR players to the roster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

I think teams have until Friday 4pm to activate designated IR players to the roster

 

If he gets activated on Friday (using him in an IR slot) - does it force you still that late to drop a player even if I keep him on bench and don't slot him in?   Never had someone activated so late in a week and curious.

Edited by nosh0t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nosh0t said:

 

If he gets activated on Friday (using him in an IR slot) - does it force you still that late to drop a player even if I keep him on bench and don't slot him in?   Never had someone activated so late in a week and curious.

 

I don't know.  My experience with espn  has been once the tag is removed u get prompted to move players if ur trying to change ur lineups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KrazyMuchacho said:

If he plays this week, I'm plugging him in over Jordy Nelson at the flex :lol:

 

username doesn't check out, 'cause that's a very sane decision ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dropped a player today & picked up the best IR player that may come back, Chris Carson. I put Carson on IR & got Woody ready to plug in as an emergency play with bye weeks/suspension hurting me this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cousinal111 said:

I dropped a player today & picked up the best IR player that may come back, Chris Carson. I put Carson on IR & got Woody ready to plug in as an emergency play with bye weeks/suspension hurting me this week.

Carroll trolls about as hard as Belichick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cousinal111 said:

I dropped a player today & picked up the best IR player that may come back, Chris Carson. I put Carson on IR & got Woody ready to plug in as an emergency play with bye weeks/suspension hurting me this week.

And when is Carson supposed to be back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are people really banking on him? He's tiny, old (for an NFL RB), and coming off major knee/leg injuries. Even if he is fully healthy shouldn't we be expecting him to lose a lot of the quickness that makes him valuable? I'm just not seeing it. Am I wrong? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cousinal111 said:

I dropped a player today & picked up the best IR player that may come back, Chris Carson. I put Carson on IR & got Woody ready to plug in as an emergency play with bye weeks/suspension hurting me this week.

 

Petey Boy reeled u in with his coach speak clickbait  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, nosh0t said:

 

If he gets activated on Friday (using him in an IR slot) - does it force you still that late to drop a player even if I keep him on bench and don't slot him in?   Never had someone activated so late in a week and curious.

 

In Yahoo I believe you will still be able to make changes to your lineup with him still in the IR but as soon as you go to drop or pick someone up it will block you telling you that you need to move Woodhead out of the IR spot in order to do so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cousinal111 said:

@Jwook @phisouza33 @dashoe @lolcopter

 

Okay, you guys are right. I should've rostered Deshaun Watson instead of Carson. 

 

Carson is eligible to come back December 3rd.

carsonHURT.0.gif

 

He may be eligible to come back, but hard to see a guy suffering that kind of leg injury coming back in time to matter for 2017 fantasy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

And when is Carson supposed to be back?

December sometime, but he never said which year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Are people really banking on him? He's tiny, old (for an NFL RB), and coming off major knee/leg injuries. Even if he is fully healthy shouldn't we be expecting him to lose a lot of the quickness that makes him valuable? I'm just not seeing it. Am I wrong? 

Do you own woodhead? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Are people really banking on him? He's tiny, old (for an NFL RB), and coming off major knee/leg injuries. Even if he is fully healthy shouldn't we be expecting him to lose a lot of the quickness that makes him valuable? I'm just not seeing it. Am I wrong? 

im not banking on him but I did stash him to be my 5th RB competing to start behind Hunt on a weekly basis. He had 4 touches for 30ish yards in the first series this year.  When he is on the field he is a dynamic player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cousinal111 said:

@Jwook @phisouza33 @dashoe @lolcopter

 

Okay, you guys are right. I should've rostered Deshaun Watson instead of Carson. 

 

Carson is eligible to come back December 3rd.

 

 

Eligible just means the team has the ability to designate him to come off IR and 21 days to activate him to active roster.

Don't believe Petey Boy he ALWAYS TALKS the talk but rearely does the walk with the talk; instead he prefers to chew gum when he walks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

Eligible just means the team has the ability to designate him to come off IR and 21 days to activate him to active roster.

Don't believe Petey Boy he ALWAYS TALKS the talk but rearely does the walk with the talk; instead he prefers to chew gum when he walks

 

Never. Trust. A. Hippie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

Eligible just means the team has the ability to designate him to come off IR and 21 days to activate him to active roster.

Don't believe Petey Boy he ALWAYS TALKS the talk but rearely does the walk with the talk; instead he prefers to chew gum when he walks

 

I just put it out there Carson was an option for Woodhead Owners to add & stash on IR. It's a flyer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Do you own woodhead? 

Not sure that has anything to do with talking about the player. Regardless if I do or not, the question remains. I'm having hard time projecting what he is going to be post injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Not sure that has anything to do with talking about the player. Regardless if I do or not, the question remains. I'm having hard time projecting what he is going to be post injury.

 

Not suprising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Are people really banking on him? He's tiny, old (for an NFL RB), and coming off major knee/leg injuries. Even if he is fully healthy shouldn't we be expecting him to lose a lot of the quickness that makes him valuable? I'm just not seeing it. Am I wrong? 

 

 

 

I think everyone who owns woodhead has question marks about what he will produce upon return however there is one thing we do know the Ravens planned on using him a a key part of the running game, especially when Dixon was ruled out for the season. Also none of ther remaining rb's have dominated to a point where they are safe from having their current roles reduced to give Danny touches

Edited by dashoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

 

I think everyone who owns woodhead has question marks about what he will produce upon return however there is one thing we do know the Ravens planned on using him a a key part of the running game, especially when Dixon was ruled out for the season. Also none of ther remaining rb's have dominated to a point where they are safe from having their current roles reduced to give Danny touches

 

I'd argue that Alex Collins has produced, but so far that hasn't meant much to the coaching staff. Great point on about his use when Dixon went down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Woody practice today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.