TX Babe Ruth

Danny Woodhead 2017 Season Outlook

7 hours ago, mdw5048 said:

Are people dropping with this new timeline? The 6-8 weeks seems like a lot for leagues without an IR spot.

My leagues where all thrown together at last minute and we could only get 10 man in both leagues, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

He's droppable. There are other people on the WW who have a chance to make a fantasy impact. Danny Woodhead is dead weight on your rosters right now and even when he comes back, there is a chance for re-injury.

He's just too old for this game anymore.

He's electric when he's on the field but he has too much trouble staying on the field, sadly.

Coach John Harbaugh confirmed Danny Woodhead (hamstring) will miss at least four weeks.

The Ravens are still deciding whether to put Woodhead on I.R., which would knock him out at least eight weeks. We'd bet on it happening rather than Baltimore eating that roster spot every week. Terrance West and Buck Allen are the only healthy backs on the roster, but Jeremy Langford and Alex Collins are practice squad promotion candidates, while Michael Campanaro has also been named as a possible beneficiary. Woodhead may not be back until November.

Hmm, I'm tempted to drop him even in a league with an IR spot (could take a flyer on Mike Williams). He's out until week 11 at the minimum, and he may be handled with kids' gloves even after the return.

Edited by Vendetta

He's definitely droppable at this point.  If you have an IR spot, feel free to stash him, but as @Vendettarightly noted above, there might be better uses for the IR spot as well.

I've always loved the plucky Woodhead and if this is indeed the end of the line for this warrior from Chadron State he will be missed.

9 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

He's definitely droppable at this point.  If you have an IR spot, feel free to stash him, but as @Vendettarightly noted above, there might be better uses for the IR spot as well.

I've always loved the plucky Woodhead and if this is indeed the end of the line for this warrior from Chadron State he will be missed.

His career is most likely over. RIP.

That being said, there is a "maybe" potential for RB2 status during the fantasy playoffs. I think that's worth it to pick him up a few weeks before his timeline (if you can afford it.) They are paying him a decent amount of money and don't care if they force him out there and run him into the ground (as bad as that sounds.)

7 minutes ago, Agmaniacmike said:

Any news here? I think he was set to get a bulky workload before the injury. Return somewhere between Week 8 and 10? Worth rostering soon?

if you have IR...

Otherwise... wait for indications of practice while he's tagged in IR ~week 7 or 8... can't remember

He's eligible to be off IR by week 10, but since it's a bye... week 11 earliest

Edited by Szer0

Woodhead returning week 11 as he has had no setbacks, wondering if he might be RB2 value?

2 hours ago, mjb said:

Woodhead returning week 11 as he has had no setbacks, wondering if he might be RB2 value?

I will be snagging him (back) as early as week 8.  Need to get Luck off my IR, but like Woodhead down the stretch. Will consider straight up dropping Luck if I can't move him by then just to free up the spot for Danny.

31 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Anyone looking at him now??

I would if i didnt alreadyu have an injured tate, corey davis, corey coleman moving in and out of my IR slots and cluttering my bench

Just now, PackerBacker555 said:

No but he is on track for week 11 according to Harbaugh. 

Ehh.. being in the midst of bye weeks.  Not looking at him now.

If you're going to pick him up off free agency I think you can wait another week or two. If you're going to make a move and trade for him then now is the time to do it, as his value will only go up from here. I just got an immediate accept in a full PPR by offering James White which I think is totally worth Woodhead.

10 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

If you're going to pick him up off free agency I think you can wait another week or two. If you're going to make a move and trade for him then now is the time to do it, as his value will only go up from here. I just got an immediate accept in a full PPR by offering James White which I think is totally worth Woodhead.

I'd really like to pick him up now but with byes can't.  I'll have to hope that he's still out there in a couple weeks.  Could be a nice roster addition for the playoff run.

6 minutes ago, KingDingAling said:

What's his value in Non-PPR leagues? Is he worth the pick-up?

Probably not in a non-PPR. I'd avoid the Ravens backfield altogether in a non-PPR unless you're desperate.

He will be snatched up in most competitive leagues in every half and full point PPR league soon though.

5 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

I'd really like to pick him up now but with byes can't.  I'll have to hope that he's still out there in a couple weeks.  Could be a nice roster addition for the playoff run.

Those are my thoughts as well in regards to a playoff run. I'm a Zeke owner, so Woodhead is especially attractive to me. Although  I think every owner believes they too can just wait until the bye weeks are over with and pick him up too. It'll come down to waiver priority at that point. If you don't own him before the Week 9 games kick off you're probably not going to get him in most cases.

Edited by CamNewton

4 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

Probably not in a non-PPR. I'd avoid the Ravens backfield altogether in a non-PPR unless you're desperate.

He will be snatched up in most competitive leagues in every half and full point PPR league soon though.

With emphasis on soon.   

Edited by theSPANKER

2 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

Those are my thoughts as well in regards to a playoff run. I'm a Zeke owner, so Woodhead is especially attractive to me. Although  I think every owner believes they too can just wait until the bye weeks are over with and pick him up too. It'll come down to waiver priority at that point. If you don't own him before the Week 9 games kick off you're probably not going to get him most cases unless his Week 10 bye causes others to wait longer.

In my shark league, I just saw a great white snooping around the Woody corpse.