Light Tower Power

Yordan Alvarez 1B HOU

1 minute ago, Overlord said:

Springer pulled from game and Yordan removed from game.

Hmmm.....

Prob not a coincidence. To take a line from the Lion King, “It is time.....” 

15 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Springer pulled from game and Yordan removed from game.

Hmmm.....

Yordan hasn’t been pulled from the game, at least not as I type this. You just got a bunch of Yordan owners excited, then pissed. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Yordan hasn’t been pulled from the game, at least not as I type this. You just got a bunch of Yordan owners excited, then pissed. 

Seriously, wtf. 

I think it's just somebody messing with people on Twitter.  At least that's what I gathered from what people were posting in the Game Day thread.

Now, Yordan still could be called up if the injury to Springer proves to be anything serious.

Edited by KilloWertz

3 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Seriously, wtf. 

On the bright side, he just homered again 😀

I am at the point if a meteor plowed into the Houston clubhouse killing the whole MLB team. Houston would leave Yordan down and call up 25 other guys

Even if Springer were to land on the IL (say he's day-to-day), I think Tucker would get the call. Doesn't seem like a long-term injury at all from the what the tea leaves show...

I think the best path to the majors is when/if ever Tyler White is DFA'd.

Edited by nlm
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Guy is unreal right now

Off a lefty too. So at least that saves us from the “he needs to improve vs southpaws” dialogue 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nlm said:

Even if Springer were to land on the IL (say he's day-to-day), I think Tucker would get the call. Doesn't seem like a long-term injury at all from the what the tea leaves show...

I think the best path to the majors is when/if ever Tyler White is DFA'd.

Agree with most everything. I wouldn't be surprised to see Springer miss a couple games but I doubt he'll land on the IL. Assuming Diaz isn't ready tomorrow, that leaves Stassi as the only bench player. I'd actually bet on Fisher over Tucker since it would only be a couple days getting called up and Valdez getting sent down for the temporary depth.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, meh2 said:

tAgree with most everything. I wouldn't be surprised to see Springer miss a couple games but I doubt he'll land on the IL. Assuming Diaz isn't ready tomorrow, that leaves Stassi as the only bench player. I'd actually bet on Fisher over Tucker since it would only be a couple days getting called up and Valdez getting sent down for the temporary depth.  

Agreed wish that as well. I can't argue how the Astros handle their prospects based on result, but I do think Tyler White is complete dead weight. If you can improve your team even more than the level it is already playing at, why wouldn't you?

Edited by nlm

So probably means nothing to most of you, but for those who have XM and follow Tout Wars (a league made up of fantasy baseball experts/bloggers/etc) he was bid on this week in a redraft.  Dr Roto (XM radio host on Fox and the fantasy channel) got him for a bid of 110 out of 1000.  Significant because they HAVE to play guys you bid on the week you get them so he's taking a 0 in that spot this week in order to get him early and for a more reasonable bid.

One expert's opinion means very little but keep in mind the large majority of fantasy "experts" have been reiterating how unlikely he is to be called up soon because of Houston's situation.  These guys tend to be a bit ahead of the curve so maybe that opinion is starting to change.

• Like 4

unless there is an injury I'm no longer expecting Alvarez to be called up, and even then it's not a sure to be Alvarez when Houston has Tucker as an option. Alvarez could be left to dominate in the minors all season.

With Springer's back issue I could see him getting ABs at DH. 

Since "subverting your expectations" is the new theme nowdays, chances are that anyone BUT Yordan will be called up if at all...

Maybe the Astros just do not believe in him regardless of production? I think he has done everything he can to earn a call up and they still say they prefer Tyler White. In that case, he might even be moved near the deadline. Maybe I am over-analyzing it

Nothing you can do about it so no point in stressing about it. I just hope that when he does come up he gets bats virtually every day!