Light Tower Power

Yordan Alvarez 1B HOU

1 hour ago, Yceman1234 said:

I gotta admit, man...the new avatar is messing with my head.  I feel like I don't even know you anymore haha.  Oh, and to paraphrase Black Panther...get this kid a bat!  Yordan belongs in Houston already dam it....Tyler White must go!

I'll bring back the old one when Brock cashes in the briefcase 

Another day, another Yordan home run. #19. Someone needs to convince Lunhow that Super Two has passed.

21 minutes ago, hypeiz4real said:

Part of me wants him in AAA  all year so he hits 50 homers. 

Someone is going to do it.  Heck with these balls 60 will be within grasp.   However, Alvarez will be long gone by then...

Edited by knuckleheads

A few more losses like today may spur a move to improve. While the Astros will sail into the playoffs they don't want to lose home field advantage. Cause the loss of a home playoff game would cost them money. Rare for a good team to settle to be good instead of trying to be the best they can. A loss in May counts the same as a loss in September. Not trying to win every game is a poor way to get playoff ready. Round Rock may be the best team in Texas.

Seriously had to do a 2nd take on Tyler White’s stats. 1 HR and 6 RBI’s in 100+ AB’s? Wtf?? Alvarez does that in 1 game!!!

6 hours ago, meh2 said:

Another day, another Yordan home run. #19. Someone needs to convince Lunhow that Super Two has passed.

Several baseball people presumably in the know believe the super two is in May this year.

1 hour ago, AnonymousRob said:

Several baseball people presumably in the know believe the super two is in May this year.

Any front office executive who believes that the current "super two"/ arb cut-off system is going to remain in place after the next CBA is delusional.

6 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

Seriously had to do a 2nd take on Tyler White’s stats. 1 HR and 6 RBI’s in 100+ AB’s? Wtf?? Alvarez does that in 1 game!!!

I know a guy that says he saw him do that in one AB!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Overlord said:

Any front office executive who believes that the current "super two"/ arb cut-off system is going to remain in place after the next CBA is delusional.

Dont see what this has to do with this.  Thats multiple years away, probably won't effect current contracts, and while aspects will certainly chance we won't know which.  The Astros are 7.5 games over 2nd place in the division.  I'm not sure Super 2 is a concern, but if it is, then I don't see why I'd change it based on something that may happen multiple years away and probably won't effect current contracts. 

• Like 1

I live in Houston and I've been stashing Yordan for some time now.  I just have a "Gut" feeling there going to call up Tucker for simplicity reasons before Yordan.  Hope I'm wrong. I just don't won't to be the guy who drops him and then he gets "Called up" while on Waivers and can't pick him back up.  By the way, I didn't realize Yordan wasn't leading the PCL in Homeruns.  Some guy I haven't paid attention to named Kevin Cron is.  Hmmm...

Edited by Biig_Pressure21
Forgot to add

Springer hurt in the game, looks like a hamstring as he immediately grabbed for it then waived to the trainers after he couldn’t walk it off. Possible DL stint when you consider his back issues and how carefully hamstring injuries are handled. As of now, round rock is in game but yordan and tucker have not been pulled. Stay tuned...

Edited by Wytchclt55

9 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Springer hurt in the game, looks like a hamstring as he immediately grabbed for it then waived to the trainers after he couldn’t walk it off. Possible DL stint when you consider his back issues and how carefully hamstring injuries are handled. As of now, round rock is in game but yordan and tucker have not been pulled. Stay tuned...

The Round Rock game is already over.

We shall see what happens tomorrow. People are speculating that it might be Tucker if Springer goes to the IL, because he is already on the 40 man roster and they also think once Alvarez is called up it will be more of a permanent stay. I hope it's Alvarez personally. We shall see what happens tomorrow.

Edited by kingdavid206

If it's not Alvarez, that would be a complete joke.  It shouldn't matter if Tucker is on the 40-man roster or not.  Alvarez is head and shoulders above him so far this season, and it's not like there's not a spot or two for him to stick around permanently even after Springer comes back.  It's the same two spots we've been saying all along (LF and DH).

I haven't really minded coming into this thread on a daily basis even though a call-up was never really imminent, but that would be quite an enthusiasm deflater if Tucker gets called up instead.  He has a spot now, but if he still gets left in AAA, there's really no reason to care much about what he's doing for the foreseeable future (aka no real reason to come into this thread anymore).

Ok, now that I got that out of my system, I hope things will be a lot happier come tomorrow.  Just make the move, Houston.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

If it's not Alvarez, that would be a complete joke.  It shouldn't matter if Tucker is on the 40-man roster or not.  Alvarez is head and shoulders above him so far this season, and it's not like there's not a spot or two for him to stick around permanently even after Springer comes back.  It's the same two spots we've been saying all along (LF and DH).

I haven't really minded coming into this thread on a daily basis even though a call-up was never really imminent, but that would be quite an enthusiasm deflater if Tucker gets called up instead.  He has a spot now, but if he still gets left in AAA, there's really no reason to care much about what he's doing for the foreseeable future (aka no real reason to come into this thread anymore).

Ok, now that I got that out of my system, I hope things will be a lot happier come tomorrow.  Just make the move, Houston.

Even if Tucker gets the call instead of Yordan it just means that he's still two weeks away.

5 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Even if Tucker gets the call instead of Yordan it just means that he's still two weeks away.

To play where?  If they call up Tucker and he sticks this time, then there finally would be no place to play him once Springer comes back.

They’ll probably leave them both down and call up a pitcher, and give Kemp more ABs. Hope not.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

What I like is that he seems to mash all kinds of pitches in different parts of the strike zone. Righties and lefties. All parts of the park. Is there a little Fred McGriff in him?

9 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Bring them both up and take out white. 

But then when Springer comes back, what do they do?  One of them is blocked then, especially if they both do good.

It likely has to be one or the other unless the plan is to have Alvarez stick around and send Tucker back down once Springer comes back.  I highly doubt that is the plan.

16 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

But then when Springer comes back, what do they do?  One of them is blocked then, especially if they both do good.

It likely has to be one or the other unless the plan is to have Alvarez stick around and send Tucker back down once Springer comes back.  I highly doubt that is the plan.

If they both hit maybe Gurriel becomes a utility player?