Light Tower Power

Yordan Alvarez 1B HOU

1 minute ago, hypeiz4real said:

Any prospect can burn you. I've got some shares in Alvarez and I'm fine waiting to see what happens. I lean towards this being the "everyone was talking about Tucker meanwhile Alvarez flew under the radar" story in the near future. 

I like Alvarez a good amount, but I kinda think the story might be Alvarez is kiling the minors and everyone forgot that Tucker is the stud all star prospect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

I like Alvarez a good amount, but I kinda think the story might be Alvarez is kiling the minors and everyone forgot that Tucker is the stud all star prospect.

Tbf Kyle is doing that all on his own with his revolting 27% k rate and barely 200 obp. Yeah, it's still early and he's otherwise been dominant and his talent still needs a chance in the majors, but his play right now is definitely why he's being slightly forgotten. 

3 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Tbf Kyle is doing that all on his own with his revolting 27% k rate and barely 200 obp. Yeah, it's still early and he's otherwise been dominant and his talent still needs a chance in the majors, but his play right now is definitely why he's being slightly forgotten. 

I agree he's being forgotten by his playing time recently. I think that's a mistake. I think Tucker is an amazing buy low in a lot of Dynasty leagues right now. He's homered in his last 2 games though.  Between his slow start and the perception that Alvarez has jumped him, Kyle Tucker acquisition is a Brockpapersizer  Approved Play (TM) for dynasty leagues

• Haha 2

for Alvarez to get called up and play I imagine it would be in place of Tyler White. people would have to hope that White sucks enough to be replaced. White had .212 AVG 2 days ago, but then he went 2 for 2 in each of the last 2 games to raise to .297 AVG. F!

I really doubt a rookie would ever be called up to be a DH. However if White was removed from his job I can see Yuli becoming the DH and Reddick moving to 1B, That would open a spot for Yordan or tucker to finally be called up. An injury would work also but sucking vets never tend to get hurt it is the kids who play hard who get hurt. I bet behind the scenes both Tucker and Yordan is getting the sign an extension now or keep waiting for ur turn that may not come.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fantasy_Goat said:

This all smells like Jon Singleton 2.0

I fell for this trap once already. 

This also smells like something I just read in here not that long ago...

Might be, might not be.  Unless you absolutely don't have the room, there's no reason not take the chance though.  It's hard to ignore the production he is putting up, and it's not like any of us couldn't use extra power hitters.

Edited by KilloWertz

10 hours ago, Fantasy_Goat said:

This all smells like Jon Singleton 2.0

I fell for this trap once already. 

There are risks with almost everyone. You got to look into everyone as much as you can. To read the good to have an idea of what they might be able to do and to read the bad to have an idea of how they may end up a bust and in the end you got to deside on your gut feeling. Are you all in or are you going to sell and accept the results.

For the record, I'm all in. I think he's the real deal.

• Like 1

Tyler White 0-4 2Ks

A few more of those and Air Yordan will be up for good

Add or buy now

• Like 1

I have not found 1 article written by a HOU beat writer who thinks this stud is up before July at the earliest. These guys usually know there stuff and know Hinch a lot better than most

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CraftyRighty said:

I have not found 1 article written by a HOU beat writer who thinks this stud is up before July at the earliest. These guys usually know there stuff and know Hinch a lot better than most

Things tend to change at a rapid pace in baseball. I'm willing to bet this kid is up before July.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, einstein2u said:

another day another bomb.

Also had 2 doubles. 3 xbh in one game, not sure it's over either.

10 hours ago, jb_power said:

juiced ball?

Don't know, but doesn't matter.  It's not like MLB baseballs wouldn't be either...

I know they won't, but I'm going to say it anyways... Just promote him already.  If you can do that against a lefty, then obviously he's ready...

• Like 1

Really like this guy, problem is...he's majorly blocked. Not just by White or 1 OF.

Astros have Springer/Brantley/Reddick/Kemp/Marisnick...5 OFs

and then White and Yuli at 1st base

Even if Brantley goes down or White gets demoted...there are so many MLB-caliber players on this roster. Obviously Alvarez could be/hopefully will be better than any of the names listed above, problem is, how do you tell a player like Reddick or Yuli to sit 90% of the time for this guy? 

Not trying to sound too pessimistic, just bummed out by the situation, I think this guy could really carry me. Can anyone make me feel better?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ecofolux said:

Really like this guy, problem is...he's majorly blocked. Not just by White or 1 OF.

Even if Brantley goes down or White gets demoted...there are so many MLB-caliber players on this roster. Obviously Alvarez could be/hopefully will be better than any of the names listed above, problem is, how do you tell a player like Reddick or Yuli to sit 90% of the time for this guy? 

Not trying to sound too pessimistic, just bummed out by the situation, I think this guy could really carry me. Can anyone make me feel better?

Astros do have a lot of depth but Alvarez’s bat looks legit and I believe they’ll find a way to add it to their lineup fairly soon. I read something recently that said their plan will be to make him the primary DH and start occasional games in LF while cycling some of their regulars to DH when they need a break. There are a lot of moving parts here, but I think he’ll get the call if Kemp or White keep sucking and one gets DFA’d or with an IL stint to any of the names you mentioned above.

Just think of that lineup of:

Springer (cf)

Altuve (2b)

Bregman (3b)

Brantley (lf)

Correa (ss)

Alvarez (dh)

Gurriel (1b)

Reddick (rf)

Chirinos (c)

Edited by meh2

26 minutes ago, Ecofolux said:

I completely agree - Alvarez has increased his dynasty stock exponentially; however, for 2019 there would seem to be little to no value here at all as he's not on the 40 man roster and aside from the names you mentioned even A.J. Reed is another options for first base. The team also continues to win so there is little pressure to sit a veteran for him or drop someone else from the 40 man roster. Patience will be the key here - he's an obvious dynasty buy for sure.

23 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Don't know, but doesn't matter.  It's not like MLB baseballs wouldn't be either...

I know they won't, but I'm going to say it anyways... Just promote him already.  If you can do that against a lefty, then obviously he's ready...

To be fair that was an atrocious pitch!

10 minutes ago, terminator10 said:

Lowe was “blocked” just as much as Alvarez. He got the call up in April. Talent can’t be denied guys

Lowe was already on the 40 man I believe. 

4 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Lowe was already on the 40 man I believe. 

Rays designated RHP Andrew Moore for assignment.

This move clears out a 40-man roster spot for top first base prospect Nate Lowe, who has been called up ahead of Monday night's series opener in Kansas City. Moore, a former second-round pick of the Mariners, had allowed 25 earned runs in 17 1/3 innings this season at Triple-A Durham for a hideous 12.98 ERA.

i dont think he was on the 40 man based off of this

• Like 2