Sign in to follow this  
TX Babe Ruth

Randall Cobb 2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

Relevant again with Rodgers expected back week 15? at CAR, vs MIN weeks 15-16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2017 at 12:08 PM, jtbgator said:

Relevant again with Rodgers expected back week 15? at CAR, vs MIN weeks 15-16.

Tough defenses but Rodgers is no Hundley :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't get more high risk/high upside than this. Actually, he has put up better numbers with Hundley lol albeit still mediocre. I might dive in for speculation add to at least block opponents. Rodgers is Rodgers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Doesn't get more high risk/high upside than this. Actually, he has put up better numbers with Hundley lol albeit still mediocre. I might dive in for speculation add to at least block opponents. Rodgers is Rodgers.

 

Not really.  He had double digits points weeks 1, 2 and 4 (injured week 3) then dry spell then injury.  I think that he is a fine WR3 play with Rodgers at QB.  

 

Carolina D doesn’t scare me.  Vikings D is tough but less so on the road and Rhodes will be covering Nelson or Adams.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Cobb's more interesting to me than Nelson since he's way more widely available and could fly under the radar during the waiver period. Huge risk, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2017 at 11:08 AM, jtbgator said:

Relevant again with Rodgers expected back week 15? at CAR, vs MIN weeks 15-16.

 

So glad I snagged him on Dec 4. Now with Adams looking very iffy for week 16 ... Cobb is a must start this week. That TD yesterday was a thing of beauty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Do you consider Cobb a must start, assuming Adams is out, even against powerful Minny?  Does Rhodes take Jordy or Cobb?

 

Not a must start just yet. I have him penciled in but awaiting whether or not Rodgers plays. I think Rhodes will cover Jordy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

 

Not a must start just yet. I have him penciled in but awaiting whether or not Rodgers plays. I think Rhodes will cover Jordy. 

 

I’m not so sure.  Jordy looked terrible last week.  Slow to get up off of the ground, couple of times seemed to be limping a little bit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Patsgofor6 said:

 

I’m not so sure.  Jordy looked terrible last week.  Slow to get up off of the ground, couple of times seemed to be limping a little bit.  

 

Yea I am sure. Is Rhodes a shadow guy like Peterson, Hayward?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

 

Not a must start just yet. I have him penciled in but awaiting whether or not Rodgers plays. I think Rhodes will cover Jordy. 

 

Actually, now that I think about it, I think Cobb is a must start this week, particularly in 1PPR. He did ok with Hundley at QB. Anywhere between 8-15 points since week 9. Even more of a case with Adams out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant play Cobb with Hundley at QB. Hundley only had luck with Adams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoever the QB is this week, and Adams out, I think Geronimo is the play here...He runs Adams routes...Rogers has a thing for this guy, as well as Hundley taking 2nd string snaps with him...Jordy is done, Cobb is great play if Rogers starts, but Allison has more upside imo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Whoever the QB is this week, and Adams out, I think Geronimo is the play here...He runs Adams routes...Rogers has a thing for this guy, as well as Hundley taking 2nd string snaps with him...Jordy is done, Cobb is great play if Rogers starts, but Allison has more upside imo 

 

I dunno man ... to start Geronimo in your FF Finale? I don't have the stones. Would rather a proven commodity like Cobb. Very risky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Safe PPR play tonight with no Adams and Rhodes on Jordy?

There's been nothing safe about Cobb all year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Safe PPR play tonight with no Adams and Rhodes on Jordy?

 

I’m still debating.  Hundley scares the hell out of me.  With Rodges he would have been money, such a shame.

Edited by Patsgofor6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Patsgofor6 said:

 

I’m still debating.  Hundley scares the hell out of me.  With Rodges he would have been money, such a shame.

Hundley has shown life but they are down a lineman again. He won’t have much time back there which only benefits Cobb 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allison might be the play, no Adams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this