DocJ

2017 Rotoworld Mock Real League

18 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

1.03: Antonio Brown

I opened my laptop around 8:30AM after a bout of insomnia the night before.   I’m expecting DJ and Bell to be drafted, which they were.  That left me with Antonio Brown vs Zeke Elliot.  Last night I went to bed thinking I’d grab Zeke and live with the one or two game suspension he’s likely heading for.  I google Zeke before the pick, and I see Mike Fisher (A Dallas beat reporter) tweeted 30 minutes ago that Zeke was in a “late night altercation” at a bar.   No other details. So what did Zeke do?  Did he punch a guy?  Is the guy dead?  In a coma?  Did Zeke break his hand?

Lacking any details, I simply fall back to drafting Antonio Brown.

Antonio Brown does not require explanation or erudition in my opinion, but I will state the obvious for the record.  In a half point PPR, Brown should be a reliable contributor most weeks.  He’s third in yards from scrimmage since his breakout year of 2013, and has missed only one game since then.  He should be able to still produce with Landry when Big Ben’s annual injury rolls around.  

I did consider reaching for a running back I like that won’t be available at 2.11, but I decided to go for the more reliable choice here.  

With all of this reliability talk, I have undoubtedly jinxed Antonio Brown for 2017.

Change a few minor details and the first half of the post mirrors my own thought-process regarding Elliott, who fell to me.

I definitely wanted to open with an RB, after failed WR-WR pursuits in previous years.

There was one RB i was strongly considering. I'm sure it was the same RB @Iron-cock was thinking about reaching for, but ultimately i played it safe with Freeman, who has a clearly defined role on a very stable, well-coached offense. No question-mark over his talent either, he is a very creative runner and therefore heavily utilized in the red-zone. Excellent receiver out of the backfield, which we love in PPR. While he might not have the ceiling of a David Johnson, he is a threat to score every week and is more prolific than the elite WRs. While i'm not keen on chasing stats from the previous year, i see almost no change in his situation, which leads me to expect more of the same RB1 level performances.

33 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

1.09 LeSean McCoy

I woke up and felt the cold ground underneath me. I smelled pine mixed with booze, shame, and 17 years of spectacular disappointment. I took a few seconds to come to my senses before realizing I had just been RKOed through a table (my third of the day.) I noticed the Barstool sports cameraman lurking behind my group of friends, camera in one hand and his own genitals in the other. It was my 36th birthday and I could think of no better way to celebrate in the bustling city of Buffalo than this (note: Applebees and Dave and Busters weren't open this early on a Sunday.)

I was here for one man: LeSean McCoy. Knowing I had selected him in the Rotoworld Real Mock Draft a few months earlier gave me a reason to live, to cheer, and to funnel shots out of the buttholes of hookers city wide until at least Week 4.

Note: not 36. 

You know, some of my friends from college live in Buffalo. Clean-cut, corporate types. They root for the Bills.

I asked them if they ever go to games. They said no. I, would of course ask, "why???!"...they looked me right in the eye and said, "if you've ever seen the type of people that live there, you'd understand why..."

8 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

I've never seen @Dislimb in the football forums? Have I been missing his posts the past year or two?

I think he's more of a baseball guy but has been a good owner in the past here.

1 hour ago, DocJ said:

I think he's more of a baseball guy but has been a good owner in the past here.

He hasn't been on in 21 hours.  Does he know the draft started today?

5 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

He hasn't been on in 21 hours.  Does he know the draft started today?

This happened another year with him. I've tried everything except smoke signal. My guess is he'll get on soon and be available most of the evening.

On 7/16/2017 at 3:15 PM, Dislimb said:

12th? Ugh.

He knew he had the 12th pick as of yesterday...

Maybe he didn't think it would get to him or he can't log in at work...

I shot him an email to the address he has on the Yahoo site...

Edited by Winky

1.04 Odell Beckham Jr

because I didn't get bell, David, or Antonio 

that and in my world it feels like Odell shows up in the fantasy playoffs, the time u need him the most

We could just give him Gronk.  He took Gronk last season, so I'm sure he'd take him again. ;)

Just now, boltup15 said:

Gronk is a beast. I hope he slips to me at 15

Haha ok now we are breaking the rules.  No discussing undrafted players!  I know I kind of did. 

Is somebody waiting for Randy Moss's sperm to mature or what?

4 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Is somebody waiting for Randy Moss's sperm to mature or what?

Seems like it. Looking at @Dislimb's posting history he doesn't seem like the most active guy. Through around 10 hours of the draft we're only 11 picks in....

1.07 Zeke Elliott

This was definitely a hand smack in the face kind of pick.  I ALWAYS check updates in the morning and cannot believe I let it go today (call it draft excitement).  While the team situation and talent warrants a top-5 pick, the off-field issues are quite worrisome.  If he can get away with two games, I'm not entirely disappointed as he is a true workhorse back.  He can definitely still return first round value, but I would personally prefer a safer pick.  7 was not an ideal spot for me as I felt once the top three WRs were gone there was a bit of a drop in how comfortable I would feel with any pick.  It now makes total sense to me why everyone was passing on Zeke lol.  Hindsight is 20/20 but thankfully it doesn't cost me too much (other than pride), and it will be a lesson learned.

Edited by ToO_BaD

2 hours ago, predator_05 said:

You know, some of my friends from college live in Buffalo. Clean-cut, corporate types. They root for the Bills.

I asked them if they ever go to games. They said no. I, would of course ask, "why???!"...they looked me right in the eye and said, "if you've ever seen the type of people that live there, you'd understand why..."

Those types are few and far between here. Most of us in my age bracket spend the year getting ****** up and lighting tables on fire.

Technically the rule is 24 hours before someone gets their pick skipped but  that's for reasons like; hey my wife went into labor and sh*t like that.

It's Dis Limb?

Can't you call in his cousin, Deez Nutz?

2 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Refresh my memory is this still .5 ppr w 2 flexes?

Yes, it is. 

6 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Yes, it is. 

Passing TDs are 6 pts?