DocJ

2017 Rotoworld Mock Real League

I'm a microsoft technician... we've been receiving alerts from your computer...

Edited by Winky

I'm down with giving my phone number.

Usually we just give our picks to someone on the other side of the draft board if we cant be online.  Dislimb was on this morning, something is probably delaying him. 

Alright Gents.

I've waited all day and I am going to hang it up for the night.

Be back on bright and early... hopefully, the draft will move at a good pace tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Usually we just give our picks to someone on the other side of the draft board if we cant be online.  Dislimb was on this morning, something is probably delaying him. 

When was he on this morning?  According to his profile he hasn't been on since yesterday at 4:56 PM.

55 minutes ago, Ryan81 said:

It could have been worse... Thanks for picking for me homie. 

You said you would be good until when? Or do you even want to draft? 

I'm always game to draft...my visits may be less frequent Thurs-Sun...but as long as DocJ messages me the clickydraft I can avoid divorce, general rancor, and maybe even dirty looks.

14 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

When was he on this morning?  According to his profile he hasn't been on since yesterday at 4:56 PM.

I thought I saw him around 5-6 AM this morning in the "Recently Browsing" thing seen on the bottom of the page.  I could be wrong though.

This rooster is heading for the coop soon, so I'll be back around 7AM EST.  

23 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I'm always game to draft...my visits may be less frequent Thurs-Sun...but as long as DocJ messages me the clickydraft I can avoid divorce, general rancor, and maybe even dirty looks.

Yea docj, that clickydraft u texted me kept me in tune, depending on what time is my turn I may be texting my pick during business hours, but I'm watching

1 hour ago, Proteus said:

Frankly, any wife who thinks that family time or marriage itself is more important than fantasy football is very selfish and should count herself damn lucky to have a husband in the first place. 

It completely slipped my mind that this started yesterday. We usually start on a weekend so that threw me for a loop.

Now we're in business, let's rip through a couple rounds here guys!

1.14 DeMarco Murray

2.1   Michael Thomas

@boltup15 - back at ya, OTC

@Dislimb - OTC2

The bend pick in a 14 teamer can be a challenge... got to get your first couple rounds right or it's over before it even begins.

The only question was whether to grab "the" TE here.

I would have forced myself into the dynamic of scrambling through the rest of the draft trying to strengthen the position I've made weak.

I chose not to "zag" here and go with the more traditional strategy of building the core.

DeMarco Murray:

He's a do-everything back that is moderately overlooked when considering the best fantasy RBs in the game.

It's easy to look at his back-up and say Murray's time is almost up, but what attracts me to the Murray is I think the guy truly is a determined player.

Murray was a Top5 RB last season

He is on a run first team running behind one of the best lines in football.

Murray is, more or less, in a contract year as there is no cap hit for the Titans if they cut him after the season... I expect another all out performance.

Murray keeps a chip squarely on his shoulder... He has the desire to prove he is the best RB in football.

2016 stats: 293-1287-9; 53-377-3 --> 346 touches - 1664 total yards - 12TDs --> This is not production a team can take off the field 

Overall, I expected Murray or Gordon to be here for me at 14 making me comfortable with the #14 slot.

Happy to grab Murray here and root for the Titans.

Michael Thomas:

OK, this one feels like a bit of a gamble, but I think the floor is solid and the upside tremendous.

The #15 in a draft is not usually where I would take a sophomore, but Michael Thomas was a man among boys as a rookie last season.

The dynamic for him changes with his former running mate off to the northeast... that potentially creates double-team challenges, but Thomas is big and uses his body well.

There are plenty of great WRs around this part of the draft, but I trust Thomas' QB the most.  

The Saints have a great line and a strong rushing attack, so the QB will get his time to distribute the ball...

Thomas will not get more that 20% of the team targets, but I expect his efficiency to remain high and he'll have plenty of red zone targets.

2016 stats: 92-1137-9... as a rookie... good for WR7 in fantasy.

Overall, the only fear is sophomore slump, but his opportunity/upside is too good for me to pass here.

Edited by Winky

1.13 Melvin Gordon

I do not make homer picks, I make what I believe are the best picks while planning ahead for the next round. At this spot there were only two RB's left that were going in the top 30 picks while there were 3 WR's still left on the board that I would consider. I did not want @Winky to take the RB I liked most in this spot in Melvin Gordon and then also take Demarco Murray leaving me left to employ a zero RB strategy (which I do enjoy, but not sure how well this would work in a 14 team league). Therefore I took Melvin Gordon, the workhorse for the Chargers. To me Melvin Gordon has everything you want in your starting RB. Little competition, great offense, and high usage in the receiving game. The o-line may be a little below average, but the team isn't. Gordon has no risk to goal line carries and volume which is why he's my #4 RB on the board. 

2.2 TY Hilton 

This pick for me was almost like an auto pick. He just came off of a 1400 yard season (as I thought was probable last season). I expect him to continue to take a large target share in Andrew Luck's offense. He is my (for what it seems) low risk guy who at first should be a low end WR1 and at best a higher end WR1. 

Oh thank goodness.  I thought I wasn't receiving notifications.

I'll be unavailable tonight between probably 5-10 pm EDT, just a heads up.  I'm training for an Ironman 70.3 in Atlantic City in 9 weeks.

Edited by ZidaneValor

Just now, ZidaneValor said:

Oh thank goodness.  I thought I wasn't receiving notifications.

I'll be unavailable tonight between probably 5-10 pm EDT, just a heads up.

Give someone your picks prior to being unavailable, especially since 5-10 should be the time we're cranking through this draft. 

Edited by boltup15

Just now, boltup15 said:

Give someone your picks prior to being unavailable 

I will if it's close to my turn.  I usually end up doing that anyway.

Anyone can always give me their picks as well.