DocJ

2017 Rotoworld Mock Real League

We may as well tag @Proteus for Ryan.

4 minutes ago, ZidaneValor said:

I feel like I'm getting more jaded about fantasy football.  Even with Mike Evans at 8, this for me feels like the ultimate "draft who you hate the least" year in 2017.

I have pretty much the same sentiments here. After the first 6 picks or so, it gets ugly pretty fast.

I really hope I get my next guy.

After seeing how Bolt and Wink did at the turn I'm rethinking what the best draft positions are this season.

4 minutes ago, ZidaneValor said:

Tyrod should be available at 20.

Taylor Gang or die.

47 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

I really hope I get my next guy.

I just hope we get to you today.

@Br0kenB is OTC

Edited by ToO_BaD

@Br0kenB is writing up an essay. Going forward should we make our picks and then after making the pick do the write-up? 

1 minute ago, boltup15 said:

@Br0kenB is writing up an essay. Going forward should we make our picks and then after making the pick do the write-up? 

He might just be thinking about who he wants to pick, or banging out a set or two.  Give him a few minutes.

2 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

Marshawn Lynch

Looks like I have one less player as competition this season.

Just now, boltup15 said:

Looks like I have one less player as competition this season.

I really wanted Howard, but I think Lynch will be a solid RB2 behind McCoy.

Before dislimb's last pick I texted Ryan: 

Rank these 3: Jordan Howard, Gronk, Player X

He came back w:

Gronk, Howard, Player X.

I told him I was relieved for him that Gronk was sniped. 

And that rationale has to do w what I said in round 1 about taking AJ Green.

I think risk management is more important than just about anything else in the early rounds of a league this size. 

Moreover, I see a big cliff after Howard at RB, and he/we HAD to take him there in my opinion.

Edited by Proteus

2 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Before dislimb's last pick I texted Ryan: 

Rank these 3: Jordan Howard, Gronk, Player X

He came back w:

Gronk, Howard, Player X.

I told him I was relieved for him that Gronk was sniped. 

And that rationale has to do w what I said in round 1 about taking AJ Green.

I think risk management is more important than just about anything else in the early rounds of a league this size. 

Moreover, I see a big cliff after Howard at RB, and he/we HAD to take him there in my opinion.

Not that you had the option of taking him, but Gronk is less of a risk than Howard, IMO. You know what Gronk is. His only concern is health. With Howard, is he a one-year wonder? Will Langford steal touches? Are the Bears going to be so bad that gameflow keeps him from touches? He's far from a sure thing.

12 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Not that you had the option of taking him, but Gronk is less of a risk than Howard, IMO. You know what Gronk is. His only concern is health. With Howard, is he a one-year wonder? Will Langford steal touches? Are the Bears going to be so bad that gameflow keeps him from touches? He's far from a sure thing.

Agreed 100%.

No player has a higher upside relative to their respective position as much as Gronk does. He's been the #1 fantasy tight end in 4 of the last 6 seasons, including a year in which he only played in 11 games.

Basically, if he doesn't get a significant injury (which has only happened twice even though it seems like a lot more) he's going to be the top guy at his position, hands down. I'd much rather take a shot at that as opposed to a second year RB who plays on a terrible team.

Edited by Dislimb

7 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

I thought this very thing about Howard until I learned more about the strength of the Chicago O Line. 

With their woes at QB and WR, he is the undisputed centerpiece of this offense. Gamescripts will be dicey, sure, but not nearly as dicey as Rob Gronkowski's spine when delivering and receiving haymakers w strong safeties.