TX Babe Ruth

Greg Olsen 2017 Season Outlook

13 minutes ago, Wyzzil said:

Dickson is not getting more involved as the season goes on. Not sure where you got that from? Every Panthers fan can agree that they have the worst OC in the league. Shula isn't creative, has horrible play design and doesn't make adjustments for anything. He never plays to anyone's strength or mismatches. Dickson's random production 3 weeks ago has mainly been dudes leaving him wide open. He isn't a focal point in the offense at all. He just happens to be on the field and if Cam finds him then he finds him. Once Olsen comes back they're just going to have Dickson back to his old role. Cam trusts Olsen and barring gamescripts where they have the lead and can run the ball well and sit on the leads like weeks 1 and 2 (not happening anymore) then he will stare down Greg like crazy, unlike Dickson.  

I just went by the targets

1-3-1-4-5-8-5.

Looked like the trend was going up, but granted I haven't been watching the games so a Panther's fan would know more.

Very sneaky early stash post-Benjamin trade. If he comes back healthy he will feast down the stretch 

2 hours ago, Bluecore said:

Very sneaky early stash post-Benjamin trade. If he comes back healthy he will feast down the stretch 

Yup - Cam has basically no one else to throw to. Could be some nice garbage time stats coming our way.

15 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Yup - Cam has basically no one else to throw to. Could be some nice garbage time stats coming our way.

He's got Funchess and CMC still. The other WRs are not start quality. I think now with Cam's shoulder healed that will help Olsen be a volume play but his schedule is not good after NYJ week 12. NO, MIN, GB, TB are all very good against TEs.

Jones fracture. Odds aren't to favorable that he is successful when he comes back this season. Odds and history of other players with similar injury is definitely against him. If you have deep benches, he is a worthwhile pickup. But hard to depend on him without knowing what he will look like on the field.

Edited by burninglegs

2 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Jones fracture. Odds aren't to favorable that he is successful when he comes back this season. Odds and history of other players with similar injury is definitely against him. If you have deep benches, he is a worthwhile pickup. But hard to depend on him without knowing what he will look like on the field.

Valid point. All signs seem to indicate Olsen is ahead of recovery. He can still have setbacks in next few weeks, but hoping he 2 months off is long enough to heal.

22 hours ago, Bluecore said:

Stashed this week also.

At this point, very few pickups on the waiver wire that have the potential to put up some monster numbers during the final stretch.

Maybe he'll be just meh, but here's to hoping he comes back healthy and is Cam's #1 for ROS

Man, yall have me considering dropping Lynch for him now. But Olsen is expected back Nov 26. That's 12. But I think you guys are right. I think this guy is going to FEAST post KB.

Traded Jiimmy G a while back and ended up with Jared Cook so I snatched Olsen of the WW and can't wait to throw him in there. Will fill my only real position weakness on my team.

On 10/31/2017 at 4:05 PM, burninglegs said:

Agreed, Julio had the same injury a few back and he had a lot of setup backs trying to return the same season if I remember correctly

So did Marvin Jones, we'll see.  Julio is always dinged it seems so not sure he is the best example.

9 hours ago, herschel said:

anyone trying to sell high as he gets closer to making his return?

once he can play I would try and sell as I have likely similar or greater value in ingram. I will try and sell hopefully for upgrading cooks to julio

Edited by No1Statistican

Anybody worried about his playoff schedule? He has the toughest schedule for a TE during playoffs ranked #32 :(

Don't forget Cam Newton has gone from being trash at passing to trying to imitate Tim Tebow.

59 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

Anybody worried about his playoff schedule? He has the toughest schedule for a TE during playoffs ranked #32 :(

Don’t really view him as a tight end, more like a bigger wr. Carolina and cam will find ways to get him the ball. Stretch the field out more as well. I have him on the bench awaiting his return. 

This guy is the ultimate stash for playoff bound teams. That missing piece that will fill out your team to perfection. With Kelvin Benjamin gone, this guy will serve all functions in the passing game - big play splashes, safety blanket, dumpoffs. Kudos to those who got him in advance.