TX Babe Ruth

Greg Olsen 2017 Season Outlook

11 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

How confident are we that he'll slot right in as a top 5 TE once he's back?

I think it may take a week or two. Still a great stash for playoff teams. I'm backing up Gronk with him and if I like what I see the first couple weeks he is back, I will be starting 2 tes via flex.

Stashed him to replace Brate who has been doing neither diddily nor squat. But yeah, just priming for a playoff run.

1 hour ago, Chwf3rd said:

Top 5 TE? I'll take 5 pts a week! If I can get that consistently I'd be doing naked cartwheels down the street babbling in tongues. The position has been such a cesspool that I'm sure many of us would kill for 4 at this point. 

18 minutes ago, Wyzzil said:

Top 5 TE? I'll take 5 pts a week! If I can get that consistently I'd be doing naked cartwheels down the street babbling in tongues. The position has been such a cesspool that I'm sure many of us would kill for 4 at this point. 

I have an offer on the table to package him with a WR3 for Engram so I'm trying to figure out if Olsen is going to come back and go right back into elite TE territory.

27 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

I have an offer on the table to package him with a WR3 for Engram so I'm trying to figure out if Olsen is going to come back and go right back into elite TE territory.

He will be good upon his return. They just lost another wr to injury last night. 

Cam likes Olsen and he comes out blazing after the bye. 

Also, wouldn’t be surprised to see the giants try out a new qb in 3 weeks or so, right when playoffs start. Yuck!

14 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

He will be good upon his return. They just lost another wr to injury last night. 

Cam likes Olsen and he comes out blazing after the bye. 

Also, wouldn’t be surprised to see the giants try out a new qb in 3 weeks or so, right when playoffs start. Yuck!

Jones fractures scare me though.  It seems like Olsen is going well in his recovery but they're notoriously unpredictable recoveries.

I think Olsen will be good. Curtis Samuel was taking targets away from Funchess yesterday and would have had a TD yesterday (rather than Funchess) if he held onto the ball and didn't end his whole season on the same play. No Benjamin, No Samuel, and Funchess was having a mediocre day until Samuel got hurt. Think Olsen will be the first option in Carolina once he gets going and should become an elite TE down the stretch/playoff time.

3 minutes ago, ukdesi said:

I think Olsen will be good. Curtis Samuel was taking targets away from Funchess yesterday and would have had a TD yesterday (rather than Funchess) if he held onto the ball and didn't end his whole season on the same play. No Benjamin, No Samuel, and Funchess was having a mediocre day until Samuel got hurt. Think Olsen will be the first option in Carolina once he gets going and should become an elite TE down the stretch/playoff time.

If he's healthy then I don't think anyone doubts he'll be a top 5 TE.  The risk is that he hasn't actually started practicing this week and jones fractures are very unpredictable.

Any Kelce owners picking him up?

Looking at his stats pre injury..he wasn't really doing anything ...now he's going to playing on one  foot and has the toughest schedule for playoffs.....could do worse....still picking him up to block :shrugs:

Edited by Woonga24

2 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

Looking at his stats pre injury..he wasn't really doing anything ...now he's going to playing on my foot and has the toughest schedule for playoffs.....could do worse....still picking him up to block :shrugs:

I saw this. I'll probably still get him and see what he does leading up to playoffs, but roll with my other TE.

18 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

Looking at his stats pre injury..he wasn't really doing anything ...now he's going to playing on one  foot and has the toughest schedule for playoffs.....could do worse....still picking him up to block :shrugs:

I wouldn't put anything into his first 1.5 games, the sample size is way too small.

Same with the schedule.  Unless it's the Giants TE schedules aren't that predictive as there are only so many productive TEs in the league.

The only issue with him is whether or not he is recovered enough.

3 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

Not very, but he should be owned in all leagues.

1 hour ago, Woonga24 said:

Carolina ran the ball and chewed up clock week 1. They didn't even need to throw it, just have him block. Week 2 he got injured early on. Wait and see how he does next week to get an idea. Like another poster said, don't sweat the playoff schedule for something like TE. Vernon Davis just had a good stat line this week against Minnesota and so did ASJ against Tampa. Green Bay hasn't even went up against an elite TE yet besides Graham week 1 who was struggling in every game at that point. Cam will lean on his safety blanket when he needs to. I trust him. 

16 hours ago, Woonga24 said:

I picked him up as a Gronk owner. Olsen on one foot is better than anything else out there if Gronk goes down.

I think he will be brought along slowly, in other words not a good play until after we see him getting some targets and not pulling up lame. Might take 3 weeks after he's back before anyone feels good starting him.

I will prob start him over Engram. Olsen should feast rest of the way.

I picked him up as a defensive move yesterday.  But with Ertz performance last night and the depleted Panthers receiving core, I could imagine I might be starting him.

2 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

I probably wouldn't be starting him his first game back. They will probably ease him in and limit his reps

Like Josh Gordon's return, we all just need to hear what the coaching staff has planned before rushing to activate these guys. 

If reed is out again this week I'll probably just leave Olsen on the bench and start Vernon Davis. I got corey Davis as my flex against the Colts 

This has been such a down year at the position that I'm really glad he is back. A solid 40-50 yards a game would be a huge improvement over anything my second rate TEs managed to put up in his absence.