TX Babe Ruth

Greg Olsen 2017 Season Outlook

5 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Anyone worried about his schedule ROS? Less than ideal vs TE

If you have a season to be worried about at this point and Olsen is your best hope, the schedule is the least of your concerns. Consider yourself lucky on all accounts: That you are still alive in your league, that you now have a TE worth starting with confidence on a good team, that no one else got him.

2 hours ago, PackerBacker555 said:

If he plays, I’m starting over brate. I know his reps will be limited but he probably will get more than 1 point. 

Agreed, as I am in the same situation.  I'm probably going to go as bold as dropping Brate outright and having Olsen as my only TE right away.

1 hour ago, Trifecta said:

If you have a season to be worried about at this point and Olsen is your best hope, the schedule is the least of your concerns. Consider yourself lucky on all accounts: That you are still alive in your league, that you now have a TE worth starting with confidence on a good team, that no one else got him.

I mean I have Doyle as well who is like 3rd or 4th in targets for TE and has a cake schedule in comparison. So I'm a bit torn on who to roll out going forward

I'll probably give him the start this week. if he can get me 4 or 5 points than he's just as good as all the other TE's I've had to start this year.

I'm praying this guy can fill my flex spot with Parker Davis and Ajayi all being colossal busts. Have held on for a while. Please save me. 

Anyone rolling him out there this week? I am considering it my other option is Charles Clay and Mercedes Lewis

I'm going for it screw it he's always been cam's favorite weapon I don't see that changing besides some dink & dunks to McCaffrey 

Edited by Breesus

13 hours ago, banana said:

I'm praying this guy can fill my flex spot with Parker Davis and Ajayi all being colossal busts. Have held on for a while. Please save me. 

You might consider adjusting your prayers slightly, and play Davis vs. the Colts over a recovering Olsen in your flex...

2 hours ago, jeffr913 said:

Anyone rolling him out there this week? I am considering it my other option is Charles Clay and Mercedes Lewis

Really depends on your playoff situation. In one of my leagues I am clinging to my playoff life and won't start him unless I hear that he is 100pct and playing a relatively full allotment of snaps. In my other league, I am already clinched so I will roll him out no matter what because I can't afford to lock up two rosters spots on TEs anymore 

I'e been waiting like 10 weeks for this dude to come back. Wasting my life with Hunter Henry's of the world. If this dude can get me 3 pts I'll be erecting a statue of him

Edited by Wyzzil

There are a bunch of dart throws on the WW, with no KB and having a past history with Cam, I'm willing to take a shot on Olsen this week. He's as good as any other TE out there on the WW.

I might leave him in my lineup even if he stays on IR, isn't going to get me much less than Brate and I just like the looks of my lineup with him in there :D

23 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

You might consider adjusting your prayers slightly, and play Davis vs. the Colts over a recovering Olsen in your flex...

Never. Ever. Again. 

Do people actually look at his stats at the end of last year? Game 1 this year he went 2 catches for 18 yards.

Week:

8) 1 point

9) 11 points

10) 3 

11) 3

12) 4

13) 3

14) 8

15) 8

16) 5

17) 2

So 49 points in 10 games..4.9 average....and only 1 TD in those final 10 games after the bye. You'd hope that without Benjamin, Olsen will see more targets. I think McCaffrey takes away a little bit from Olsen. If he's ready to go is there anyway they limit his snaps a bit? Is he in game shape? Interesting week. It's Olsen, so the chance is there for him to breakout any week.

Edited by tpat30

5 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Do people actually look at his stats at the end of last year? Game 1 this year he went 2 catches for 18 yards.

Week:

8) 1 point

9) 11 points

10) 3 

11) 3

12) 4

13) 3

14) 8

15) 8

16) 5

17) 2

So 49 points in 10 games..4.9 average....and only 1 TD in those final 10 games after the bye. You'd hope that without Benjamin, Olsen will see more targets. I think McCaffrey takes away a little bit from Olsen. If he's ready to go is there anyway they limit his snaps a bit? Is he in game shape? Interesting week. It's Olsen, so the chance is there for him to breakout any week.

You're overthinking things. If he's on the wire in any leagues, I can guarantee he's head and shoulders better than any other options ROS. 

37 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Week:

8) 1 point

9) 11 points

10) 3 

11) 3

12) 4

13) 3

14) 8

15) 8

16) 5

17) 2

He had a 1000 receiving yards for a tight end. You're worried about his 3 TDs? He had 7 the year before. He's an elite Tight End. So unless you have Kelce/Gronk/Ertz, he is an upgrade. 

Plus, as opposed to guys like Gronk, he is not banged up from a season of blocking and taking big hits. He is fresh....and maybe a little rusty. Which is why I picked him up for my playoff run. Coming back this week is gravy. 

starting him over rudolph this week.  guy is a beast that should hog targets on a pretty decent offense with limited pass catchers outside of a running back.  i dont start anyone with confidence in ff because dumb, lucky ish happens all the time, but not over thinking this one either....

TE#4 the last 3 years for a team that is depleted with regards to players who catch the ball (aside from CMC)..welcome back Olsen, not a minute too late. 

So torn this week. 5-6, and need a win for a playoff spot. Been tinkering with Olsen over Engram this week. And I just don't know.

Newton’s favorite target is back and expect him to make up for lost time by getting Olsen involved early and often. You’ll want to watch the practice reports this week just to make sure Olsen doesn’t have any setbacks, but as of today all reports say that he is planning to play in Week 12. He was only able to play the first two games of the season before fracturing his foot and was not able to do much in those games. But now he returns to a different Panthers team. Newton has vastly improved since the beginning of the season and the team is averaging 27.25 points per game compared to 16 in the first 2 games. Newton continued to target the tight end position as well with Olsen out, throwing 39 passes the way of Ed Dickson, which made him the 3rd highest targeted player on the team. With Samuel lost for the season and Benjamin traded away this number will likely increase even more in regards to Newton’s targeting of tight ends. The Jets are among the worst in the league at covering tight ends as well. They have allowed 523 yards and 6 touchdowns, both within the top 12 of the league. In their past 4 games, they have also allowed a tight end to score in 2 of them. Over this span tight ends have gained 216 receiving yards as well.

20 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

So torn this week. 5-6, and need a win for a playoff spot. Been tinkering with Olsen over Engram this week. And I just don't know.

you start engram