ajs723

Tarik Cohen 2017 Outlook

food for thought

I play in 12 team leagues and the "only" league he is owned is my dynasty.

So I can't believe many owners owned Tarik before yesterday's game.

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

food for thought

I play in 12 team leagues and the "only" league he is owned is my dynasty.

So I can't believe many owners owned Tarik before yesterday's game.

Only league I own him is the same, long-term (unlimited) keeper auction format...

Gonna put my #2 waiver for him in a standard league and hope for the best, but fully expect him not to be on my team come wednesday morning.

Edited by Trifecta

8 minutes ago, pikerbkb said:

He looks electric and he's going to be a very good CoP back and not taking anything away from him, but he's always going to be part of a committee. Which is great. He looks like a young Darren Sproles out there, but the one run where he reversed field, while spectacular showed everything about him. That run will be a rarity from now on. 

Also, his reception numbers will eventually start to diminish as he won't regularly be the guy leading the passing offense. 

So in ppr, if you got him great job, especially in redraft. Ride the trend because it won't last forever. Longer term, who knows? They're not going to build the offense around him. Nice high floor guy who's going to have some blow up games, but will always struggle to register a lot of TDs.

This season all bets are off. The offense is still on training wheels and needs heroes. I'd grab Tarik and ride him like Zorro for right now. 

Is Randy Moss coming out of retirement?

1 minute ago, Trifecta said:

Only league I own him is the same, long-term (unlimited) keeper auction format...

Gonna put my #2 waiver for him in a standard league and hope for the best, but fully expect him not to be on my team come wednesday morning.

So I'm assuming you believe he would be worth the #1 claim...

What do you think is the best case scenario for Tarik this season? In terms of role and if you had to put numbers to it?

1 minute ago, '71 Bucks said:

What do you think is the best case scenario for Tarik this season? In terms of role and if you had to put numbers to it?

I think we just saw what his role will be yesterday.  I expect to see more of the same each week.  He'll get a few rushing attempts and plenty of targets in the passing game.  You'll see him in the backfield by himself, in the backfield with Howard and split out as a WR.

i proudly blew 50% of my budget on this guy. 

now i don't have to worry about blowing it on someone else.

19 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

He has the "it" factor, plain and simple.  It'd be like if we saw Kareem Hunt break off some huge plays against the patriots but Spencer Ware was still healthy and playing... sure Hunt wouldn't be a workhorse in that scenario, but the eye test would be screaming BUY!  And it certainly is for Tarik.

Can we predict what his production will be this year? No, it's impossible to have realistic projections from one NFL game.  But, quite simply, the kid is special. It's not hard to see.  Just add him and enjoy the ride.  

If I had to ballpark it, he will not be a lock for big production every week in that offense (but who is? Le'veon and DJ showed us no one is immune).  However, he did all his damage late. Just imagine his ceiling.  He's going to have more monster games in store and will have a solid floor in PPR leagues (12 targets should be screaming BUY BUY BUY), and a weekly flex play at worst in non-ppr.

Edited by Trifecta

1 minute ago, championship or bust said:

wait, isnt atlanta falcons known to give up plenty points to fast rbs?

Your point?  Want to just write the performance off?  His agility? The 12 targets?

Or better yet, maybe you should go re-watch the highlights. 

2 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

wait, isnt atlanta falcons known to give up plenty points to fast rbs?

I doubt anyone has dissected those numbers...do you have something?

Edited by phatrat
Please use this thread - http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/660596-2017-faab-waiver-wire-thread/

34 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Is Randy Moss coming out of retirement?

Not even sure what you mean but I'm guessing you saying "who else do they have"? A drawer of assorted turds. But they are professional turds.....seriously though I did say all bets are off right now. Ride Tarik. 

23 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I doubt anyone has dissected those numbers...do you have something?

The announcers were talking about fast the Falcons D is, so doesn't really add up.

I'm assuming nobody here thinks this guy is going to have a bigger role than Jordan Howard.  If that's the case, you must ask yourself: can the Chicago Bears offense support two fantasy-relevant running backs?

Just now, KennyWoo said:

I'm assuming nobody here thinks this guy is going to have a bigger role than Jordan Howard.  If that's the case, you must ask yourself: can the Chicago Bears offense support two fantasy-relevant running backs?

With his talent, and limited options to go to in the offense.. Yes, absolutely. I'm not saying he will be top 10 RB. But he's going to be a fine to great flex option, especially depending on the match up.

1 minute ago, KennyWoo said:

Given the lack of talent in the passing game I definitely think the bears have enough touches to go around to support 2 fantasy relevant players as was exhibited on Saturday.  Cohen had 13 touches out of 5 carries(25% share) and 12 targets(30% share). 

That is high value weekly flex worthy in ppr.  Particularly when you see how guys are looking for Chrisitan Mcafferty (18 touches) to produce in a similar way on panthers and drafted him as an rb1. 

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Given the lack of talent in the passing game I definitely think the bears have enough touches to go around to support 2 fantasy relevant players as was exhibited on Saturday.  Cohen had 13 touches out of 5 carries(25% share) and 12 targets(30% share). 

That is high value weekly flex worthy in ppr.  Particularly when you see how guys are looking for Chrisitan Mcafferty (18 touches) to produce in a similar way on panthers and drafted him as an rb1. 

I sort of wonder if he could be more relevant than people think IN STANDARD in that the RB2 position in general seems to have sunk to the level of flex play/crap shoot after, say, the top 15. If that is the case than why not grab a special talent flex that could, more weeks than most, be an RB2 in a lousy year for RBs.

8 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

My dilemma is, do you wait for the Howard or spend it on a flex play?  

I'm ok taking an early season shot and spending on the flex play because who am i waiting for on the waiver down the road darkwa or tolbert or booker? The best cuffs are already rostered so the wire is thin. I learned my lesson with Asiata and mckinnon and the detroit backfield last season, Cohen showed me on Saturday he has the potential to be flex worthy today as a standalone entity not dependent on injury. Oh wait i forgot Wendell Smallwood is a fantasy beast in the making that i'm going to spend my FAAB on if Blount goes down?

Edited by dashoe

I think we could be seeing Ware/Hill from last year.  Cohen is dynamic, and doesn't need a ton of touches to produce.  He was given a ton of touches yesterday though and did a lot with them.  Seems like Glennon looks for him readily too.

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I'm ok taking an early season shot and spending on the flex play because who am i waiting for on the waiver down the road darkwa or tolbert or booker? The best cuffs are already rostered so the wire is thin.

I'm trying to remember anybody really rising up on the wire last year at RB.  Fat Rob? 

17 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

For those of you pondering this question, I offer you this: Since 2001, only 10 times has a team produced two top-20 fantasy running backs.  Freeman & Coleman did it last year on an elite offense. 

Some other examples include co-#1 RBs (Stewart and Williams, 2009), situations in which one guy is the yardage guy and another the TD guy (MJD and Taylor did it twice; CJ2K and Lendale White, etc.), and situations in which there's an alpha dog and an electric pass catcher (R. Mathews/Woodhead, Hill/Bernard, Deuce/Bush).  Obviously what you're hoping for in picking up Cohen is the latter example.  

Source: Kudos to Christopher Harris for doing this research.

Cohen looked damn good yesterday- agile, explosive, powerful. That offensive line was impressive as well. Considering the Bears will be playing catch-up a lot of the time and essentially have no deep-threats, I can definitely see Cohen feasting on a week-to-week basis. He's not the biggest guy, so he might not be able to handle a full workload, especially with Howard in the mix, but he's more than capable of handling enough touches to achieve high-end production in ppr leagues. 

Edited by jdegs7

4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I'm ok taking an early season shot and spending on the flex play because who am i waiting for on the waiver down the road darkwa or tolbert or booker? The best cuffs are already rostered so the wire is thin. I learned my lesson with Asiata and mckinnon and the detroit backfield last season, Cohen showed me on Saturday he has the potential to be flex worthy today as a standalone entity not dependent on injury.

Thanks for the input and good point. You always wonder if you're missing out on a DJ or Odell when you burn the waiver wire $ or spot, but point taken with the running back position. Outside of maybe someone like Matt Breida it's difficult to see who could step into a league winning combo of talent and opportunity, but it is still only week 1.

1 minute ago, dogfightgiggle said:

I'm trying to remember anybody really rising up on the wire last year at RB.  Fat Rob? 

Jordan Howard

1 minute ago, KennyWoo said:

For those of you pondering this question, I offer you this: Since 2001, only 10 times has a team produced two top-20 fantasy running backs.  Freeman & Coleman did it last year on an elite offense. 

Some other examples include co-#1 RBs (Stewart and Williams, 2009), situations in which one guy is the yardage guy and another the TD guy (MJD and Taylor did it twice; CJ2K and Lendale White, etc.), and situations in which there's an alpha dog and an electric pass catcher (R. Mathews/Woodhead, Hill/Bernard, Deuce/Bush).  Obviously what you're hoping for in picking up Cohen is the latter example.  

Source: Kudos to Christopher Harris for doing this research.

Thank you for this. Is this PPR scoring? I'm assuming so with Woodhead, Bernard inclusion. Obviously makes a difference for Tarik.