ajs723

Tarik Cohen 2017 Outlook

21 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

Can you really trust a back that is 5' 6" 180 to be consistent? Seems like a Taylor Gabriel type player.

He's a satellite back.  Think Sproles, Woodhead, Gio Benard, Lance Dunbar, Reggie Bush, etc.   He looks extremely dynamic even for a small back, and he finishes his runs instead of going down on first contact.

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

After those drops in the redzone at the end of the game, the bear is probably second-guessing the release of Cruz.

Did somebody pick him up? Would not be surprised if the Bear pull Cruz back in.....unless they just decide to tank.

To put it in pespective if u stashed Dione Lewis or Chris Carson on your bench  before game 1 or are thinking about adding them, you should have no problem taking the shot on Cohen

NFL.COM write up:

"Cohen uses a bounding, bouncing approach to the line of scrimmage reminiscent of Le'Veon Bell, but he's far less likely to finish downhill and instead looks to break it wide and out-race defenders. He's an electric playmaker who needs touches, but he's too small and unpredictable to handle much of an NFL carry count. Cohen gets easy separation as a receiver out of the backfield or from the slot and he will likely be used as an updated version of Darren Sproles 2.0.

Only week 1 ... but worth the #1 waiver? 

This man needs a nickname...

What do we think abt Tarik "the freak" or "still goin" Cohen

1 minute ago, ragrag said:

I think they already call him 'The Human Joystick'

Just now, Yceman1234 said:

I think they already call him 'The Human Joystick'

of course, b/c of the special combos.  copy that!

7 minutes ago, ragrag said:

He already has two nicknames.  "The Human Joystick" and "Chicken Salad."

18 minutes ago, dashoe said:

To put it in pespective if u stashed Dione Lewis or Chris Carson on your bench  before game 1 or are thinking about adding them, you should have no problem taking the shot on Cohen

Nobody is saying that he shouldn't be rostered, the question is whether he is worth a large % of FAAB or a high waiver priority.

2 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Nobody is saying that he shouldn't be rostered, the question is whether he is worth a large % of FAAB or a high waiver priority.

I have the #1 waiver in a 10-teamer and will probably use it on Cohen.  Sure, maybe someone better will emerge as the season goes on, or an impatient owner drops a proven vet off to a slow start.  But I've usually found if you keep waiting and waiting and waiting for the best thing to come, it never does because you already watched it pass right by waiting for it.  I'd rather use my waiver on a high upside guy like the The Human Joystick, then let ppl around me use their waivers too and I can maybe get in on a second hot pickup in the weeks to come.

12 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Yes if you need a high ceiling volume flex play for your team.

as a howard owner I may actually debate getting this guy and starting both

39 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

excuse me but he's catching balls doing backflips

Omfg I saw this video a while ago but didn't know it was him!

I was on the fence but now I just might have to blow that #1 waiver...

52 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Whatever Darren Sproles/Danny Woodhead/Shane Vereen etc has been worth in years past in your league is probably a good guide.

2017 Season Projections now on Tarik Cohen...

He was targeted 12 times in the passing game and ran the ball 5 times. 

He returned kicks for like 45 return yards as well. 

In my league that scored out to 27.3 on my pine. 

So even If he gets 60% of that week to week across rushing, receiving, and returns, that's an average of 16.38 fantasy points a week and he'll probably have 1-3 weeks where he just goes bazerk bc the Bears are behind. 

The biggest deterrent to this kid is that the Bears coaching staff is moronic, BUT I feel like even they have to know he's their best offensive weapon at this point, with White and Meredith both being done for the year. 

This is Darren Sproles on crack. 

I wouldn't trade him for CMAC straight up. 

Buy, Buy, Buy! 

I'm willing to give this kid the benefit of the doubt.  I was the one who drafted Chris Johnson his rookie year in our standard league.  A lot of people doubted his durability because he was under 200 lbs.  They labeled him as a third down scat back.  I followed his career after that year.  The thing about CJ is that he was elusive and stronger than his size.  Cohen will need to find ways to avoid taking big hits.  And he took some chops in week 1.  He needs to cut that down.  What impressed me is, much like CJ, he has surprising strength and balance for such a small back.  I think his low center gravity plus his deceptive strength generates invisible weight.  That's how he was able to take hits and keep on going.

53 minutes ago, CuBu said:

as a howard owner I may actually debate getting this guy and starting both

Doing the exact same thing..i have no rb depth really

Live Look In @ Non Owners Counting Out FAAB Dollars For Bids On Monday Morning 

giphy.gif

Edited by The Gridiron Assassin

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

Why would anybody have been stashing Dion Lewis?  Certainly nobody is looking to add him.

I think if you are willing to roster and flex a back like Sproles, Duke Johnson, and Riddick, you would have no problem owning this guy who might be better than all of them.  I think he's better than Sproles right now who still is flex worthy in PPR.

Bears RB Benny Cunningham has been diagnosed with a high-ankle sprain and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.