ajs723

Tarik Cohen 2017 Outlook

Is week 1 an indication of his floor for touches? He is such an explosive player and oozes upside...reminds me of tyreek hill with his same level of game changing ability. I gotta get this guy rostered!

12 minutes ago, CooL said:

Why would anybody have been stashing Dion Lewis?  Certainly nobody is looking to add him.

I think if you are willing to roster and flex a back like Sproles, Duke Johnson, and Riddick, you would have no problem owning this guy who might be better than all of them.  I think he's better than Sproles right now who still is flex worthy in PPR.

Why Dionne Lewis because there are some hardcore Pats fans out there. . .:P

4 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

For those of you pondering this question, I offer you this: Since 2001, only 10 times has a team produced two top-20 fantasy running backs.  Freeman & Coleman did it last year on an elite offense. 

Some other examples include co-#1 RBs (Stewart and Williams, 2009), situations in which one guy is the yardage guy and another the TD guy (MJD and Taylor did it twice; CJ2K and Lendale White, etc.), and situations in which there's an alpha dog and an electric pass catcher (R. Mathews/Woodhead, Hill/Bernard, Deuce/Bush).  Obviously what you're hoping for in picking up Cohen is the latter example.  

Source: Kudos to Christopher Harris for doing this research.

10 times in 16 years? So a little better than every other year?

He doesn't need to be a Top 20 back. I'm looking at him as a potential flex. And which team looks like they have a better #2 RB for fantasy purposes? The answer is literally nobody.

Edited by miasma16

22 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

10 times in 16 years? So a little better than every other year?

He doesn't need to be a Top 20 back. I'm looking at him as a potential flex. And which team looks like they have a better #2 RB for fantasy purposes? The answer is literally nobody.

Exactly. What is the DJ cuff worth now based off of zero production? What are guys going to spend to pick up Kwilliams?  I don't even know what i would spend on that guy, is he a rb1 or a flex?

Edited by dashoe

Yahoo pickups suggesting $17 FAAB (I think this is on a $100 budget.)  Pretty hard to judge as it depends on league size, how aggressive and panicked the DJ owner is, what the other team situation is, etc.  I'm not sure if $17 gets it done in my league.

I think at this point, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.  We've already seen what this guy can do when given the chance.  I'd rather have him than hold an "upside" handcuff like Breida, Mack, Jamaal Williams, Dwayne Washington, etc. and have to wait for the starter to go down.

So with Johnson out two questions.

1) What kind of impact is he expected to have in terms of cutting into Howard's load?

2) How much of a FAAB budget is he worth? Around 20 bucks?

In PPR he is worth quite a bit more of your FAAB.  Hard to project his production based on his first nfl game, but 12 targets is about as promising as it gets for a RB in a PPR league.

If you are in a full PPR, better be prepared to bust out the big guns. There's a RB needy team or a team that just lost DJ that will be plunking down some serious coin.

If I'm a DJ owner in PPR, I go hard after Cohen and pray to the fantasy gods he becomes an every week starter. More upside than the AZ backs for sure. Palmer gonna tank that offense.

1 minute ago, Zorak said:

If I'm a DJ owner in PPR, I go hard after Cohen and pray to the fantasy gods he becomes an every week starter. More upside than the AZ backs for sure. Palmer gonna tank that offense.

same, along with owning Howard. Cohen is being put into flex if i can snag him.

DJ owner. I'm purposely tanking one of my leagues to get 1st priority and pick up Cohen. I'll sacrifice 1 week instead of 13.

Honestly, it will vary league-to-league but with the DJ injury (and as a Howard owner) I'm thinking of going something like $31/100 to land him. Early season FAAB systems usually see higher bids (guys love throwing money around in my league). 

It always depends on your league. I have a feeling there will be a guy that goes all in. WR's keep going down, there's just nobody in Chicago. I think worst case outside of an injury obviously is it becomes the poor man's version of the Falcons. Way less TD upside for there backs, but more work due to less talent surrounding them. A double headed monster where Cohen is a high upside flex, occasional RB2. Cohen is a top 2 offensive talent on a team with a great offensive line that will have lots of weeks playing from behind. He's going to get tons of targets, and some occasional carries.

Maybe it's just me but nowadays with team using committee's, everybody's entirely aware of the handcuffs to own, it's hard to find guys like this on the wire in competitive leagues. Cohen has potential to be the waiver wire pickup of the year IMO. He's electric and is going to get fed. I wouldn't be shocked if a DJ owner goes like 50-60+ in a 100 dollar league. Whatever's left in Arizona will probably be similar to what someone like R.Kelley is in Washington. 

About 4 or 5 or so times yesterday, a defender flung him around 180 degrees slamming him into the ground.   Seems that would take a toll on him and increase risk of severe injury or concussion and fumbles.

Edited by nine9s

15 minutes ago, nine9s said:

About 4 or 5 or so times yesterday, a defender flung him around 180 degrees slamming him into the ground.   Seems that would take a toll on him and increase risk of severe injury or concussion and fumbles.

Yes, playing RB in the NFL is bad for your health.

5 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Yes, playing RB in the NFL is bad for your health.

He was flung as if he were a rag doll.  Normal-sized NFL running backs do not have that happen several times a game. 

I have him in a dynasty league but I am concerned after watching all his plays from yesterday.

Edited by nine9s

2 minutes ago, nine9s said:

He was flung as if he were a rag doll.  Normal-sized NFL running backs do not have that happen several times a game. 

I have him in a dynasty league but I am concerned after watching all his plays from yesterday.

Ride the wave as long as you can ...

If you need a WR maybe try and sell Cohen for a guy like Allen Robinson. Better yet, package him in a deal for David Johnson.

I see Danny Woodhead in his prime but with a bit more agility/burst/power

Haven't seen anyone look like this since Sproles. Gotta be honest...I think Cohen is better

5 minutes ago, TomisTerrific said:

Haven't seen anyone look like this since Sproles. Gotta be honest...I think Cohen is better

Sproles is more straight line speed.  SProles has good balance, as does Cohen, but he does not seem to run around as much as Cohen has. Cohen reminds me more of Barry Sanders.  But that might be a bad thing because he does not have the size of Sanders nor overall talent, and the juking and trying to find space, instead of taking what the defense gives, probably means more negative yardage play which would cut down on what a team might allow him to do.  If he developed more of a take what is in front of him outlook, instead of a lot of lateral movement, he might be able to sustain a healthy number of snaps and have a better yardage average.  

Edited by nine9s