ajs723

Tarik Cohen 2017 Outlook

5 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Kinda like trump running for president, was fun to make the tecmo bowl references, but could be a reality lol

I can still hear the sounds and music in my head.  I loved that game so much.

He looks electric out there.  But boy he was taking some massive hits.  

3 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

He looks electric out there.  But boy he was taking some massive hits.  

He is so small , last year I said the same thing about Tryeek Hill and missed out.

fingers crossed

9 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

He is so small , last year I said the same thing about Tryeek Hill and missed out.

fingers crossed

5'6" Cohen making +6' men look like boys out there.

He looks small out there because he's so short, but he's 5'6" and 180 pounds.  That's a very stout / thick / dense body.  I don't think that makes him any more injury prone than anyone else out there - if anything I'd think he's more dense than a player that's 6'3" and 220 pounds.  I'm 5'7" and slim, and when I don't have a beer gut I'm around 135 pounds, so Cohen has a lot of muscle mass on his frame.

he will revolutionize the position like the small ball in the NBA. 

the small back is harder to tackle and is just as injury prone as a big dude. 

it's taken experts nearly 100 years to figure this out. 

4 minutes ago, LyondellBasell said:

Is this sarcasm, or has this thread finally hit peak hyperbole?

The bigger they are, the harder they fall... This dude is a ninja.  Lest we forget...

320x320.gif.1eee33b58d6041cd8f9ab88ee0a6

59 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

Is this sarcasm, or has this thread finally hit peak hyperbole?

Sadly, the latter is most likely. 

Just now, SuperHans said:

What to do. No one here seems to think fluke or only big game in here. 

Nope.  I'm all in.  This year's WW pickup of the year revealed himself early this year.  Which only increases his value.  15 more weeks of the waiver wire add of the year?  I am thinking there will be some leagues where he goes for 100% of someone's FAAB.

5 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

What to do. No one here seems to think fluke or only big game in here. 

He could be a one game wonder  which is why u use ur faab or waiver priority accordingly vs your team structure and forecasting. 

I'm betting he is a high ceiling flex with a solid floor based on potential vlm on a bad offense

Edited by dashoe

Lost DJ and scooped Tarik in a no waivers league.

Not replacement level for DJ but i feel ok about it.

Scooped Kamara as well.

With the injuries to Bears WRs expect to see Cohens role increase amd they probably elevate Tanner Gentry to the 53 man roster

1 hour ago, LyondellBasell said:

Fairly certain Barry Sanders and Darren Sproles came first. Sproles is better than this dude and never got a shot as full time back. 

3 minutes ago, dundeeslugger said:

Sproles is better than this dude and never got a shot as full time back. 

With all due respect, there's no way to know this yet.  Sproles is the man and has had a great career, but Cohen's had one game.

But I totally agree, it's too late for Cohen to revolutionize the position... he's only a decade or two late.

Edited by Trifecta

2 hours ago, LyondellBasell said:

Just the position?  Why not the game?  Pretty soon we'll all play in points per backflip catch leagues.

2 hours ago, swaggyp said:

anyone bidding more than 50% of faab? 

I most likely will be. The keeper league in which I own David Johnson has a lot of cheap owners who don't typically splurge on players as they're a bit conservative but I can't take that chance. I have to own to this man.

Edited by Belmundo

Pumping the brakes on this guy hard. This is a receiving back on the Chicago Bears. Whether he's an electric talent or not, situation matters.

Even if his fantasy value has been torpedoed, Jordan Howard does still exist and will get the vast majority of carries if healthy. That puts Cohen in the Theo Riddick role, except in a much worse offense. That player has value certainly, but he ain't a league-winner. Let's jump to an insane conclusion and say Cohen is peak Darren Sproles...even Sproles wasn't a league-winning player and his biggest years came during peak Saints with Drew Brees at QB. Cohen has Mike Glennon and...Kendall Wright?

5 minutes ago, BronXBombers51 said:

Pumping the brakes on this guy hard. This is a receiving back on the Chicago Bears. Whether he's an electric talent or not, situation matters.

Even if his fantasy value has been torpedoed, Jordan Howard does still exist and will get the vast majority of carries if healthy. That puts Cohen in the Theo Riddick role, except in a much worse offense. That player has value certainly, but he ain't a league-winner. Let's jump to an insane conclusion and say Cohen is peak Darren Sproles...even Sproles wasn't a league-winning player and his biggest years came during peak Saints with Drew Brees at QB. Cohen has Mike Glennon and...Kendall Wright?

Let's not disregard something that may seem counter-intuitive: a bad "team" situation doesn't always translate to a bad individual player situation. 

Some of the hidden positives:

Bears figure to be playing from behind a lot, putting Cohen on the field as the superior pass catching option (it's not even close)

Bears don't have a lot of playmakers, hence why Cohen received 12 targets in his NFL debut.

Bears are desperate for someone other than Howard who can make a positive impact. 

I actually think there are more situational positives than negatives for this guy.

Edited by Trifecta

I don't see it. He seems like a flex at best to me. Howard is there and he won't be getting more than 10 touches a lot of the time. 

I didnt watch the the game did he split out as a WR at times with Howard still in the game? That's the only way the hype makes sense to me. 

What are we thinking in regards to his value in non-PPR leagues?  Seems like a no brainer pickup in PPR formats but my work money league is no points PPR (unfortunately) so not sure what kind of value he holds there, especially as a Howard owner.

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

I didnt watch the the game did he split out as a WR at times with Howard still in the game? 

Yes, he is the best pass catching option they have now. It's not even close.

And, you didn't watch the game?  It seems the only naysayers are those that didn't actually witness his greatness.

Edited by Trifecta