ajs723

Tarik Cohen 2017 Outlook

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

New posters should be sent to this thread to get a very good perspective of this forum.

Every player is good no player is bad. Every player is going to be goat. Every thread is full of overreaction and hype that is off the charts.

Good grief some people in here acting like this guy is Sanders 2.0.

This is my concern. Every player is good and this was a crazy week 1. Next week Cohen could be lost for ever haha

2 minutes ago, italyjg21 said:

Loved this guys potential before the season, drafted him in all leagues the last round as a stash, and I'm pretty pumped for it. I feel great about flexing him, the Bears don't have many options in their offense so both Howard and Cohen will get plenty of targets. Especially in PPR, I think Cohen will have enough volume to be a comfortable flex. As electric as eh looks, I'm not getting ahead of myself here. I think he is going to have some great weeks, but I also think he will have some down weeks. Overall I think he will end up being a solid flex player with the ability of having big games mixed in. If he ends up being more than that, then I will be absolutely pumped, but I'll take what I can get out of him and enjoy the ride.

Exactly how I'm thinking this goes. If he gets 12-15 touches per game he'll have some games where he goes off based on his pure quickness and ability to make guys miss but he will also have some games where he's just an ok flex option. In PPR I think he can easily average 10-12 points per week which I'll gladly take as a flex option. 

23 minutes ago, italyjg21 said:

Loved this guys potential before the season, drafted him in all leagues the last round as a stash, and I'm pretty pumped for it. I feel great about flexing him, the Bears don't have many options in their offense so both Howard and Cohen will get plenty of targets. Especially in PPR, I think Cohen will have enough volume to be a comfortable flex. As electric as eh looks, I'm not getting ahead of myself here. I think he is going to have some great weeks, but I also think he will have some down weeks. Overall I think he will end up being a solid flex player with the ability of having big games mixed in. If he ends up being more than that, then I will be absolutely pumped, but I'll take what I can get out of him and enjoy the ride.

19 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

Exactly how I'm thinking this goes. If he gets 12-15 touches per game he'll have some games where he goes off based on his pure quickness and ability to make guys miss but he will also have some games where he's just an ok flex option. In PPR I think he can easily average 10-12 points per week which I'll gladly take as a flex option. 

Could not agree more with both of the above comments. ^^

1 hour ago, BronXBombers51 said:

Anything is possible. I just don't think it's particularly probable.

Sproles was a ~top 10 RB that year on a monstrous offense with a first-ballot HOF QB. Top 10ish at his position. Not David Johnson. Not Arian Foster. A really good, really solid back-end RB1. That was PEAK Darren Sproles.

Cohen is going to be as good or BETTER than that? On the Bears? 

Is any undrafted player highly probable?  If they were then they would be getting drafted.  Usually what separates a team from the rest of the league is a surprise player.  Sometimes it's a player you drafted late and sometimes it's a guy off waiver.  The thing is, you will never know unless you take those chances.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Is any undrafted player highly probable?  If they were then they would be getting drafted.  Usually what separates a team from the rest of the league is a surprise player.  Sometimes it's a player you drafted late and sometimes it's a guy off waiver.  The thing is, you will never know unless you take those chances.

I'm 100% an advocate of spending your FAAB early. I don't hoard it. 

I just don't think Cohen is particularly likely to have a higher ceiling than someone like Riddick. And I think there's a distinct possibility he's James White/Duke Johnson/current Sproles. All useful pieces, particularly in full PPR, but not guys I'm likely to break the bank for.

I could be wrong. Just expressing my opinion on the player and his situation as I see it.

30 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

New posters should be sent to this thread to get a very good perspective of this forum.

Every player is good no player is bad. Every player is going to be goat. Every thread is full of overreaction and hype that is off the charts.

Overreaction? I'm pretty sure the majority of Cohen fans are saying he's worth a waiver pick up and could possibly be a flex player.  It would be an overreaction if we were saying he needed to be drafted in the middle rounds or if we said he's a RB2.

I feel the ones saying this is an overreaction are the ones who are actually overreacting.  There's nothing wrong with getting excited about a possible flier.  For most people picking him up he's just going to be sitting on their bench and used and a flex player.

6 minutes ago, BronXBombers51 said:

I'm 100% an advocate of spending your FAAB early. I don't hoard it. 

I just don't think Cohen is particularly likely to have a higher ceiling than someone like Riddick. And I think there's a distinct possibility he's James White/Duke Johnson/current Sproles. All useful pieces, particularly in full PPR, but not guys I'm likely to break the bank for.

I could be wrong. Just expressing my opinion on the player and his situation as I see it.

This Bears offense is going to need Cohen and Howard to carry them for the most part. Sproles, White, and Duke are all just complimentary pieces in their offenses while Cohen is going to have to be the/a focal point which is why I think he is going to have a solid floor weekly in PPR leagues and bonkers weeks when he goes off. 

Edited by chud12

8 minutes ago, chud12 said:

This Bears offense is going to need Cohen and Howard to carry them for the most part. Sproles, White, and Duke are all just complimentary pieces in their offenses while Cohen is going to have to be the/a focal point is why I think he is going to have a solid floor weekly in PPR leagues and bonkers weeks when he goes off. 

Point taken. I would agree the Bears offense is going to need them if they're going to be good. I just think there's a possibility, if not strong probability, the Bears offense is going to be quite bad, which caps the ceiling of everyone on the team.

The Jets "need" Bilal Powell to carry them too. Doesn't mean I'm excited to own him.

Edited by BronXBombers51

37 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

This is my concern. Every player is good and this was a crazy week 1. Next week Cohen could be lost for ever haha

DJ was lost, injuries are part of the game. The higher the workload a rb has the higher the risk for injury. Unless a player has a chronic injury issue attempting to forecast injury is rather futile in the rb position. 

it's the NFL EVERYONE gets injured. . .:o

58 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

No I think the reaction is moreso there is rb scarcity due to injuries and rbbc and people are trying to buy shares in any rb they think will give them solid production and upside. Case in point there is no replacement of DJ's production unless you are willing to start 2 BOTH cardinals rbs and hope they get u a relevant  percentage. Dj's loss demonstrates that replacement points just don't  sit on the waiver  when u need them. Right now u have to scramble and u dont even know who is the best cuff.

So in cohens case when u see his playmaking abilites and you forecast his potential vlm share, you think you have a decent flex with a floor and  high ceiling that should keepmu competitive or win that flex slot weekly. 

Seriously u want to take the shot on Cole beasly or darkwa  as ur flex or cohen after week 1?

Edited by dashoe

59 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

^^^  Salty because the Seachickens' OL & RBBC is a nightmare

5 minutes ago, psygolf said:

^^^  Salty because the Seachickens' OL & RBBC is a nightmare

Is ad hominem how you "win" your arguments?

Edited by Gohawks

1 hour ago, SuperHans said:

Agree too.  I'm not on the Cohen train.

I just think this is still Howard's gig and Cohen will be nothing more than a 4-5 carry, 4-5 reception a game RB.  He may bust a couple big plays but until I see 15 touches a game, I don't think I'd be comfortable starting him in standard leagues.....Maybe PPR leagues.

He reminds me of a Darren Sproles type player.  I never felt good about starting Sproles just because his usage was so unpredictable....But he's always good for a couple big games a year.

If I was 100% confident of 15 touches. I'd cash my #2 waiver today. That's plenty enough. I just am afraid he ends up catching 4 balls for 40 yards and nothing more like every other scat back. 

Sproles had at least one amazing fantasy year in new orleans. i think it was his second year there. 

Howard is not a special talent. Good stats last year, but i never saw any special skill. He's quick, but just a straight ahead runner. 

They will be making Tarik more than a complimentary part of of the game plan. 

This is Jon Fox, the godfather of the two back approach. 

1 hour ago, SuperHans said:

Every time I want to blow my wad on a week 1 star, I think of Kevin Ogletree of the Cowboys in Week 1 2012: 8-114-2.  He only caught an additional 24 passes and 2 TDs for the remaining 15 games.

Not saying this will happen to Joystick, but it's obviously a concern.  Shoot your wad now and then you're going to be sitting on the sidelines when potentially somebody more interesting comes up.  Unfortunately you can't reload FAABs, so if you're going to take a stab at someone, then better make sure it's more than a one night stand.

12 minutes ago, LyondellBasell said:

Sproles had at least one amazing fantasy year in new orleans. i think it was his second year there. 

Howard is not a special talent. Good stats last year, but i never saw any special skill. He's quick, but just a straight ahead runner. 

They will be making Tarik more than a complimentary part of of the game plan. 

This is Jon Fox, the godfather of the two back approach. 

1300 yards and 9 TD's in 2011, first year in NOLA.

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

No one who gets 12 targets is a fluke. Especially not a RB. 

The number of targets certainly could be a fluke.  For instance, in the 2012 opener, Darren McFadden (this is back when he was still really good) had 18 targets.  

He averaged 4.1 targets a game the rest of the season, exceeding four in a game just three more times.

7 minutes ago, CooL said:

Every time I want to blow my wad on a week 1 star, I think of Kevin Ogletree of the Cowboys in Week 1 2012: 8-114-2.  He only caught an additional 24 passes and 2 TDs for the remaining 15 games.

Not saying this will happen to Joystick, but it's obviously a concern.  Shoot your wad now and then you're going to be sitting on the sidelines when potentially somebody more interesting comes up.  Unfortunately you can't reload FAABs, so if you're going to take a stab at someone, then better make sure it's more than a one night stand.

Exaxtly. Even for leagues where waivers don't reset. If I burn my waiver. It's over until week 8-10 easy. 

I felt much better about Ajayi and Howard last year than Tarik now. Only reason I'm even considering the grab is everyone else going wild over this guy. I want to grab him so bad but I feel like he is not blow your FAAB or waiver order type of guy. It's a tough call. I just lost A Rob and to get thst production or expected production back would be so worth it. Just passing backs in standard which I play have to be special and used frequently to be started. 

4 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

1300 yards and 9 TD's in 2011, first year in NOLA.

Glorious numbers right there. still can we really make the comparison after one game. 

Just now, SuperHans said:

Glorious numbers right there. still can we really make the comparison after one game. 

IDK man, he was drafted by the current regime, made huge plays all preseason, and the Bears #1 WR is out for the season after 1 game. I think it's certainly possible.

i think the question is at what waiver # this guy worth.  I have #1 waiver and i don't think i'll pick him up