ajs723

Tarik Cohen 2017 Outlook

4 minutes ago, kira said:

i think the question is at what waiver # this guy worth.  I have #1 waiver and i don't think i'll pick him up

pick him up, and then just actively monitor RB situations every week. Make it a point to take a flyer on a high upside backup every week and hope you hit in case Cohen doesn't pan out. This has worked well for me in the past. 

7 minutes ago, kira said:

i think the question is at what waiver # this guy worth.  I have #1 waiver and i don't think i'll pick him up

depends if you need a RB or not. If I'm not confident in my RBs or lost DJ I'm using my #1 waiver (.5 or full PPR) standard I'm not sure I'd pull the trigger or not.

Edited by meekzy

In a 12 team ppr I am burning a #1 ww on him.  With the lack of target monsters at wr and their qb situation I think he continues to get a lot of touches.

Does any Bear fan or someone with more knowledge on the situation know if he's gonna continue to be a return man? I would think they take him off return duties if he's gonna be more of an offensive option. 

I am absolutely using #1 on him in standard even. There aren't many opportunities to get a game changer. It's a blessing and a curse to have high priority and sometimes you have to swing for the fences!

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

Agree too.  I'm not on the Cohen train.

I just think this is still Howard's gig and Cohen will be nothing more than a 4-5 carry, 4-5 reception a game RB.  He may bust a couple big plays but until I see 15 touches a game, I don't think I'd be comfortable starting him in standard leagues.....Maybe PPR leagues.

He reminds me of a Darren Sproles type player.  I never felt good about starting Sproles just because his usage was so unpredictable....But he's always good for a couple big games a year.

If this is a PPR league then you're saying you think Cohen will be nothing more that a double digit scoring player every week.  Is that not good enough to pick up off waiver and use as a flex occasionally?  If he's getting 4-5 carries then he's probably getting around 20 yards and if he's getting 4-5 receptions then he's getting another 30 yards or so.  That means he's getting about 10 points right there with the possibility of busting a huge play or a TD.  Seems like a pretty solid option considering the other players on waivers right now.

I drafted Cohen 8.11 in a 14 Team full PPR that scores for return yards. 

If I didn't already have him rostered, I'd be willing to spend 65% of my FAAB on him, just to likely snag him. 

This is why: 

He's beyond electric. He can take it to the house on busted plays. He has great massive hands. His elusivness is top notch because of his low center of gravity. He's made of muscle, so it's not like he's weak. He's just short and FAST AF. 

He returns punts, he's gonna get carries, and he's going to operate out of the slot. 

Barring injury, he'll lead the Bears in receiving.  How often to players with this kind of electrifying speed and elusiveness become available? 

It's like Tyreek Hill only this kid will get more volume.

Barring injury, this kid will be the pickup of the year. 

I'm not a fan of holding on to the #1 priority and just sitting on the sidelines waiting for something to happen. I want in on the action baby!

Have the #1 waiver in a standard league 12 teams.  Having difficulty with this one boys between Cohen, Kerwyn Williams or Golladay.  Reading mixed thoughts here about sustainability in standard leagues.

14 team ppr league and I lost Danny woodhead, I spent 40% FAAB and got him this afternoon. Welcome to the team, he looked great and losing white just means more targets to go around. Glennon will be checking down left and right.

I think he'll be a worthy pickup, let's not go that far and say pickup of the year yet lol. I'm sure there will be many other injuries that results in great pickups for their backup or next man up. 

38 minutes ago, aznkris said:

In 16 team PPR league, I'm going ALL IN. 

He went 8.11 to me in our 14 team PPR league. 

How did he go undrafted in your league, that's crazy. 

Don't see how In ppr leagues Cohen isn't a number 1 waiver claim.  I get the skeptism in standard scoring but yea. 

Edited by chud12

3 minutes ago, Jrod124 said:

14 team ppr league and I lost Danny woodhead, I spent 40% FAAB and got him this afternoon. Welcome to the team, he looked great and losing white just means more targets to go around. Glennon will be checking down left and right.

I'm in the same boat and have put in $30 of my $100 FAAB to get him. I'm not sure that will wind up being enough but I think it's worth a shot and I don't know if I feel comfortable spending more. Also my first league I've done with FAAB instead of standard waiver claims. 

Just now, BostonCajun said:

I'm in the same boat and have put in $30 of my $100 FAAB to get him. I'm not sure that will wind up being enough but I think it's worth a shot and I don't know if I feel comfortable spending more. Also my first league I've done with FAAB instead of standard waiver claims. 

Someone came in behind me with 30% their roll, I just really put myself in a hole at RB, I'm a big zero rb kind of guy, so once woodhead went down, it left Kamara as a starter, will be much happier seeing Cohen's name their instead. So felt the need to pay up.

9 minutes ago, Jrod124 said:

Just curious, what others in your league bid on him with you winning the with the $40.

6 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Just curious, what others in your league bid on him with you winning the with the $40.

$31...$20...a bunch in the teens...$4(haha)

16 minutes ago, Jrod124 said:

$31...$20...a bunch in the teens...$4(haha)

Thanks for sharing this. I just upped mine to $35 hoping that'll do it. I feel like a lot of people are focusing on the Arizona RB situation with DJ going down. I also feel like there are more people getting hyped up about Buck Allen in Baltimore with Woodhead going down and the number of carries he had in the game. 

44 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I drafted Cohen 8.11 in a 14 Team full PPR that scores for return yards. 

If I didn't already have him rostered, I'd be willing to spend 65% of my FAAB on him, just to likely snag him. 

This is why: 

He's beyond electric. He can take it to the house on busted plays. He has great massive hands. His elusivness is top notch because of his low center of gravity. He's made of muscle, so it's not like he's weak. He's just short and FAST AF. 

He returns punts, he's gonna get carries, and he's going to operate out of the slot. 

Barring injury, he'll lead the Bears in receiving.  How often to players with this kind of electrifying speed and elusiveness become available? 

It's like Tyreek Hill only this kid will get more volume.

Barring injury, this kid will be the pickup of the year. 

Lead the Bears in receiving? Pick-up of the year? It has been one week. One. Week. This thread is out of control. 

Edited by Grayson2401

Anyone know what Cohen's playing weight is now?  I keep seeing the same ~180 shown on his draft profile.  He is so muscular, even at 5-6 it seems he would weigh more.

Some waiver pickups you wish will do well, some you just know will do well and not second guess it. Cohen fits in the second category.

ATL never knew what hit them. Cohen is legit, and will very much be accounted for from here on out.

He's the most electric guy on the team, and will instantly be the #2 option to move the ball.

4-6 targets a game is virtually assured, maybe even 4-6 receptions. Efforts will be made to get him a few balls 10+yds deep, but he'll be forcefed on check downs if those aren't hitting. 

He won't sniff 10 carries.  Most games with sub 40 ru yds.

Avg statline should be: 5att/35yds 5rec 60yds 0.4TDs.

IMO - bust a nut for him in ppr, pass in standard