ajs723

Tarik Cohen 2017 Outlook

so sounds like rb3 in standard /flex, Rb 2/3 for ppr, but potential top 15 Rb by end of yr. 

all abord, 55 %faab standard, 60 ppr!! 

15 minutes ago, Se7enLikeMe said:

ATL never knew what hit them. Cohen is legit, and will very much be accounted for from here on out.

He's the most electric guy on the team, and will instantly be the #2 option to move the ball.

4-6 targets a game is virtually assured, maybe even 4-6 receptions. Efforts will be made to get him a few balls 10+yds deep, but he'll be forcefed on check downs if those aren't hitting. 

He won't sniff 10 carries.  Most games with sub 40 ru yds.

Avg statline should be: 5att/35yds 5rec 60yds 0.4TDs.

IMO - bust a nut for him in ppr, pass in standard

Passing on 1500 yards and 7 TDs in standard, eh?

Just now, miasma16 said:

Passing on 1500 yards and 7 TDs in standard, eh?

No, not pass.. but to get him bidding, you'll have to break the bank even in standard. His floor is that much lower in PPR, which is the point.

He's obviously worth a #1 claim in both, though.

PPR/ Returns Score -- (League not based in Chicago) 61%

PPR/Returns Score--(League BASED IN Chicago or Burbs) 71%

If you took him in the draft. --- PRICELESS

Standard is for the birds. 

2 hours ago, dakimbell said:

1300 yards and 9 TD's in 2011, first year in NOLA.

wrong thread, but on that note I see Kamara having a big year (not saying quite those type numbers tho).

Cohen is special because it seems the touches will be there and not just the opportunity but he is the type to make things happen with his touches, exciting.

Screw it. I'm in. Claiming him at my #2 spot. I need a flex after losing A Rob. I'm hoping for 6 plus points in standard with some booms to win weeks. 

You all better not let me down haha 

1 minute ago, SuperHans said:

Screw it. I'm in. Claiming him at my #2 spot. I need a flex after losing A Rob. I'm hoping for 6 plus points in standard with some booms to win weeks. 

You all better not let me down haha 

How does he even make it to two? 

You play with kids? 

6 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

How does he even make it to two? 

You play with kids? 

Sometimes the league Taco just doesn't care.

No because keeping your waiver spot for bigger and better things can win your league. It's week one you fools

4 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

No because keeping your waiver spot for bigger and better things can win your league. It's week one you fools

Normally I would tend to agree, but in this case I don't see any bigger or better things than this pickup anytime soon

6 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Most leagues do waivers differently?  If it goes my inverse standings no point in waiting on anything.

I think Tarik is great and should have solid value even w/ Jordan Howard getting the majority of the carries but if you're a Tarik Cohen owner you should be salivating at the thought of a Jordan Howard injury. He would have virtually zero competition for snaps at RB, running behind a great o-line, would probably be the centerpiece of the offense, and boy does mike glennon love short dump offs to RBs and TEs. I think in a hypothetical situation where Howard had gotten a serious injury week 1 I would seriously be considering spending 90+% FAAB on Tarik. I know it's to silly to hypothetically assume specific injuries but it's just something I hadn't seen mentioned on here that maybe you should keep in mind. 

Edited by BearDownBears

2 minutes ago, kdko said:

Most leagues do waivers differently?  If it goes my inverse standings no point in waiting on anything.

Mine does not reset weekly. So holding until soneome like a Bell, Melvin, Ajayi goes down then that's instantly more valuable 

Just now, SuperHans said:

Mine does not reset weekly. So holding until soneome like a Bell, Melvin, Ajayi goes down then that's instantly more valuable 

And I actually didn't mean to say most, just some :P 

11 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

week 1 IMO, is the time to really go after it, bang for your buck wise, since you will be getting 15 weeks of said player, should you hit it is definitely the best value.

6 minutes ago, BearDownBears said:

I think Tarik is great and should have solid value even w/ Jordan Howard getting the majority of the carries but if you're a Tarik Cohen owner you should be salivating at the thought of a Jordan Howard injury. He would have virtually zero competition for snaps at RB, running behind a great o-line, would probably be the centerpiece of the offense, and boy does mike glennon love short dump offs to RBs and TEs. I think in a hypothetical situation where Howard had gotten a serious injury week 1 I would seriously be considering spending 90+% FAAB on Tarik. I know it's to silly to hypothetically assume specific injuries but it's just something I hadn't seen mentioned on here that maybe you should keep in mind. 

Actually think the current situation is the most ideal, 2 of the Bears top receivers are out for the season, so he will see a major uptick in targets. If Howard goes out, the offense just becomes way too predictable and seems like too much would be put on his plate, not sure he can handle a huge workload. But I would love to be wrong.

1 minute ago, dakimbell said:

week 1 IMO, is the time to really go after it, bang for your buck wise, since you will be getting 15 weeks of said player, should you hit it is definitely the best value.

I agree in theory if that player produces and is startable till week 15

Just now, SuperHans said:

I agree in theory if that player produces and is startable till week 15

yep and i see a perfect situation for this kid, he has done nothing but impress in the preseason and week 1. Training camp star as well, now he has a situation where he could possibly be the top receiver on the team. He has a great offensive line, I'm sure there's going to be other situations that pop up this year, but hard to envision Cohen's situation not being the among the best of them. 

It is all about the situation here with Cohen. He is going to be a focal point in this offense and that is all you can ask for. That alone is what makes the questioning of the number 1 waiver claim or blowing a fat load of your budget on him pretty puzzling. 

4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Is ad hominem how you "win" your arguments?

"Is that Latin-!?"  M. Fischer, Rushmore '01

1 hour ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Awarding a player points for a catch that loses yardage is for the birds.

Prepare yourselves for the next bear hype train...Tanner Gentry brought back up from the practice squad, he'll end up their best wr.

1 hour ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

how about PPR/Returns score/Return yards(25yd per point) ? 

1 hour ago, kdko said:

Same, and sometimes the #1 claim spot will sell his spot that week for players or future draft picks.