ajs723

Tarik Cohen 2017 Outlook

I think Cohen is worth the #1 waiver. Assuming Howard hangs in - and there is no reason to think he doesn't - I can see a thunder/lightning situation 2-back platoon. Depending on matchups one or the other of these guys will have the most points each week. Tougher run D's = Cohen, tougher pass D's = Howard.

47 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Greg Pruitt 2.0

Pruitt was more of a glider like O.J. but another guy from that era in college that was Tarik like was Warren McVea outta Houston. 

14 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Same, and sometimes the #1 claim spot will sell his spot that week for players or future draft picks. 

That's interesting.  I always wondered if that was something that can be done.  We don't use rolling waivers anymore because I think they are archaic and stupid.  I hate that you have to wait to move up the ladder before you have a shot at somebody decent.  I also don't like the system where the waivers reset every week based on inverse standing.  But this trading thing does seem intriguing.  Since we use FAAB, I was wondering if you could somehow trade players for FAAB?  Not sure if any platform supports that kind of thing.

14 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Too low. He's worth at least 50% in PPR

Well, every league is different of course.  Size, number of RBs starting, bench size, aggressiveness of your league in bidding, etc.  We certainly have had guys who have blown it all in the first week before, but there are also passive owners who never spend a dollar the entire season.  50% to me seems like a lot.  30-35% and if somebody gets him I'm ok with that.

1 minute ago, MONEY BALL said:

The new Darren Sproles. Will have boom 20 point weeks. But most likely will have 3 or below bust weeks too. 

What will be considered a busy week for him?  I see his floor around 6 points in PPR. How many RBs drafted higher finished around there in week one already?

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What will be considered a busy week for him?  I see his floor around 6 points in PPR. How many RBs drafted higher finished around there in week one already?

Since the Bears are awful, game scripts will be in his favor since they have to pass alot to play catch up. Garbage time specials included.

You might be right about that floor in PPR. 

4 minutes ago, MONEY BALL said:

Since the Bears are awful, game scripts will be in his favor since they have to pass alot to play catch up. Garbage time specials included.

You might be right about that floor in PPR. 

The Bear's offense isn't as garbage as most think. It's below average but not the worst. 

I think people forget how easy it can be for a guy like Cohen to get double digits in PPR. If he gets 20 yards rushing and 5 catches for 30 yards he already has 10 points. With his abililty to bust one big play it doesn't take much. 

4 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If this is a PPR league then you're saying you think Cohen will be nothing more that a double digit scoring player every week.  Is that not good enough to pick up off waiver and use as a flex occasionally?  If he's getting 4-5 carries then he's probably getting around 20 yards and if he's getting 4-5 receptions then he's getting another 30 yards or so.  That means he's getting about 10 points right there with the possibility of busting a huge play or a TD.  Seems like a pretty solid option considering the other players on waivers right now.

Yeah...I can see more value in a PPR.

My leagues aren't PPRs though which is why I guess I'm not seeing as much value.

38 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

Pruitt was more of a glider like O.J. but another guy from that era in college that was Tarik like was Warren McVea outta Houston. 

I was just taking him down from the Barry Sanders 2.0 accusation

7 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Yeah...I can see more value in a PPR.

My leagues aren't PPRs though which is why I guess I'm not seeing as much value.

Speak it brother. Tougher choice.

2 minutes ago, TexasBlueMoon said:

Is Cohen an automatic plug and play in flex every week? Even in standard leagues?

It looks like that's his floor, and what I'd expect. 

2 minutes ago, TexasBlueMoon said:

Is Cohen an automatic plug and play in flex every week? Even in standard leagues?

I think his value in standard leagues is a difference of almost 5 points per game. I wouldn't be near as excited about him in standard leagues but I don't play in standard leagues luckily. 

He has plenty of value in standard as a RB3/Flex play IMO. This guy will be a hybrid WR/RB gonna get the ball in alot of different ways

16 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I was just taking him down from the Barry Sanders 2.0 accusation

Ahhh, gotcha :-)

Yea, not quite ready to put him in the conversation as the best RB ever. Sure he has similar traits with his quickness and change of directions but Barry was demonstrably stronger shedding tackles.

Although Tarik is already far superior as a receiver compared to Barry. I've been all in on the next great Jewish RB in Cohen ;-) He's a bargain even at retail prices , just glad I got him wholesale in two of my 3 leagues. The last one I took him 28th overall in rookie/FA draft over labor day weekend.

Every post is like a broken record.  Every poster is echoing something they heard or read someone else say.  We beat this horse to death.  All this FAAB and which waiver order to burn on him is getting out of hand.  The point is nobody knows, otherwise you would win high stakes Vegas fantasy championships every year and not be on this forum.  There are posts with good insight, but they are now buried in the pile of non-sense.

Play out your own forecast out of the situation and hope for the best.  Good luck!

My thought is that if you have #1-2 waiver priority now and burn it, thats like a two for one situation in basketball.  The earlier you use up the high priority the faster you will reach another high priority order.  Maybe just in time for playoffs.

Fresh off the presses in The Chi. 

He totally reverses field and takes it to the house by hitting the pylon at the 2:10 mark. 

#ChickenSalad

https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoBears/

Edited by The Gridiron Assassin

Cannot believe the FAAB being tossed around an a complimentary player, astonishing!

real life, a gem, fantasy, a bye filler 

He took some huuuge hits sunday, but the acceleration and elusiveness are off the charts!

Edited by dakimbell