ajs723

Tarik Cohen 2017 Outlook

The reality is, no one here knows how trubisky will impact Cohen. Much of it will still depend on Fox. 

Dropping him would be stupid but starting him is a very high risk reward type situation..

1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

They're going to delete your account?   Don't be angry because I called you out for trolling psygolf and pulling this thread off topic.

There isn't much to be frustrated with.  I'm not sure what value you are pretending to add here. 

Cohen's targets and carries have been:

Cunningham's have been:

0,Inactive,3,5

Cunningham has little to do with Cohen's workload.  Cohen is getting about what you'd expect for an undersized change of pace back.  For example consider Christian McCaffrey's targets and touches:

It's probably a good buy low week for Cohen in PPR.

Cohen is perfectly on topic because he factors into the bet between psygolf and myself. In the future, mind your own business. 

Starting Tarik over Howard  in PPR. not thinking twice. If Cohen doesn't get touches this week, the #firejohnfox train will start choo-chooing in Chicago.

2 minutes ago, degendynamo said:

Starting Tarik over Howard  in PPR. not thinking twice. If Cohen doesn't get touches this week, the #firejohnfox train will start choo-chooing in Chicago.

Isn't the MIN game where Howard cemented the job on MNF last year?

1 minute ago, joshua18 said:

Isn't the MIN game where Howard cemented the job on MNF last year?

Maybe.....but Tarik wasn't there last year. Howard's only competition was Kadeem Carey I believe?

If Howard puts cement on the job again this year against MIN, I would be more than surprised. 

10 minutes ago, degendynamo said:

Maybe.....but Tarik wasn't there last year. Howard's only competition was Kadeem Carey I believe?

If Howard puts cement on the job again this year against MIN, I would be more than surprised. 

Good points. I just don't trust Fox. 

I don't trust him neither. I may put Corey Clement out there instead of Tarik or Howard for that reason.

But Cohen's talent is undeniable, and I'm sure Fox has heard grumblings around the organization that he needs to start using his talent ASAP.

I doubt the move to go to Trubisky was a "100% Fox decision." 

1 hour ago, wideopen21 said:

The reality is, no one here knows how trubisky will impact Cohen. Much of it will still depend on Fox. 

Dropping him would be stupid but starting him is a very high risk reward type situation..

This. If Cohen goes nuts as Trubisky's safety valve and scores 20+ points. If Cohen gets little run (<=10 touches, ~35 total yards) as Trubisky tries to show off his arm throwing deep, I won't be surprised. 

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Cohen is perfectly on topic because he factors into the bet between psygolf and myself. In the future, mind your own business. 

This forum is public.  Send a PM if you want a private conversation about a bet.  

3 hours ago, joshua18 said:

As long as Fox is coach Cunningham is healthy, his usage is going to be frustrating. 

55 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Good points. I just don't trust Fox. 

53 minutes ago, degendynamo said:

I don't trust him neither. I may put Corey Clement out there instead of Tarik or Howard for that reason.

But Cohen's talent is undeniable, and I'm sure Fox has heard grumblings around the organization that he needs to start using his talent ASAP.

I doubt the move to go to Trubisky was a "100% Fox decision." 

How is Tarik not being used? 

Cunningham's have been:

0,Inactive,3,5

Cunningham has little to do with Cohen's workload.  Cohen is getting about what you'd expect for an undersized change of pace back.  For example consider Christian McCaffrey's targets and touches:

22 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

How is Tarik not being used? 

Cunningham's have been:

0,Inactive,3,5

I should have said "Cohen isn't being used enough." or "Cohen is being underused."

10 touches isn't enough for Cohen. 12 isn't enough for McCaffrey.

Also, I think Cohen is built to handle a more traditional "RB" load than McCaffrey.

Cohen is Mighty Mouse. Give him an inch and he gets you 10 yards. I mean seriously, check his ypc.

4 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

I think Trubisky's ability to move in the pocket and evade the rush could lead to more big plays for Cohen in the passing game.

Just now, Iron-cock said:

I think Trubisky's ability to move in the pocket and evade the rush could lead to more big plays for Cohen in the passing game.

That's possible but it could also lead to more volatility in his production. I'd rather get 10 targets a game than one big play every three weeks. 

Again, I have zero idea how this will impact him. 

4 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

Cunningham has little to do with Cohen's workload.

yeah thou' I walk through the valley of death I shall fear no evil

He's definitely a risk, but at least he's shown ability this season. For instance, my other option is Joe Mixon who hasn't done a thing. 

Impossible to know what difference Trubisky will make, but he's still a guy who can explode for long plays, regardless of QB. All I want and expect is 10 points in .5PPR. 

21 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

Cunningham has little to do with Cohen's workload.  Cohen is getting about what you'd expect for an undersized change of pace back. 

I disagree.  Cunningham basically took away 5 touches that could've gone to Tarik.  And Tarik with 5 touches can mean alot.

Benny is not taking away Howards touches, he's taking away Tariks.

If this trend continues, he might not be startable.

Trend? Based on one game? I'd prefer to call it "failed experiment".

I think Fox wanted to hedge his bets, which is fair. I'm also quite sure they had some big internal discussions about it, and I'd be very surprised to see Cunningham get 10 or 15 touches.

The much bigger cause of worry is that I have no idea how they will play Trubisky. - Make him a boring game manager with a big focus on the running game and loads of hand-offs? In that case the emphasis may be on Howard/Cunningham.

- Make him dink and dunk a lot? That would be great for Cohen in PPR, but not necessarily in standard.

I can think of a couple more scenarios and we'll have to see how it plays out. This to my mind is a much bigger threat to Cohen than Cunningham by himself. To me he is still very startable and if that changes, I don't see Cunningham triggering that but rather the general mess at Chicago.

So, one thing I noticed about Trubisky during the preseason was that he was pretty good at moving around the pocket, and very willing to throw on the run - he looked good doing it too. He dumped off to Langford and Benny a good amount of times, and obviously, Fox is letting the rookie in slowly by having intermediate routes for him. He excelled in intermediate throws in college, and he was pretty good against pre-season squads. He also wasn't scared to throw more than 20 yards, like Glennon seems to be, and I think it'll help fend off some pressure for Cohen and Howard. 

If Trubisky can continue the style he played with during the pre-season, Cohen should benefit a ton. I just hope he doesn't go Smokin' Jay on us and start bombing it to his non-existent WRs.

Smokin' Jay would be wingin' it down field to Tarik in double coverage to try and get it in his playmaker's  hands.  Of course 2 or 3 would get picked off but it would glorious to watch when they clicked.

24 minutes ago, newyorkspankees said:

Are people still confidently rolling out Cohen tomorrow?

I'm better off than most: everyone on my bench except my backup QB is on bye so I have no choice but to play him. I can't lose.

I can't imagine anyone is playing him "confidently" - don't think it's possible.

Im still debating between him and alex collins but i have howard too and i just dont know if i wanna start both bears rb (and yes already made a bonehead move and didnt play doug martin)

50 minutes ago, newyorkspankees said:

Are people still confidently rolling out Cohen tomorrow?

I'm rolling him out Monday!

but with zero confidence... after watching him get a snap like every half hour was maddening... but then again I keep putting myself thru it since I only have Rawls and Collins 

My gut is telling me to start him in the flex, but my head is telling me otherwise. I am going to watch him go ham this weekend on my bench :(