TX Babe Ruth

Marvin Jones 2017 Outlook

3 minutes ago, jccouger said:

I'm worried about Stafford's hand. 

Definitely something to keep an eye on. Fortunately it's not broken. 

Edited by Joelioli

14 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Playing him no matter what this week.

Due to no better options?  Or blind faith at the qb position?  Jake Rudock?

18 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Anybody benching if Stafford doesn't play?  Sounds like his hand is pretty jacked up.

If Stafford doesn't play, then yes I'll consider benching (for Goodwin).  I don't know much about the backup situation but it usually doesn't bode well for the top WR's when a new QB gets involved.  Will have to research the situation.

He's a bench if Stafford doesn't play. You never know what chemistry is like with WRs & QBs. Don't forget how awful Osweiler made Hopkins look last year. 

• Like 1

I sat him on Thanksgiving and have started him since.  Not exactly the wr1 set it and forget it people were praising him to be after that game.  Play him over a dude like Flash from here on out?  I guess he's due.

22 hours ago, Tugginroot said:

I sat him on Thanksgiving and have started him since.  Not exactly the wr1 set it and forget it people were praising him to be after that game.  Play him over a dude like Flash from here on out?  I guess he's due.

Have the same problem....not sure who to flex. 

Yeah, let's see what Stafford's status is first....tough decision. I need to get to the championship and have decent WR options. Cooks, Gordon, Jordy, Marvin, Watkins

Edited by Members_Only_76

18 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Yeah, let's see what Stafford's status is first....tough decision. I need to get to the championship and have decent WR options. Cooks, Gordon, Jordy, Marvin, Watkins

I don't think Marvin's pedestrian game last week was in Stafford so much, he only had 4 targets, and seemed like Tate had the much better game.  I believe Stafford's completion rate was pretty high, and threw over 40 times for 300 yards.

6 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

I don't think Marvin's pedestrian game last week was in Stafford so much, he only had 4 targets, and seemed like Tate had the much better game.  I believe Stafford's completion rate was pretty high, and threw over 40 times for 300 yards.

Tate and Ebron seemed to get the majority of targets last week so that's a little concerning. Hopefully it was due to the matchup only.

5 minutes ago, whatisfootball said:

Tate and Ebron seemed to get the majority of targets last week so that's a little concerning. Hopefully it was due to the matchup only.

I hope that was the case, but people in here seemed to think he was match-up proof, hence the "start him no matter what" talk after the Xavier Rhodes game.  So I'm not sure what to think of this dude.  It's like he's either in the game plan for the offense certain weeks, then he's not other weeks.

11 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

I hope that was the case, but people in here seemed to think he was match-up proof, hence the "start him no matter what" talk after the Xavier Rhodes game.  So I'm not sure what to think of this dude.  It's like he's either in the game plan for the offense certain weeks, then he's not other weeks.

Thing is on paper TB was a great matchup for him so his usage was a little confusing. Maybe stafford's hand injury is affecting his deep ball so he's settling more for the underneath routes? I'm just speculating here.

• Like 1

Bears have yielded 75+ yards and/or TD in six of last seven vs opponents #1 WR.  Start with confidence!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mjb said:

Bears have yielded 75+ yards and/or TD in six of last seven vs opponents #1 WR.  Start with confidence!

He's technically not their #1?

1 hour ago, Tugginroot said:

He's technically not their #1?

his lead in yards and double tates tds would argue, but you are right  this has always looked more like a 1A 1B situation

Jones -  51 catches 885 yards 8 tds

Tate -  79 catches 852 yards 4 tds

Jones has looked like their WR1 more than tate this year tho if you ask me 

• Like 3

Asked this question in the Tate forum, are we thinking this is a Tate game, Jones game, or both?

Does it sound like Stafford's hand improved? I'm hoping that was the reason for less deep targets last week.  Stafford practiced in full to close out the week. 

1 hour ago, Joelioli said:

Asked this question in the Tate forum, are we thinking this is a Tate game, Jones game, or both?

Does it sound like Stafford's hand improved? I'm hoping that was the reason for less deep targets last week.  Stafford practiced in full to close out the week. 

Both should get theirs, but favor Jones for a TD/s.

Marvin Jones is a beast.  Big time playmaker!

• Like 1

Double digit PPR points even without scoring a TD isn't a bad floor.  But definitely not the ceiling you were hoping for this week. 

Edited by phatrat
CSB removed

Would've been better off with Demaryius, yeah, his floor is nice, but we're not aiming for floor at this point.  People still think he's a wr1?

Edited by Tugginroot

The emergence of Eric ebron has hurt both Jones and Tate considerably. 

I benched Tate this week and played Jones, might do the same this week...