kmoore1521

Markelle Fultz 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

 

Shawn Marion says hey.

 

 

 

Shawn Marion was also a top 5 fantasy players for multiple years, may even hold the record for how often he's been in the top....people either forgot that or never realized that 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thusanaysayer said:

 

Shawn Marion was also a top 5 fantasy players for multiple years, may even hold the record for how often he's been in the top....people either forgot that or never realized that 

 

No, I remember.  He and AK47 were fantasy studs. The point I was trying to get across is that there appears to be some similarity in their shot mechanics.  

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been stashing him on IR all season. Guess it's time to say goodbye.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brett Brown says he's old, and he's never seen anything like this .. (referring to Fultz missing jumpshot)

 

Why haven't we heard directly from Fultz yet what happened to his friggin shot? If he was really injured wouldn't he have said something? And also, if you're injured and you recover, shouldn't you revert back to the way you were shooting your whole life?

 

Biggest mystery ever

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy may go down in history as the most mysterious bust of all time. Either there is something wrong with his shoulder and he needs to change that shot, or he made the worse decision ever in his career before it even started.

 

It is already hard enough to find a role for him on this team... now he doesn't have range

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not a mystery. It is real simple. I have said it on here before.

 

He has the Yips. It is a mental issue.

 

This is why the shot remains broken. This is why it will continue to remain broken until he resolves it. And honestly he may never resolve it. Some athletes do and some don’t.

 

This happens more to baseball players and golfers, but Fultz has the Yips. I believe the Sixers know but aren’t saying it publicly, which is doing Fultz a disservice.

 

If you have never heard of the yips before, read these below:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mlb.com/47124896-the-yips-difficult-to-understand-difficult-to-cure.amp.html

 

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/01/11/10-athletes-who-got-yips-and-how-their-careers-worked-out

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XOrad10 said:

 

When was the last time the #1 pick in the NBA draft didn't "feel whole enough" to play the game? :mellow:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/01/2018 at 4:42 PM, Kaboom said:

When was the last time the #1 pick in the NBA draft didn't "feel whole enough" to play the game? :mellow:

Bennet should have felt too fat to ever play the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Bennet should have felt too fat to ever play the game.

LOL. At least good ol' Anthony Bennett was inside the top 400 his rookie year. Fultz is literally the lowest ranked player in the entire NBA (per game and total):

 

NDDx5bU.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2018 at 9:48 AM, Tekno Team 2000 said:

This is not a mystery. It is real simple. I have said it on here before.

 

He has the Yips. It is a mental issue.

 

This is why the shot remains broken. This is why it will continue to remain broken until he resolves it. And honestly he may never resolve it. Some athletes do and some don’t.

 

This happens more to baseball players and golfers, but Fultz has the Yips. I believe the Sixers know but aren’t saying it publicly, which is doing Fultz a disservice.

 

If you have never heard of the yips before, read these below:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mlb.com/47124896-the-yips-difficult-to-understand-difficult-to-cure.amp.html

 

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/01/11/10-athletes-who-got-yips-and-how-their-careers-worked-out

 

 

If it really is the yips its sad all this media attention mocking him, and already calling him a bust. While Tatum, Mitchell, and others are playing so well can only add to the pressure for this kid. This must be worse than when Maverick lost Goose in Top Gun and couldn't take the shot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If after months' rehabilitation still no improvement, then it's more likely a mental thing. This also explain why 76ers still played him while he looks "injured" in the early season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018/1/19 at 6:32 AM, brosephd said:

still see a pause and hitch in his ft% shooting. not sure how his real shooting stroke is

His original shooting form:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, XOrad10 said:

 

"When Fultz returns". LOL

 

So that would be when he "feels whole"?

 

This is the most bizarre situation in the history of #1 draft picks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was at a couple of his games back when he was playing at UW. Kid had a pretty decent shooting motion. Crazy how this mystery shoulder injury and him having the yips has completely destroyed all his hard work. Hoping he regains his confidence soon!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.