Sign in to follow this  
miasma16

Chris Paul 2017-18 Season Outlook

7 hours ago, thezing1 said:

Do you honestly think CP3 is just going to start playing and the Rockets won't miss a beat or go through any inconsistencies integrating a huge new piece? Rotations will be altered. CP3's role will need to be defined throughout all game situations (with Harden, w/o Harden, late in games, etc). All teams go through this. Look at the Thunder, Cavs, or any other team with significant changes to the high end pieces of their roster. The Rockets could roll to a top 4 seed like they did last year without CP3 but they would still be capped as a team. They knew they had limitations with that roster. They signed CP3 to lift their upside. If you think they care about losing some games in November integrating CP3 then why did they sign him? There will be zero trouble and if I had to guess they will lose games coming up. 

i think you missed my point. i wasn't talking about if they lose a couple games..i'm saying if the cp3 experiment doesn't work and the chemistry won't be the same in the long run..which is very possible with 2 ball dominant guards ala cp3 and harden. 

10 hours ago, Hunter Cat said:

i think you missed my point. i wasn't talking about if they lose a couple games..i'm saying if the cp3 experiment doesn't work and the chemistry won't be the same in the long run..which is very possible with 2 ball dominant guards ala cp3 and harden. 

I got you. I think CP3 is at a different point in his career. Dude just wants to win. He is a HOF already. There is so much pace and usage that he will get his. Everyone will be happy because they will figure it out and win a lot of games. 

His Ros outlook is a true mystery to me.

I have been offered Paul and J-Rich for Gobert in my Dynasty Roto from a rebuilding owner who knows I'm a PG needy contender and I don't know what to make of this offer.

I feel like the Rockets will be so cautious with him that his value will be altered.... plus I wonder what playing with Harden will do to his stats. If you add up age, health... I dunno.

Let's not forget he played one game that most say was pretty meh (I watched it , it certainly wasn't vintage CP3 ) and he still wasn't that far off a triple Double 

They'll work it out and he'll get his 

Mike D'Antoni said he expects Chris Paul (knee) to start on Thursday against the Suns.

D'Antoni added that he'll likely have CP3 on a 20-minute limit, but barring a setback, it looks as though Paul will be back in action on Thanksgiving with Eric Gordon heading back to the second unit. Paul didn't play all that well in his lone game this season, and there are some concerns about how he'll be able to mesh with James Harden, but the two guards are simply too talented to not figure this thing out.

Thursday is Thanksgiving????????? Oh crap! 
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well if he’s not back Thursday, he’ll definitely be back this Saturday, Christmas Day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

Well if he’s not back Thursday, he’ll definitely be back this Saturday, Christmas Day. 

LOL!!!!!! These Rotoworld writers have tried to convince me of many things in the past..but trying to convince me that this Thursday is Thanksgiving is a whole new level!

5 hours ago, MNDOGG said:

LOL!!!!!! These Rotoworld writers have tried to convince me of many things in the past..but trying to convince me that this Thursday is Thanksgiving is a whole new level!

Your Thursdays my friday anyway so lets not even get started on date confusion

Just traded for him and can't wait for tonight!

Season prediction:

18/10/4/ 2 steals .5 blocks 2 3s a game all on 47% shooting.

Truth: No one knows how he'll mesh but you're not looking at this thread for that negative answer... the above is what I'm expecting and anything short of that I'll be bummed. Best of luck to his other owners.

1 hour ago, greatestmetfan said:

Just traded for him and can't wait for tonight!

Season prediction:

18/10/4/ 2 steals .5 blocks 2 3s a game all on 47% shooting.

Truth: No one knows how he'll mesh but you're not looking at this thread for that negative answer... the above is what I'm expecting and anything short of that I'll be bummed. Best of luck to his other owners.

Keep the bigger picture in mind though.. hes playing for the second highest rated offense in the NBA... for a head coach who turns PGs into MVPS..

Ill take my chances!!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HarmStrong said:

As someone who traded Collison for CP3 in the first week, I gotta say tenor.gif?itemid=4128770

So veto worthy :huh:

• Like 6

You're scum if you veto a trade because you think it gives another team some kind of perceived advantage. Vetoing should only be used against cheating.

Somebody was impressed with Collison and bummed about CP3's first game on a new team and his injury. This person wanted instant production that CP3 couldn't give. As a good owner, I took advantage of the situation. Who are you to tell either of us who we should have on our team?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HarmStrong said:

You're scum if you veto a trade because you think it gives another team some kind of perceived advantage. Vetoing should only be used against cheating.

Somebody was impressed with Collison and bummed about CP3's first game on a new team and his injury. This person wanted instant production that CP3 couldn't give. As a good owner, I took advantage of the situation. Who are you to tell either of us who we should have on our team?

The veto of trades does suck, but please stop trying to justify that trade. Some people have zero business playing fantasy sports.

Veto can be used if the trade is very lopsided in the view of other owners. Sometimes, an owner involved in a trade is not able make an accurate assessment of the market value of his players, and enters into a bad trade. It happens. That's why other owners have the ability to veto if they assess (on a partial majority basis) that a trade is unfair or not, regardless if the owners involved in the trade "think" that they are entering a "fair" exchange. Simply put, owner/s involved in a trade themselves failed to properly assess the market value of the players involved in the trade. Two owners cannot force other owners not to veto; if so many other owners vote veto, then there is no choice but to cancel the trade (and it is difficult to obtain a number of veto votes unless a trade is really perceived by other owners as unfair/vetoable).

However, if the trade is just a bit in the advantage of one owner, but happened because of reasons such as "need other positions/stats" (and not a pure upgrade on the same position filling the same categories), then there will be less or no reasons for other owners to veto. Even if 1 or 2 owners veto for selfish reasons, if the number of vetoes doesnt reach the needed number, the trade can push through.

16 minutes ago, HarmStrong said:

Bro, relax. You're calling me scum for expressing an opinion on fantasy sports? I find that hilarious :lol:

In every league I'VE participated in (emphasis on my personal experience), vetoes are used to reject unconscionable trades that would imbalance the enjoyability of the league and impair competitiveness.

Just because you're both grown adults who made a decision doesn't make it less veto-worthy. You can justify it all you want, why should I care? It's YOUR league. 

You calling me scum is laughable though. Check yourself.

5 minutes ago, koti said:

Veto can be used if the trade is very lopsided in the view of other owners. Sometimes, an owner involved in a trade is not able make an accurate assessment of the market value of his players, and enters into a bad trade. It happens. That's why other owners have the ability to veto if they assess (on a partial majority basis) that a trade is unfair or not, regardless if the owners involved in the trade "think" that they are entering a "fair" exchange. Simply put, owner/s involved in a trade themselves failed to properly assess the market value of the players involved in the trade. Two owners cannot force other owners not to veto; if so many other owners vote veto, then there is no choice but to cancel the trade (and it is difficult to obtain a number of veto votes unless a trade is really perceived by other owners as unfair/vetoable).

However, if the trade is just a bit in the advantage of one owner, but happened because of reasons such as "need other positions/stats" (and not a pure upgrade on the same position filling the same categories), then there will be less or no reasons for other owners to veto. Even if 1 or 2 owners veto for selfish reasons, if the number of vetoes doesnt reach the needed number, the trade can push through.

Veto votes happen all the time based on strategy also. Other owners may veto and then attempt to then trade for the value player in the trade. 

Why not tell owners who they can drop and pick up from the waiver wire too?

Not calling someone specifically scum. I am, however, calling anyone a scumbag who tries to impose their values on other teams and not allowing them to make decisions for themselves.

Again, if it's obvious cheating, by all means go ahead and veto. Otherwise, step aside and let adults handle their business. You worry about your team.

Ure a retard if u think cp3 for collison is not veto worthy LOL...u must be new to fantasy.  The guy could get any other PG other than collison...why would you think that trade is fair in any case possible 

ur league is s---

• Like 1

Guys I traded courtney lee for cp. Did I won? Rofl..some guys are just good trolls. Wanna see how his game gonna blend. Think harden will play off the ball or the other way around?

• Like 1