Beakman

July Closer Thread 2017

Recommended Posts

Johnson imploded just now. But on the bright side I actually need a win more than a save currently lol. But seriously, that was really bad.

 

nevermind, just replaced. There goes my chance for a win lol

Edited by HaloFanatic17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Familia is getting scooped up in Yahoo, the opportunity to get a closer for free for the stretch run is running out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Familia is getting scooped up in Yahoo, the opportunity to get a closer for free for the stretch run is running out

 

A LOT of injured are expected to come back soon after the ASB meaning plenty of new open DL slots.  I think an August 1st return might be optimistic for Familia but still the more I read the more it looks like a return this year is happening barring a setback (which is clearly possible given its the mets).  Still he was a stud closer last year and is well worth a look if you're getting an open DL slot this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

 

A LOT of injured are expected to come back soon after the ASB meaning plenty of new open DL slots.  I think an August 1st return might be optimistic for Familia but still the more I read the more it looks like a return this year is happening barring a setback (which is clearly possible given its the mets).  Still he was a stud closer last year and is well worth a look if you're getting an open DL slot this week.

Castro,  Davis,  etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Castro,  Davis,  etc 

 

Conforto/McCarthy are back today.  Nunez, Hendricks, Holliday, Salazar (if for some reason you still own Salazar).  Even Bumgarner and Trout look like they're getting close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Johnson imploded just now. But on the bright side I actually need a win more than a save currently lol. But seriously, that was really bad.

 

nevermind, just replaced. There goes my chance for a win lol

Haha I own Rodney and Johnson - suffered back to back epic implosions.  Jim Johnson job should be secure for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

Haha I own Rodney and Johnson - suffered back to back epic implosions.  Jim Johnson job should be secure for now.

 

Plus the most likely candidate to replace him, Vizcaino, is on the DL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Like Rodney, it seems Johnson always has a ton of leash. I don't think this is a "dreaded vote of confidence." And yeah, Viz on the DL helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Braves fans have nicknamed  Snitker "Game 7" because he uses his bullpen like every game is game 7.

 

theres no real threat to Johnson now.  AJ Minter has moved up like 4 levels in less than a month.  Will probably be in Atlanta right after the asb.  He has closer stuff, but injury prone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no way they remove Reed from the closers role when familia returns this season. Reed has been lights out and 100 times better then familia this season. The chance he has is if Reed gets traded. 

Edited by radioflyer9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, radioflyer9 said:

There's no way they remove Reed from the closers role when familia returns this season. Reed has been lights out and 100 times better then familia this season. The chance he has is if Reed gets traded. 

 

He's almost certainly going to be traded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, radioflyer9 said:

There's no way they remove Reed from the closers role when familia returns this season. Reed has been lights out and 100 times better then familia this season. The chance he has is if Reed gets traded. 

The Mets will have nothing to play for come August 1, chances are they will either trade Reed, or Familia gets the role cause they again have nothing to play for 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started Suter, started Knebel, and he blows up my whole pitching day...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least Chapman got a cheap win, but damn not cool 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Freaking Knebel

Dammit!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So chances of Reed getting traded seem to be high correct? What about Justin Wilson? Would love to see him go to the Nats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Freaking Knebel

Pretty much.  Hopefully anyone else that pitches today can correct it, but he's been a mess since I traded for him.  I figured I was getting another really good closer to go with Jansen,  but he literally can't find the plate since I got him.

 

May or may not be overreacting, but I may send him packing in another trade and try again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Who here watched Chapman?  Did he look better?

Facing Broxton sure helps every pitcher lol.  He looked good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Who here watched Chapman?  Did he look better?

 

He and Betances looked a lot better, like themselves.  Hope it stays that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be a good test for Colome today. Tampa currently up 1-0 in the top of the 8th, shaping up to face the middle of the Red Sox order in the 9th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Could be a good test for Colome today. Tampa currently up 1-0 in the top of the 8th, shaping up to face the middle of the Red Sox order in the 9th. 

 

Colome made that look easy...not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.