Beakman

July Closer Thread 2017

4 minutes ago, goldbaby11 said:

Colome made that look easy...not

Can't beat a good Colome save adventure!

God the Cardinals defense is so bad. I haven't seen a single defensive gem in the 9th all season. Get some better sunglasses out there guys. 

1 minute ago, lipitorkid said:

God the Cardinals defense is so bad. I haven't seen a single defensive gem in the 9th all season. Get some better sunglasses out there guys. 

Oh gets the 2 men on, save. Good work buddy. 

10 hours ago, urban2014 said:

Familia is getting scooped up in Yahoo, the opportunity to get a closer for free for the stretch run is running out

IN what leagues was Familia not stashed away?  Pick him up for free?  Yeah, sure, in your dreams.

2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

IN what leagues was Familia not stashed away?  Pick him up for free?  Yeah, sure, in your dreams.

He was dropped in 2 of my 3 leagues (12 team leagues). Unless you play in leagues with huge DLs I don't see how you play through all the injuries this year and stash a mid level closer that was quite possibly out all year with major surgery. 

8 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Out of 11 Yahoo leagues in 7, he is just sitting on the wire. 2 of the leagues where he is still rostered one is a dynasty and the other is a keep 25

9 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I dropped him in my most competitive league for closers and just grabbed him back yesterday.  DL slots are at a premium, bud -- I can understand why nobody wanted to use a slot for him after how awful he was and how bad his prognosis was.

20 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

With the new 10 day DL rule and so many high priority players going on the DL, it is hard to stash guys like Familia unless you have a plethora of DL slots. He was FA in half of my leagues, the half he was available only had 2 DL slots per team.

3 minutes ago, Ragnaroker said:

With the new 10 day DL rule and so many high priority players going on the DL, it is hard to stash guys like Familia unless you have a plethora of DL slots. He was FA in half of my leagues, the half he was available only had 2 DL slots per team.

Why only two?  Yahoo allows 5 DL slots in any non-public league.  You must get your commish to change the settings next year.  Because like you say there are tons more players being DL'ed because of the change to the 10 days. 

No way can you play fantasy baseball anymore with just two DL slots.  Yahoo should raise the number to 10 quite frankly since they raised the NA slots to that late this spring right before opening day.  Because there is no reason why DL slots should be limited.  They aren't in real baseball after all.  MLB teams aren't forced to play with anything but a full roster.  In my leagues there is always overflow DL players clogging up the active roster bench on almost every single team.

30 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

seriously??....lol

14 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Why only two?  Yahoo allows 5 DL slots in any non-public league.  You must get your commish to change the settings next year.  Because like you say there are tons more players being DL'ed because of the change to the 10 days. 

I agree with you about 2 DL slots being insufficient, but league-shaming is a bad look.  People play in different formats, for a variety of different reasons.   The 10 day DL is new this year, and a lot of people didn't want to add slots mid-season because it doesn't benefit everyone evenly.  And 2 DL slots is the default for free public leagues on several providers.

35 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

No way can you play fantasy baseball anymore with just two DL slots.  Yahoo should raise the number to 10 quite frankly since they raised the NA slots to that late this spring right before opening day.  Because there is no reason why DL slots should be limited.  They aren't in real baseball after all.  MLB teams aren't forced to play with anything but a full roster.  In my leagues there is always overflow DL players clogging up the active roster bench on almost every single team.

So long as everyone has the same amount, I don't think it matters much. I'd venture to guess the vast majority of leagues have one and maybe two. 

Anything that makes the waiver wire more interesting is a good thing to me. So I don't mind the 10 day DL at all. 

Edited by Fiveohnine

18 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

The things we talk about when nothing is happening 

Yeah, really.   Can someone blow a save already?

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

They were 2 going into the season because 2 was acceptable in many league formats prior to 10 day DL rules. We are changing them for future years, we don't change rules mid-season.

17 minutes ago, Ragnaroker said:

They were 2 going into the season because 2 was acceptable in many league formats prior to 10 day DL rules. We are changing them for future years, we don't change rules mid-season.

That's why I said next year in my post.  No one can change settings like this mid-year even if they wanted to.  Glad your league will be changing it next year.

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

That's why I said next year in my post.  No one can change settings like this mid-year even if they wanted to.  Glad your league will be changing it next year.

I have 5 DL slots and its still not enough.

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Lol....ok guy whatever you say!

16 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

I have 5 DL slots and its still not enough.

Why not just make it 20DL spots per team?  that way you can stash every good player who is hurt and show everybody how smart you are at fantasy baseball.  you people are ridiculous, 2 DL spots is plenty

4 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Out of 11 Yahoo leagues in 7, he is just sitting on the wire. 2 of the leagues where he is still rostered one is a dynasty and the other is a keep 25

Out of my 12 12-man leagues he's available in 8...not everyone has the luxury of stashing 30 DL players....

32 minutes ago, Hangry Bird said:

Why not just make it 20DL spots per team?  that way you can stash every good player who is hurt and show everybody how smart you are at fantasy baseball.  you people are ridiculous, 2 DL spots is plenty

Why so angry? Teams shouldn't be penalized by injuries to star players, especially in keeper leagues where dropping players is a lot tougher to do than in re-draft.

Edited by duke of queens

Who is closing for Texas?   Kela DL and Bush just pitched the 7th

I've been able to survive with 2 DL spots in all my leagues.   I've requested upping it to 3 next year.  I think 3 is perfectly fine.  I wouldn't allow more than 4