Beakman

July Closer Thread 2017

Nice bounce back from Colome these past couple of games (even if yesterday was a struggle). Seems he's back on sold ground in terms of job security. 

Knebel came alive in the 9th after a sticky 8th spot and start to the 9th. Commentators were discussing his curve, seems to have been giving him fits up until he put up a beauty against Judge, ended up K'n him with the high heat and then cameback on Didi for the K and then K's Sanchez....solid.

Knebel is a heart attack waiting to happen. Sheesh

Knebel gets some help from the home plate umpire but gets out of it. 

1 minute ago, urban2014 said:

It's almost like you just look at the box scores. 

1 minute ago, disasterisk said:

It's almost like you just look at the box scores. 

I was watching the game My ERA and Whip are beyond close 

Edited by urban2014

1 minute ago, absknicks said:

Knebel gets some help from the home plate umpire but gets out of it. 

lol, the ump gave him no love against Choi or Gardner

Just now, arthurpete said:

lol, the ump gave him no love against Choi or Gardner

The one to Gardner was a strike, I'll give you that, but he was giving him a couple inches off the plate consistently. The strike three to Sanchez was well off the plate, and strike one to Judge was well low. It wasn't just for Knebel, though, Vanover was bad behind the plate all day. 

Just now, My Dinner With Andre said:

I feel sorry for you Knebel owners. That 1.70 ERA, 1.18 WHIP, and 15.9 K/9 must be rough.

The last 2 days have been though

8 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

2 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

The last 2 days have been though

over-reacting?

I wish I owned Evil Knebel in every league

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

over-reacting?

I wish I owned Evil Knebel in every league

Definitely, but the walks are a concern 

I know not all are dumpster diving like me, but Oliver Perez came in with a 5 run lead, promptly gave up a double, and Dusty immediately went to Albers to finish the game. Romero had pitched the 8th. 

Based on usage I'm pretty certain it's Albers. At least until they trade for someone.

So I think I'm dropping Brach.  With a few innings under Britton's belt and the ASB coming up I think the ride is over. 

Buster Olney on espn says teams lining up to get Justin Wilson from Tigers.  Is there a good stash here?

1 minute ago, Cmilne23 said:

Buster Olney on espn says teams lining up to get Justin Wilson from Tigers.  Is there a good stash here?

Closermonkey says Rondon but I don't see that at all. Greene/A. Wilson would be the stash but it's a guessing game between the two, IMO. 

1 minute ago, absknicks said:

Closermonkey says Rondon but I don't see that at all. Greene/A. Wilson would be the stash but it's a guessing game between the two, IMO. 

Ugh Rondon is just awful.  Alex Wilson gone to crap as well with just atrocious K rates.  Greene is solid and has a live arm.  Always thought he could be a nice reliever.

From CBS:

(5 hrs ago) Melancon (elbow) will begin throwing after the All-Star break, Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports.

Melancon was placed on the disabled list June 28 with an elbow strain and received a PRP injection shortly thereafter. The Giants -- who currently hold the second-worst record in the N.L. -- are far from contention and will not rush their closer back into action. He remains without a firm timetable for return but it's good to see that he'll soon be able to resume throwing again.

Barraclough shelled today. Is Phelps the favorite to take over if/when Ramos gets traded ?

6 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

Barraclough shelled today. Is Phelps the favorite to take over if/when Ramos gets traded ?

I bet Phelps is dealt.  He's a nice asset for playoff contenders out of a bullpen.  Think I saw today Yanks inquired on him.  

Is Lorenzen the no doubt stash in Cinci?  I could see a team getting desperate and overpaying for Igelsias who is probably closet thing to a Chapman/Miller impact reliever.  A ton of club control.  Nats would likely have to give up a top 2 prospect in system.  Is it worth it?