Beakman

July Closer Thread 2017

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

If the Padres want a top 50 prospect for Hand, he's probably staying put

 

a year and a half for a cheaply controlled Hand is at least worth a top 50

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

Yeah the 10 walks aren't great but the rest of his numbers are really good. ERA of 2.04, FIP of 2.62, xFIP of 2.94, GB% of nearly 40% and HR/9 of .51. Those are all really good numbers. Granted it's still AAA and he did poorly in his first cup of tea this year but he has better stuff than everyone else in that bullpen right now. 

ok. But 10 walks in 19 innings suggests command issues. And command issues are among the biggest reasons why guys come up and get destroyed by major league hitters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, goldbaby11 said:

I wonder who is next in line for saves in Detroit.

 

Just call the front office and ask them, that's what I do.  Screw this thread, go right to the source

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be like the Tigers to resign Frankie to a three year deal worth 45 mil. What the hell. Add another bad contract

Edited by motown magic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, thefamily79 said:

Maybe because with Oh, allowing runs is the expectation 

 

Rosenthal time? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Ardolis Chapman broken?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cmilne23 said:

Is Ardolis Chapman broken?

 

Smh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ardolis Chapman with a 1.40 whip and 4.35 era.  Panic or hold?   Been pretty dreadful ever since Cubs massacre.  Still hurt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Ardolis Chapman with a 1.40 whip and 4.35 era.  Panic or hold?   Been pretty dreadful ever since Cubs massacre.  Still hurt?

 

Something isn't right.  He hasn't been walking guys, which is good, but he's been way too hittable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pollock almost deposits a 78mph hanger by Jim Johnson over the center field wall but was bailed out by Infante.  He holds on for the save

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Ardolis Chapman with a 1.40 whip and 4.35 era.  Panic or hold?   Been pretty dreadful ever since Cubs massacre.  Still hurt?

 

 

Panic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stutin said:

Bush pitched the 8th. Kela time? 

 

Kela is still dead, but that's sure what it looks like once he's activated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alex Claudio nails down the Rangers save, presumably because two of the first three batters in the inning were lefties.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Pollock almost deposits a 78mph hanger by Jim Johnson over the center field wall but was bailed out by Infante.  He holds on for the save

that was not going to be a HR. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cdd10 said:

that was not going to be a HR. lol

 

Was certainly going to be a leadoff double.  With pollock probably a triple 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

 

Was certainly going to be a leadoff double.  With pollock probably a triple 

i did misread you said almost, i apologize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sun Tzu said:

Alex Claudio nails down the Rangers save, presumably because two of the first three batters in the inning were lefties.  

Is he primarily a LOOGY?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are going to find out very soon that Chapman is injured and will need season ending surgery or something. He usually pitches about 102-103 mph and he was barely able to hit 99 today 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, b0nfire said:

We are going to find out very soon that Chapman is injured and will need season ending surgery or something. He usually pitches about 102-103 mph and he was barely able to hit 99 today 

 

as a betances owner, i would approve of this happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Something isn't right.  He hasn't been walking guys, which is good, but he's been way too hittable

Well even leaving out his intentional walk to Hanley he walked tonight none better then to Benintendi.  And hit Moreland with a 99 mph ball that was about a foot inside.  He didn't seem to have much control tonight at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.