Beakman

July Closer Thread 2017

apparently David Robertson is close to going to Boston (with Frazier).

I was thinking Kahnle was next, but he has not been as good lately as we was earlier in the season.

Edited by SpecialFNK

Rumor is that the Dodgers are after Rivero. 

I could see Rivero and McCutchen to the Dodgers for prospects.

1 hour ago, SpecialFNK said:

MUCH better? better yes, but I wouldn't say much better. he is still giving up too many base runners.

For all of your whining during that stretch about how otherworldly bad he was, I figured you'd agree with me. He was terrible during that SSS, a 1.13 WHIP is not "too many baserunners" no matter how you try to rationalize it.

1 hour ago, SpecialFNK said:

any closer that is giving up more base runners than IP is risky. a quality closer should not be putting that many runners on base.

This is a ridiculous post. 28 guys have 10+ saves this year. 7 have a sub-1.00 WHIP.

Are you suggesting that there are only 7 quality closers in the majors? Your posts about Colome were nonsensical a few weeks ago and they're even worse now. Bow out.

52 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

Kahnle over swarzak yes?

Nope. He might be going to the Yankees.

With this fire sale will the White Sox actually win another game lol, much more get a save 

Isn't Swarzak a trade candidate as well? Dare I ask who is next in line after him? Whatever happened to Putnam?

not sure how I feel about Robertson going to the Yankees but he might get more Hlds/sv as the Yankees 7th inning guy than he would closing for the Sox the rest of the season

Do they really have anything left to sell lol

9 minutes ago, herschel said:

so swarzak is next man up up after kahnle, correct?

Has to be. Beck is hot garbage

Surprised nobody mentioned this:

Edited by smeeze

1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Not so fast on Swarzak. Sounds like Clippard coming back in deal. Has "closer experience." 

lol...IF clippard is the only thing standing between swarzak and the closer gig, it will only be a matter of time before the gig is his

3 minutes ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

Which one of you guys are "Behind In The Count" in my Yahoo Pro League

what are you, a cop?

So Kahnle and Robertson appear to be gone. I have no idea who is the closer for the white sox logic says swarzak. but its really anyone's guess at this point/ 

Swarzer just pitched the 8th and wasn't any good 

He came in in the 7th to face turner with somebody on. Started the 8th and gave up 2 hits and got pulled

he has been very solid this year, low era and whip - the couple of hits he gave up tonight has zero effect on whether or not he will be the closer or not from here on out.