Beakman

July Closer Thread 2017

Doolittle owner here - would be surprised if Madson didn't get the next chance, that was brutal. They're gonna give Dusty a heart attack one of these days 

I've got the #1 waiver in my league with Madson on the wire. I think after Doolittle's performance I am going to go for Madson he's going to get the job.

Doolittle made it interesting. As a Madson owner, I'm still a STRONG hold.

Honestly wouldn't shock me if it's purely matchup based... which would probably mean more chances for Madson.

Also did anyone see the tweet today about Dusty not wanting to over work Doolittle because of his shoulder history? That's interesting since he kinda babied Kelley last year when he was in line to close

I've had both Madson and Doolittle on my team pretty much the whole year and still own them both right now. Madson has just seemed much more consistent all season long and looked better tonight. I'm rooting for him to take the job (and for Was to not trade for anybody else). Doolittle just seems a little rattled in pressure situations. 

2 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Madson hates closing

Exaactly and he has already said this himself. Doolittle will be the closer IMO. 

Treinen could easily be closing within a week for one reason or another. 

Really Cody Allen? Vs. the Giants? Jeez. Can I just get great Cody Allen for one month please? 

can anyone provide some clarity to the cardinals closers? I cant tell if its cecil or rosenthal based on this weeks news and blurbs and ownership changes, wtf is going on and is Oh droppable?

22 minutes ago, dod959 said:

Treinen could easily be closing within a week for one reason or another. 

Treinen couldn't close a door.

2 minutes ago, blackbeard said:

can anyone provide some clarity to the cardinals closers? I cant tell if its cecil or rosenthal based on this weeks news and blurbs and ownership changes, wtf is going on and is Oh droppable?

Still TBD officially but Rosenthal has the next chance and if he pitches well he could run with it. Numbers are better lately. 

i would hold Oh for now.

3 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Treinen couldn't close a door.

I tend to agree but he's hitting 100 nowadays. 

50 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Madson hates closing

Well then I can only imagine how many career saves he'd have if he -liked- it, considering he has much more saves than the rest of the Nats bullpen combined. 

54 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Still TBD officially but Rosenthal has the next chance and if he pitches well he could run with it. Numbers are better lately. 

i would hold Oh for now.

thx

any guesses to who Chisox closer is now after the trade?

nvrmind I backread a few pages

Edited by blackbeard

3 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Chad Bradford

His defect is that he throws funny. Nobody in the big leagues cares about him, because he looks funny. This guy could be not just the best pitcher in our bullpen, but one of the most effective relief pitchers in all of baseball. This guy should cost $3 million a year. We can get him for $237,000.

I love you

Edited by austinrbreeden

The Robertson trade is a huge disappointment. I've been rostering Kahnle for a few months now, thinking he was likely next in line if/when Robertson got moved. With Kahnle's numbers, he was only a closer's gig away from being a top fantasy reliever. I didn't expect Kahnle would be moved, not with him under team control through 2020. Worse yet, he's now buried in the Yankees pen with Chapman, Betances and Robertson. For anyone prospecting on Kahnle, the trade is a big pop in the balloon.

Edited by rdf8585

1 minute ago, rdf8585 said:

The Robertson trade is a huge disappointment. I've been rostering Kahnle for a few months now, thinking he was likely next in line if/when Robertson got moved. With Kahnle's numbers, he was only a closer's gig away from being a top fantasy reliever. I didn't expect was Kahnle would be moved, not with him under team control through 2020. Worse yet, he's now buried in the Yankees pen with Chapman, Betances and Robertson. For anyone prospecting on Kahnle, the trade is a big pop in the balloon.

No doubt. I hadn't even heard Kahnle's name mentioned as a potential trade candidate prior to last night. 

7 hours ago, pierceNKC said:

the only saving grace for madson owners - right now i think is that assuming they go in order in the 8th, the 3rd batter in the 9th would be harper. he bats left obviously, and doolittle completely dominates lefties.

dear god you are dazed and confused to say the least...lololol