Beakman

July Closer Thread 2017

5 minutes ago, herschel said:

Kimbrel in after long outing last night.  Hope his arm doesnt fall off....

2 up, 2 down, 2ks....

Dyson has been money for SF. I wish Melancon would just take the rest of the year off...

Madson in for the 8th...again

Prob dropping him for stash Yates or literally anybody who has a shot at getting saves

edit: just realized they're down 1-2. wtf is Dusty doing?

Edited by street sharks

26 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Prob dropping him for stash Yates or literally anybody who has a shot at getting saves

trying to hold them and win?  Just a guess though

49 minutes ago, street sharks said:

The bigger question is why do you pitch Doolittle when you are up by 6 when Albers was warmed up as well.  Dusty is clueless when it comes to managing a bullpen

Edited by PepperPot

casilla comes into the game in the 9th, up 2-0...gives up walk, 2-run BOMB, walk-off BOMB to lose 3-2.  both upper deck shots, not cheapies. he looks like he's toast, but they have no one else left after the trade with washington.  

Edited by swingbatter

2 minutes ago, PepperPot said:

The bigger question is why do you pitch Doolittle when you are up by 6 when Albers was warmed up as well.  Dusty is clueless when it comes to managing a bullpen

Why does Dusty keep thowing his good guys out there for no fn reason. Dude drives me crazy!

1 minute ago, TTRA1N said:

Why does Dusty keep thowing his good guys out there for no fn reason. Dude drives me crazy!

Image result for dusty baker gif

3 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

I have no idea.  But for those of you with Madson, if there is a save chance tomorrow...it will be Madson.  I can't understand pitching a guy with Doolittle's injury history in that situation, save the bullets for when it matters.  Albers has been pretty decent for them this year and it seems like the perfect spot to use him and save Doolittle for tomorrow if he is needed.  

Edited by PepperPot

I've had both Madson and Doolittle all year and I really wish Madson would take the job. He has just been the more consistent pitcher all season long. It just seems like he just doesn't want to close for whatever reason. 

2 minutes ago, PepperPot said:

I have no idea.  But for those of you with Madson, if there is a save chance tomorrow...it will be Madson.  I can't understand pitching a guy with Doolittle's injury history in that situation, save the bullets for when it matters.  Albers has been pretty decent for them this year and it seems like the perfect spot to use him and save Doolittle for tomorrow if he is needed.  

Honestly who knows with Dusty the fool. He might bring Doolittle in for 4 out save and throw even more pitches, or have Madson pitch the 9th when they're up 10 runs.

4 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

casilla comes into the game in the 9th, up 2-0...gives up walk, 2-run BOMB, walk-off BOMB to lose 3-2.  both upper deck shots, not cheapies. he looks like he's toast, but they have no one else left after the trade with washington.  

I picked up Treinen after he came over in an AL only. He's looked alright and seems to have Melvin's trust; pitched the 8th today. I'm more comfortable with him than trying to figure out who to speculate on in CHW. 

2 minutes ago, Lebanasty said:

I picked up Treinen after he came over in an AL only. He's looked alright and seems to have Melvin's trust; pitched the 8th today. I'm more comfortable with him than trying to figure out who to speculate on in CHW. 

I might drop Kela for Treinen. Casilla can't stick that much longer

6 minutes ago, street sharks said:

I might drop Kela for Treinen. Casilla can't stick that much longer

Debating making the same move.

Well, should have known with Bruce Rondon. Gives up 2 hits and a run. Then pkunks Moustakas. Benches clear. Rondon ejected. Oakland fanbase and media really going at Casilla. They have to make a change. Has blown 6 this year, and is shaky even when he does lock one down

Edited by crookedmacs

Bruce Rondon in while the Tigers are down 13-2. Gives up a run, gets ejected. He's a joke. 

Good luck guessing what Ausmus will do if Wilson is dealt.

1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Bruce Rondon in while the Tigers are down 13-2. Gives up a run, gets ejected. He's a joke. 

Shane Greene.  I guess I'm in the minority that I think it'll very likely be Greene.  He's been their highest leverage guy all year.... no one else in that pen is capable of consistently closing .

Rondon is and always has been an absolute joke.  

Just now, afgolfman666 said:

Shane Greene.  I guess I'm in the minority that I think it'll very likely be Greene.  He's been their highest leverage guy all year.... no one else in that pen is capable of consistently closing .

Agree. I said him first, then usage suggested Rondon. But really can't read anything based on usage. Ausmus sucks. Greene is clearly better.

Just now, afgolfman666 said:

Well, based on usage lately it did look like Rondon.  I don't want any part of that anymore though.  I'd change my bets to Greene now

5 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Not to mention he also sort of tossed an umpire aside trying to get to Moose once benches cleared.

Same old Rondon.