MONEY BALL

John Collins 2017-2018 Season Outlook

+23 off the bench so far (highest of any player in the game) and near double double with 9/10/2blk in 17mins.

Collins has excellent post ASB outlook.

One of my favorite 15th round picks that I can remember

as soon as someone drops him, i'm grabbing him! his stats aren't that great, but should get mins as season goes on...STL/BLKs!

Finished with 12/13/1/2blk in 23min. Played with Dedmon a few times too.

Amazing! 

3 hours ago, CFN said:

One of my favorite 15th round picks that I can remember

easily the best 14th round pick I've ever made lmao. Just wow

Got him off waivers after rage dropping Noel and couldn't be happier

• Haha 1

I draft him in my auction roto keeper league only $1B)

VqEe_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Too bad that he kills you in the efficiency cats. Poison for my punt points team. Any improvement expected in FG/FT/TO?

46 minutes ago, Zippi said:

Too bad that he kills you in the efficiency cats. Poison for my punt points team. Any improvement expected in FG/FT/TO?

Except he doesnt. just that last game was bad. He's been a net + in FG% and not bad for a big man at FT%. Def. not killer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zippi said:

Perfect backup C for my punt FG% team then :D 

So I'll admit I've never seen this guy play... Looking at the boxscores it looks like he's put up a few decent lines in limited minutes, but I am trying to figure out what all the hype is about outside of keeper/dynasty leagues? His stats look like they could be useful in 14-16+ team leagues but I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something. Are you guys just anticipating a bigger role soon or does he look real good out there when actually watching the games? FWIW, I scooped him as a streamer tonight in my 12-teamer.

1 minute ago, K50K said:

So I'll admit I've never seen this guy play... Looking at the boxscores it looks like he's put up a few decent lines in limited minutes, but I am trying to figure out what all the hype is about outside of keeper/dynasty leagues? His stats look like they could be useful in 14-16+ team leagues but I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something. Are you guys just anticipating a bigger role soon or does he look real good out there when actually watching the games? FWIW, I scooped him as a streamer tonight in my 12-teamer.

He began the season as a rookie and is currently in the top 100, with a clear path to 30 mpg and more usage. Doesn't that make him immediately rosterable even in 12 teamers? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K50K said:

two words: PF/C eligibility (ok I'm not sure how many words that is). PF/C players who can put up 10/10 with over one block are extremely rare, and this guy can do it in 20 minutes per game. He's worth a spot in 10 teamers imo. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, tallball said:

two words: PF/C eligibility (ok I'm not sure how many words that is). PF/C players who can put up 10/10 with over one block are extremely rare, and this guy can do it in 20 minutes per game. He's worth a spot in 10 teamers imo. 

+1. I've rostered him in an 8-teamer roto for category needs. If his 20mpg goes up to 25mpg, I can see him easily averaging 12/12/1.5+BLK.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

He began the season as a rookie and is currently in the top 100, with a clear path to 30 mpg and more usage. Doesn't that make him immediately rosterable even in 12 teamers? 

I guess that's what I'm asking... what gives him a clear path to 30 mpg? What makes your guys believe that ATL will give him those minutes this season? Has Coach Bud said anything?

5 minutes ago, K50K said:

I guess that's what I'm asking... what gives him a clear path to 30 mpg? What makes your guys believe that ATL will give him those minutes this season? Has Coach Bud said anything?

He played 24 mins. @ Cleveland (Doubled-Doubled! :), and played 28 mins. the game before against Houston. I'm sure his minutes will keep on rising...

15 minutes ago, K50K said:

Because the Hawks are 2-8, are going nowhere fast, and the players in front of him are the likes of Ersan, Dewayne Dedmon and Mike Muscala.

Oh yeah, and because Collins has been crazy good so far.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CFN said:

Because the Hawks are 2-8, are going nowhere fast, and the players in front of him are the likes of Ersan, Dewayne Dedmon and Mike Muscala.

Oh yeah, and because Collins has been crazy good so far.

Collins is the PF version of Donovan Mitchell. The respective organizations love the rookies, but are easing them into the rotation and rightfully so. There is no rush to get Collins into the starting lineup and to give him 30+minutes a night. 

In his first 4 games collins averaged about 19mpg. 

In his last 6 he is averaging about 22 (and that includes 2 games where his minutes were limited to 14 in each due to foul trouble). 

If you can't see the current production + upside and recognize he should be owned in every league then we can't help you.  Coach Bud has openly praised him and his effort/rebounding prowess so the minutes should only go up.  What is also crazy about him is that he has missed a ton of gimme-type putbacks/lay-ups.  When those start going down that FG% will creep up as well as the points.

Here's a stat that should make you love him:  He has 83 rebounds this season, 37 of those have come on the offensive end.  That's 45% of his rebounds.  Insane.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BoogieNights said:

If you can't see the current production + upside and recognize he should be owned in every league then we can't help you.  Coach Bud has openly praised him and his effort/rebounding prowess so the minutes should only go up.  What is also crazy about him is that he has missed a ton of gimme-type putbacks/lay-ups.  When those start going down that FG% will creep up as well as the points.

Here's a stat that should make you love him:  He has 83 rebounds this season, 37 of those have come on the offensive end.  That's 45% of his rebounds.  Insane.

Just looked that up. He ranks 6th in the NBA in offensive rebs. Not bad for a rookie playing 20mpg so far this year. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, HarmStrong said:

356A8AFEA9ED064403550A48C759B1FD165C90C3

Waiting for other owners to drop Collins

it will happen!!

Couple of years ago, someone dropped Gobert and Butler (think he was injured).. picked both.. lost in finals

The reason he is getting more min. the last two games because guys like Ehsan and Mike Muscala are hurt. I think they will push him back down to 20 MPG once those guys are back in the lineup. However, they might decide to give him more run 2nd half of the season.