MONEY BALL

John Collins 2017-2018 Season Outlook

10 minutes ago, gladiator888 said:

The reason he is getting more min. the last two games because guys like Ehsan and Mike Muscala are hurt. I think they will push him back down to 20 MPG once those guys are back in the lineup. However, they might decide to give him more run 2nd half of the season. 

That's what I'm seeing too. No doubt I recognize his talent and potential, but he seems like more of a stash in roto leagues than h2h at this time. Keeper and dynasty its obviously a no-brainer. 

He's on my team weak in boards and blocks in 12-team roto......I've missed a couple of his good games but got in on this last one....12/13 with 2 blocks was pretty nice.  While it's possible he loses minutes when Ghostface and Muscala are healthy, I can't believe it will be many.  This kid has been really good and needs playing time to develop......they aren't going to waste minutes on Ilyasova at his expense (I HOPE!!).  If he's available in your league, I would certainly take him. 

He got maybe a couple extra mins not more. His playing time doesn't really depend on these injuries as he is playing 99% of the season so far at C behind Dedmon. The others play at PF. 

Atlanta is rumored to be a trade destination for Jahlil Okafor. If he were to get traded there I would not be happy about it at all as a Collins owner. 

1 hour ago, lbjames6 said:

Atlanta is rumored to be a trade destination for Jahlil Okafor. If he were to get traded there I would not be happy about it at all as a Collins owner. 

It would be unfortunate. But given OK4 is a free agent at the end of the season what is the benefit for ATL trading for him given the best outcome for them at this point is to lose as many games as possible.

1 hour ago, lbjames6 said:

Hate that possibility, but it seems unlikely given the type of offense Coach Bud likes to run. Okafor is the opposite of free flowing

He's #35 in my league (OREB and 2x2s are categories)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

Luke Babbitt starting over Collins is a travesty

Ever heard of this thing called floor spacing?!

Its Dedmon he is eventually going to replace

5 fouls and only 1 rebound.  I am cutting this dude first thing in the morning.  Or maybe, next week. Or maybe, after the ASB.  Or maybe, never....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Ersan Ilyasova is expected to miss 1-2 weeks. Also a question, I know Collins is great, but would you use your #1 waiver pick on him?

1 hour ago, siete7 said:

Ersan Ilyasova is expected to miss 1-2 weeks. Also a question, I know Collins is great, but would you use your #1 waiver pick on him?

I personally would not. Although I play h2h and not roto so there is a big difference in strategy. Also depends how deep your league is. I am not as high on Collins for this season as many others though. 

Are we expecting Collins to start anytime in the future within the season? I have the option to trade Ariza+Collins for Covington but I'm not sure if I should do that.

7 minutes ago, Mutill said:

Are we expecting Collins to start anytime in the future within the season? I have the option to trade Ariza+Collins for Covington but I'm not sure if I should do that.

How is it that people don't know about the AC Forum?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MynameisMudd said:

How is it that people don't know about the AC Forum?

Not that anyone gives a decent opinion there unless you highlight the WHIR next to your question.

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 1

My technique in AC is right off the bat I say that I will respond to your post in exactly the same detail and length that you provide mine, as long as you include a link. Tends to get me a few worthwhile answers that deserve a good response on theirs, and the short yes/no ones are easy enough to respond to without wasting time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Why does this dude turn the ball over so much?

He's like 10-11 games into his career. Let him find his handles.  In dynasty he's gold