MONEY BALL

John Collins 2017-2018 Season Outlook

If his name wasn't John Collins he'd be getting way more hype.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

What’s with the increased minutes? Fluke or have our wishes been answered?

because he was somewhat able to control his fouls early on.

just as long as he stays out of foul trouble, the hawks will find ways to keep him on the floor. coach bud loves him.

6 minutes ago, rameshdataya said:

because he was somewhat able to control his fouls early on.

just as long as he stays out of foul trouble, the hawks will find ways to keep him on the floor. coach bud loves him.

and Babbitt injury early in this match

1 minute ago, HarmStrong said:

Gonna guess Dedmon having 5 fouls might also add to the extra minutes. Though Collins had 5 at the end of the game too.

I think they are pretty ok with using Collins liberally at the end of games even with foul trouble.  I think they have a "if he fouls out, he fouls out" mentality.  It's just when he falls into foul trouble early that they hold him back so they can unleash him at the end.....either way, I think his usage has been pretty consistent but obviously that goes up with the injuries around him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MynameisMudd said:

I think they are pretty ok with using Collins liberally at the end of games even with foul trouble.  I think they have a "if he fouls out, he fouls out" mentality.  It's just when he falls into foul trouble early that they hold him back so they can unleash him at the end.....either way, I think his usage has been pretty consistent but obviously that goes up with the injuries around him. 

Pretty much why I'm still holding him in my team. I'm imagining a strong second half from this stud.

Someone had inexplicably dropped him and so I had to quickly make the move (sorry Jingles)

Even if he still comes off the bench he produces, but being in Roto I can wait patiently with him on my bench until he is starting and fully unleashed.

I am now on the Collins train!

He was on my bench last night... Gave Ingles a final shot before benching him indefinitely.

This is me watching him beasting out:

Image result for hulk thor 3 entrance gif

• Haha 3

The good news is that each player is hovering around top-100 value in under 25 minutes per game.  So even in a 24/24 timeshare at Center they are both providing solid, low-end value.  Collins has played some minutes next to Dedmon at various points but I have yet to see him play extensive minutes at the 4 alongside Dedmon (when Muscala and Babbitt are healthy).  Unfortunately, it'll be a couple more games before we find out what a healthy quartet of Dedmon/Collins/Muscala/Babbitt will look like minutes-wise.

19 minutes ago, BoogieNights said:

The good news is that each player is hovering around top-100 value in under 25 minutes per game.  So even in a 24/24 timeshare at Center they are both providing solid, low-end value.  Collins has played some minutes next to Dedmon at various points but I have yet to see him play extensive minutes at the 4 alongside Dedmon (when Muscala and Babbitt are healthy).  Unfortunately, it'll be a couple more games before we find out what a healthy quartet of Dedmon/Collins/Muscala/Babbitt will look like minutes-wise.

Hawks are 3-14. I think we are looking at more minutes from Collins going forward regardless of the depth issues. For now, his foul trouble issues are what's really holding him back. 

• Like 2

Oooooof, that's super duper exciting but puts me in a real bind as to who to put in my final roster spot tonight.

Reminder he's defending Blake Griffin, who averages 6 FTs a game. He's going to have to really watch  himself on fouls

Edited by RCRanger03

Just now, MrCantaloupe said:

30 makes on his last 36 attempts.

Lol. Unreal.