MONEY BALL

John Collins 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Just now, hardyharhar said:

I watched a lot of the game, and the Hawks commentators said he needs to work on his mid range so I don't think it's actually that good. He's also not that bad from ft% tho - 74%

He needs work, but for a rookie big who works inside, he has a good mid range game at least for me. I watched this guy in summer league and he was able to nail those mid range Js with good consistency

• Like 3

On 12/21/2017 at 11:02 AM, hardyharhar said:

I watched a lot of the game, and the Hawks commentators said he needs to work on his mid range so I don't think it's actually that good. He's also not that bad from ft% tho - 74%

On 12/21/2017 at 10:58 AM, sya said:

He shouldn't be this good, but he has a good mid range game so I am assuming he is at worst average from the FT line with room for improvement.

This guy reminds me so much of a young Amare Stoudemire

On 12/21/2017 at 11:03 AM, sya said:

He needs work, but for a rookie big who works inside, he has a good mid range game at least for me. I watched this guy in summer league and he was able to nail those mid range Js with good consistency

He was 6 of 6 from the Free Throw line thou his last game against the Pacers. So glad I have him, he really can't hurt you anywhere, in my opinion.

On 12/20/2017 at 10:03 PM, sya said:

Agree with this.  From watching some games, when he takes a mid range jumper he looks pretty competent and smooth and has a pretty decent stroke for a Center.  He looks like he will eventually turn that into a reliable shot.

7 minutes ago, Ganandorf said:

Anyone find a highlight feel of his l can't find it

Just in general or from Wednesday?

Just now, lbjames6 said:

Just in general or from Wednesday?

Thanks mate

2 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Unfortunate screencaps FTW

That's DownToBuck's thing. He picks an ugly screenshot to use as the thumbnail of every video he uploads. His channel is amazing.

Regarding Collins – he's just crazy bouncy and quick. He consistently beats everyone to put backs. He's a polished Marquese Chriss. Sky's the limit with this dude.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CFN said:

That's DownToBuck's thing. He picks an ugly screenshot to use as the thumbnail of every video he uploads. His channel is amazing.

Regarding Collins – he's just crazy bouncy and quick. He consistently beats everyone to put backs. He's a polished Marquese Chriss. Sky's the limit with this dude.

Collin's has no 3s upside that I know of (maybe I missed that), but yes he is a very bouncy individual. I think he could be a 2steal 1 blk guy given time and opprotunity. Very active hands!

2 hours ago, CFN said:

DownToBuck's descriptions are hilarious too. I like his channel because he shows game highlights of all the unheralded, non-star players, like Collins.

But that's a solid assessment, minus the 3's, with more rebounds and higher FG and FT%....he's what we hoped Chriss would be. I'm happy I was able to get Collins. It made up for my Chriss pick for sure. Once the blocks and steals continue to pick up, we may be looking at a top 75 player.

8 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

DownToBuck's descriptions are hilarious too. I like his channel because he shows game highlights of all the unheralded, non-star players, like Collins.

But that's a solid assessment, minus the 3's, with more rebounds and higher FG and FT%....he's what we hoped Chriss would be. I'm happy I was able to get Collins. It made up for my Chriss pick for sure. Once the blocks and steals continue to pick up, we may be looking at a top 75 player.

Top 75? Dude is already top 50 in my league in 24 minutes a game

55 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Based on averages he's ranked 85 on Yahoo 9 cat. 34 in the last 30 days. 

Not bad for any rookie. 

Edited by DrGonzo

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

Mine too, but like @DrGonzo said, he's #85 now. What I'm saying is that at worst, he'll be in the top 75. He's clearly climbing in the rankings, though. We got ourselves a good one!

2 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

Yeah, got tons of love and respect for DTB. He's hilarious, witty, and a great writer. Love that he's zigging to Dawkins' zag. Wonder if he'll get some sort of NBA writing gig one day. 

Also agree on that he's basically what we expected Chriss to be. Collins has what it takes between the ears, unlike Chriss (for now).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CFN said:

Yeah, got tons of love and respect for DTB. He's hilarious, witty, and a great writer. Love that he's zigging to Dawkins' zag. Wonder if he'll get some sort of NBA writing gig one day. 

Also agree on that he's basically what we expected Chriss to be. Collins has what it takes between the ears, unlike Chriss (for now).

Another strong game today! 

27 minutes ago, blabety said:

Dropped him a month ago and really regretted it. Just traded back for him today lol. I miss you guys ;)

Welcome back. Who did you trade him back for?

I did the exact same thing but I was able to get him back a few weeks ago. Was able to trade Demarre Carroll for him.

10 minutes ago, Halberdier said:

What are the odds his playing time increases going forward? 

Very high

Before his injury, he was in the starting line up and logged in two games with 36 mins (against the Spurs) and 38 mins (against the Clippers).

Also, once the Hawks go in tank mode, Collins will play all the minutes he can get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Very high

Before his injury, he was in the starting line up and logged in two games with 36 mins (against the Spurs) and 38 mins (against the Clippers).

Also, once the Hawks go in tank mode, Collins will play all the minutes he can get.

Yeah, but wasn't that with the Undertaker being out? I want Collins minutes to get increased but I am slightly worried that he will be backing up Dedmon only when he returns.

Dedmon + Collins were starting before they went down. There's no reason for him to be a Dedmon backup when he returns. Why do you think that?

28 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

Yeah, but wasn't that with the Undertaker being out? I want Collins minutes to get increased but I am slightly worried that he will be backing up Dedmon only when he returns.

Dedmon and Collins were both starting when they were both injured.

The game that Collins played 38 mins against the Clippers, Dedmon played 29 mins. Collins scored 14 and had 10 rebounds.

As I said, once they are in full tank mode, they will give all the minutes Collins can handle.

• Like 1