MONEY BALL

John Collins 2017-2018 Season Outlook

4 hours ago, bhkim814 said:

Mike Budenholzer seems frustrated after losing to the Bulls lol.

No way Delaney and Muscala takes combined 22 fg attempts next game. Collins played decent tonight. But most importantly, Dedmon did not improve in offense. I guarantee Collins is a better perimeter shooter than Dedmon

I concur.

On 10/26/2017 at 4:43 PM, RCRanger03 said:

Depends what odds do you give me on my over? :P

The true over under line would be 13 IMO, but I'm rolling on my 20 reb Capela game.

Wheresa mai monies?! [Husky Italian accent]

Drummond Lite (75%-85%) if MPG permits. 

I say that because someone else took the time to post their respective stats earlier in the thread.

Edited by MillenWasmyFavorite

His shot isn't falling and now he's throwing a tantrum like Marquese Chriss.

It's all good. He was due for a dud. Gotta stop these ill-advised fouls tho.

• Like 1

Seemed to look more comfortable out there defensively than first few games today and rewarded with 25 minutes for it. Also helped open up shots for teammates on the perimeter.

Another solid line--just cannot understand why the hawks wouldn't wanna start him at the 4 over Muscala/Ersan and have him and Dedmon out there together. Maybe that will come. 

• Like 3

Did he have a second block? For about 10 mins I showed him credited on my team (not watching the game) and blocks for me were tied so I gave a little cheer to be ahead for a moment. Then I checked back after the game and he was at 1 blk and we are tied again 

• Like 1

Hey fellow Collins owners - I don't want to turn this into an AC question, but is Collins a must hold for your squad right now? His ownership is kinda low in ESPN - just wondering on impact and potential for growth and additional mins.

5 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Hey fellow Collins owners - I don't want to turn this into an AC question, but is Collins a must hold for your squad right now? His ownership is kinda low in ESPN - just wondering on impact and potential for growth and additional mins.

I'm still holding him.

13 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Good you don't do it as an AC because there you mostly get garbage quick replies followed by a link to their own question.

I personally hold him as I see great upside. It's not like the Noel situation where they don't like him. I think the Hawks love what they got in Collins and the mins will steadily increase. And it's not that he gives nothing right now. You still get 12 pts/7 rebs and a block.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Good you don't do it as an AC because there you mostly get garbage quick replies followed by a link to their own question.

I personally hold him as I see great upside. It's not like the Noel situation where they don't like him. I think the Hawks love what they got in Collins and the mins will steadily increase. And it's not that he gives nothing right now. You still get 12 pts/7 rebs and a block.

True good point - like anyone who has shares, we'd love to see those mins increase, especially with Dedmon his only true comp

• Like 1

whether it ends up showing up in the box score or not (im sure it will), he is bodying embiid out there right now. He sort of looks like bazemore, until he starts boxing embiid out and snagging boards from him.

I think he's got a ton of potential but the minutes aren't there this year barring injury to Dedmon. Obviously, his per minute production is awesome. But that doesn't do much for you in fantasy. 

Just don't think he's got a high ceiling this season. Think he will eventually be a breakout fantasy guy--but it's maybe a year or two early. As said above, still pretty solid numbers. But he's next on my cut list if I see another big guy.   

Edited by BrotherMouzone

7 minutes ago, BrotherMouzone said:

I think he's got a ton of potential but the minutes aren't there this year barring injury to Dedmon. Obviously, his per minute production is awesome. But that doesn't do much for you in fantasy. 

Just don't think he's got a high ceiling this season. Think he will eventually be a breakout fantasy guy--but it's maybe a year or two early. As said above, still pretty solid numbers. But he's next on my cut list if I see another big guy.   

I  am not sure, if you are able to hold on to him I will. being said that I am in a 16-team league so the waiver is very thin.

Hawks are not going anywhere in the season, there is no reason for them not to play him more as the season goes on

19 minutes ago, t0087669 said:

I  am not sure, if you are able to hold on to him I will. being said that I am in a 16-team league so the waiver is very thin.

Hawks are not going anywhere in the season, there is no reason for them not to play him more as the season goes on

Yeah, Collins probably more relevant during the 2nd half of the season... if one's able to hold on to him.

49 minutes ago, BrotherMouzone said:

Did you even watch the game or look at the boxscore? He had to guard Embiid... Not an easy task for any center, let alone a toothpick rookie. The fact that he still put up 7/7 with a block in 14 minutes is amazing to me. 

• Like 5

And that 7/7 could (should) have easily been 11/7 had he not missed two wide-open putbacks.  I don't know how anybody could contemplate a drop when he is currently going 11/7/0.9 on 50% FG eight games into his career while only averaging 19 mpg.  Hell, all he needs is 20 minutes to be standard-league relevant.  That's nuts. 

If you're gonna drop him you have to make a promise to come back in this thread in February and repent for your sins. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

Did you even watch the game or look at the boxscore? He had to guard Embiid... Not an easy task for any center, let alone a toothpick rookie. The fact that he still put up 7/7 with a block in 14 minutes is amazing to me. 

4 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

Did you even read?  

My only complaint about him is minutes. Don't know how much clearer I can be that I think he can be a huge fantasy asset with minutes. I just don't see him getting them anytime soon. 

He could very well see a jump in numbers by Feb or March. I just don't think it will be worth keeping him on my roster (if someone else is available) for 15 weeks of him playing 20 minutes/night. 

5 hours ago, t0087669 said:

Oh, no way you would drop him in a 16 team league. 

Just now, BrotherMouzone said:

Did you even read?  

My only complaint about him is minutes. Don't know how much clearer I can be that I think he can be a huge fantasy asset with minutes. I just don't see him getting them anytime soon. 

He could very well see a jump in numbers by Feb or March. I just don't think it will be worth keeping him on my roster (if someone else is available) for 15 weeks of him playing 20 minutes/night. 

It won't take that long, but do what you need to do buddy. I drafted him and am very happy with his production.