joshua18

2017 Bold Predictions Thread

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

I beg to differ. The guy is owned exactly nowhere. There isn't even a thread for him here. I doubt many people even know the name. 

I stand by the boldness of my prediction. 

After today's news, many people know who he is. They know Smallwood is not good enough to sray the starter if he does start the season over Blount. Clement could easily take the starting role. Now if you said this a month ago, it would definitely be much more bold.

My bold predictions

Kamara out scores Mixon. 

Premier kickers become more fantasy relevant than ever before. 

Robby Anderson and Cameron Meridith both finish as WR 2's. 

Steelers and Packers will have two top 12 recievers 

Other than DJ, no other cardinal finishes as a top 20 player. 

I'll go really bold

After a 2-4 start, Brian Hoyer suffers an injury bringing in CJ Beathard in Week 7 vs Dallas.  After upsetting the Cowboys, the Niners go 7-3 down the stretch and win the #6 seed WC tiebreaker with Dallas to sneak into the playoffs.  The lone losses in the 7-3 stretch occur @ PHI, vs SEA & vs Titans.  The big story in the 7-3 stretch is how quickly SF's front seven becomes one of the best in the game & clutch playmaking by Beathard and key moments by unsung heroes like Kyle Juszczyk, Marquise Goodwin & George Kittle.

And then in the opening WC weekend game at Philly, Kyle Shanahan makes a controversial playcall on offense which blows the game.

25 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I beg to differ. The guy is owned exactly nowhere. There isn't even a thread for him here. I doubt many people even know the name. 

I stand by the boldness of my prediction. 

Agree that it's bold but a lot of college football fans should know who Clement is. 

My Bold Predictions

1. Todd Gurley proves once again that he was a fluke, failing to reach 1,000 rushing yards for the 2nd year in a row. The only thing making Gurley owners feel good about themselves is his slight improvement in the pass-catching game, going for 400 receiving yards for the first time in his career.

2. Brian Hoyer is a Top-15 QB by the end of the season, finishing with 3,600 passing yards, 26 TD / 10 INT.

3. AJ Green returns to stardom, posting 100 Catches for the first time in his career, while going for 1,300 receiving yards.

4. Leonard Fournette turns out to be the first round ADP bust of the year, rushing for only 600 rushing yards while appearing in only 11 games due to inury.

5. Christian McCaffrey puts the fantasy world on notice, becoming the first rookie RB to finish with 700 rushing yards and 700 receiving yards. As an added bonus, he finishes with 10 TDs.

Edited by CORTEz

Roberto Aguayo becomes a barefoot kicker

Mark Sanchez becomes the Jets starting QB

Zeke is a top 5 rb even missing 4 to 6 games

Melvin Gordon is a top 3RB

Marvin Lewis keeps his job even though the Bengals don't make the playoffs

The Browns get the 1st pick again

Rodgers finishes no better than 2nd in ff pts for the year...

...in the North.

6 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Mark Sanchez becomes the Jets starting QB

Zeke is a top 5 rb even missing 4 to 6 games

Melvin Gordon is a top 3RB

The Browns get the 1st pick again

I'd bet that Aguayo goes barefoot also...

...Then preceeds to chew his foot off.

4 hours ago, CORTEz said:

My Bold Predictions

1. Todd Gurley proves once again that he was a fluke, failing to reach 1,000 rushing yards for the 2nd year in a row. The only thing making Gurley owners feel good about themselves is his slight improvement in the pass-catching game, going for 400 receiving yards for the first time in his career.

2. Brian Hoyer is a Top-15 QB by the end of the season, finishing with 3,600 passing yards, 26 TD / 10 INT.

3. AJ Green returns to stardom, posting 100 Catches for the first time in his career, while going for 1,300 receiving yards.

4. Leonard Fournette turns out to be the first round ADP bust of the year, rushing for only 600 rushing yards while appearing in only 11 games due to inury.

5. Christian McCaffrey puts the fantasy world on notice, becoming the first rookie RB to finish with 700 rushing yards and 700 receiving yards. As an added bonus, he finishes with 10 TDs.

1, 3, and 4 are not bold at all.

Todd Gurley as you mentioned already got under 1,000 rushing yards and while I like him this year it's not like a ton has changed. Sure there is new coach but for all we know he is terrible. 

The Green one is not bold at all. While he never had 100 catches he had over 95 twice and he has been pretty much healthy every year but last. He was on pace for 117 catches last season.

Fournette is a rookie who already is having some problems and missed time in college. 

10 hours ago, PolarBear said:

Corey Coleman is a #1WR

As someone who is heavily invested in Coleman and a firm believer in his talent, I so wish this to be true.  But if they're really rolling into Week 1 with Brock this is a bold prediction indeed.  He is some kind of awful.  And while Kizer has shown flashes and I believe he can eventually be a good NFL QB, he's not ready.  

My question is, how bad has Kessler had to look this offseason to be thrown to the wolves in favor of Brock?  He started some games last year and didn't look horrible,  Brock is bad.  Real bad.

Edited by JoeJoe88

I will go bold but also these things I really think can happen, so half bold, half gut

1. Jay Ajayi rushes for 2000 yards. (Pretty simple, he is the team and wants the ball, a lot and history tells us HUGE games are in his makeup)

2. Doug Baldwin ends the season as the top PPR WR in the game with 115 catches and 1500 yards (Not bold IMO but still bold, we know Wilson is back!)

3. Samaje Perine is the steal of the draft ending the season with over 1200 yards and 10 TD's (I mean comon, we know what Rob Kelley is and we know the Skins like Perine, and we also know what Perine can do, 'nuff said)

The Oakland Raiders will have a top 10 rushing attack but will not have a RB who eclipses 1,000 yards on the season leaving  fantasy owners frustrated.  Lynch gets 800 yards, Richard and Washington pick up 400+ yards each as coaches will rotate the RB's in and out of the game.

On 8/22/2017 at 9:17 AM, azeri98 said:

LOL. This is the best prediction on here.

On 8/22/2017 at 8:17 AM, azeri98 said:

Not very bold, actually pretty likely.  Guy could sleep with the owner's wife and still have a job.

Devante Parker finishes top 10, going for 1200+ yards and 10+ TD. 

Dalvin Cook finishes 1700+ total yards and 12+ TD's and becomes a consensus top 5 overall pick next year.

Doug Martin finishes as a top 12 RB despite missing the first 3 games this season.

Gronk plays all 16 games and finishes with 1200+ yards and 15+ TD's.

Allen Robinson goes for 1200 yards and 12 TD's.

Duke Johnson finishes with 1300 total yards and 8 TD's.

Sammy Watkins scores five 50+ yard TD's this season.

Bold prediction, no one on this thread has listed a bold prediction for a breakout player that isn't currently on one of their rosters.

20 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Bold prediction, no one on this thread has listed a bold prediction for a breakout player that isn't currently on one of their rosters.

Do you expect people to roster players they don't think have upside?

Chris Carson ends up being Seattle's #1 running back by season end and produce mid RB2 numbers in second half of year.............BOOOM!!!

8 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Do you expect people to roster players they don't think have upside?

relax bro, it was a joke, no i don't, but I also think this turns into this is what I hope happens because Player X is on my team, which is totally fine. I'm guilty of it as well, it was just a random thought I had while reading the thread.

1 hour ago, dakimbell said:

I believe so much in my bold predictions that I drafted them all.