Sign in to follow this  
TX Babe Ruth

Sam Bradford 2017 Season Outlook

On 7/15/2017 at 0:15 PM, joshua18 said:

He is home against the horrid GB defense week 6, which makes him a perfect bye week fill-in for Wilson, Dak, Tyrod, and Dalton who have their byes that week.

You could draft Tyrod and Bradford each after round 12 in a 12-team league and be set at QB, allowing you to load up on skill position players in the first 11-12 rounds. 

He should beast against the horrid Saints defense week 1, which means he won't be as easy to acquire week 2 as he is now. 

boom.gif

14 hours ago, martinjlm said:

Real deal or fools gold?

Finally healthy.

Finally able to get some protection to give him time to throw the ball.

Finally has decent weapons around him (Diggs, Thielen, Rudolph, Cooks).

DJfT37gVoAEd3Ip.jpg

14 hours ago, martinjlm said:

Real deal or fools gold?

Probalbly like real bronze. Maybe real silver.

1 minute ago, burninglegs said:

Finally healthy.

Finally able to get some protection to give him time to throw the ball.

Finally has decent weapons around him (Diggs, Thielen, Rudolph, Cooks).

I gave maximum effort to get Bradford in a trade before the season started. Unfortunately the guy in my league who has him was also quite privy of what Bradford has to offer.

That schedule is so juicy. I usually don't grab a backup QB but I scooped him with the goal of starting him during Matt Ryan's week 5 bye and as some insurance in case the Falcons regress a ton. I think Bradford has a legit chance to finish as a top 10-12 QB this year.

I grabbed this guy as a Jameis fill-in and was planning to drop immediately, but he and that offense looked *really* good last night. The Saints D has to take at least some of the blame, but Bradford was throwing dots, and his weapons are for real. 

I don't know what to make of him exactly yet, but with Dalton throwing up all over himself Sunday, I'm probably going to hang onto him for another week and find out.

He definitely got my attention.

I'm planning on dropping Mariota for him.....a big part of that has to do with their upcoming schedules.

It won't last. I mean I hope the kid does well finally, but trust me when a fly farts on him soon he's going down. 

2 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

It won't last. I mean I hope the kid does well finally, but trust me when a fly farts on him soon he's going down. 

That is my one worry also....not afraid to stand in the pocket and take a shot to give his guys just a little more time.

I'm riding Bradford and Stafford to the promised land this season. I can feel it, deep down in my plums.

17 hours ago, JoeG03 said:

That schedule is so juicy. I usually don't grab a backup QB but I scooped him with the goal of starting him during Matt Ryan's week 5 bye and as some insurance in case the Falcons regress a ton. I think Bradford has a legit chance to finish as a top 10-12 QB this year.

Do,you think his schedule is juicy during the playoffs, weeks 14-16? I don't. 

22 hours ago, BronXBombers51 said:

I grabbed this guy as a Jameis fill-in and was planning to drop immediately, but he and that offense looked *really* good last night. The Saints D has to take at least some of the blame, but Bradford was throwing dots, and his weapons are for real. 

I don't know what to make of him exactly yet, but with Dalton throwing up all over himself Sunday, I'm probably going to hang onto him for another week and find out.

I saw it written that said If you draft Winston/Bradford as your 2 QB's & use them correctly, you'll have the 8th easiest pass defense schedule this year. Winston has a couple tough early season matchups where Bradford could be a safer option.  After those games Winston should rock.  Hang on to Bradford

5 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

So grab a different QB by that point in the season?

14 hours ago, meverett85 said:

I'm planning on dropping Mariota for him.....a big part of that has to do with their upcoming schedules.

Are you serious?  I know Mariota has a tough three weeks coming up but to drop him outright after one game seems harsh, don't you think?  Or are you that much in love with Sam I Am? 

On 9/12/2017 at 2:05 PM, JoeG03 said:

Falcons regress.  No way, no how.  You won't need Sam much. 

8 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

Weeks 14-16? That's so far from now what are you even saying? Lol if that's how you judge players I bet you haven't gotten very far in your leagues.

Just now, ZChronicNebula said:

Weeks 14-16? That's so far from now what are you even saying? Lol if that's how you judge players I bet you haven't gotten very far in your leagues.

I hate to brag, but you called me out here.....I won both last year and the year before in Yahoo Money league. I also won once in the past two years in my family money league. 

14 hours ago, meverett85 said:

8 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Are you serious?  I know Mariota has a tough three weeks coming up but to drop him outright after one game seems harsh, don't you think?  Or are you that much in love with Sam I Am? 

Plan on dropping him for Mariota? And because of schedules? First, take a look at Bradford's schedule.

I'd suggest keeping both.

You have to get to the playoffs first before you can worry about them. Also it's too early to tell which defenses/teams are going to be good or bad match-ups outside of the obvious ones colts, jets etc. 

7 minutes ago, JoeG03 said:

You have to get to the playoffs first before you can worry about them. Also it's too early to tell which defenses/teams are going to be good or bad match-ups outside of the obvious ones colts, jets etc. 

I pretty much agree with this statement. But I always look at weeks 14-16 whenever I think about grabbing someone. I really expect to be in the playoffs. 

I watched the entire Titans game and the entire Vikings game.

Bradford just looked so composed and in command....Mariota looked oddly frantic and had trouble moving the chains. I know it was the NO defense, but all the experts were expecting the Titans and Raiders to be a shootout also.

When I looked at Mariota's upcoming schedule I figured it was time to make the move. I've seen some mention this as crazy/impulsive, but I don't get why?

In my ESPN standard league last year, Mariota only finished a couple spots up from Bradford....

10 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

I watched the entire Titans game and the entire Vikings game.

Bradford just looked so composed and in command....Mariota looked oddly frantic and had trouble moving the chains. I know it was the NO defense, but all the experts were expecting the Titans and Raiders to be a shootout also.

When I looked at Mariota's upcoming schedule I figured it was time to make the move. I've seen some mention this as crazy/impulsive, but I don't get why?

In my ESPN standard league last year, Mariota only finished a couple spots up from Bradford....

Another year of experience, he didn't have Corey Davis and Decker last year. You'll be fine, I like both. Still think Mariota has the higher ceiling.