Tom Chambers

Donovan Mitchell 2017-18 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, DoctorLove said:

Man... only three bench spots in my 12 teamer... dropped Ish Smith for Mitchell, then Mitchell for Markkaken after news of the Bobby Portis scuffle.  I'm already regretting that move.

Not sure if you have made any move, but you aren't the only one having problems being able to pick up any of these players like Mitchell.  I have three bench spots and they are taken up by players I don't want to get rid of.  Well, that and I play on Yahoo where if I picked up Mitchell now that he should get more minutes tonight I wouldn't be able to use him tonight anyways.

Anyways, I have Marquese Chriss, J.J. Redick, and Kyle Kuzma on my bench right now.  Technically Julius Randle instead of Redick since Redick plays tonight, but that is beside the point.  I could drop Kuzma, but I would like to see what he does in a regular season game first, and he could get good minutes this week with Caldwell-Pope being out.

24 minutes ago, bdy1 said:

Run don’t walk

Against my gut I cut Fox for Mitchell... based on the King’s inability to run a franchise and the signing of George Hill, decided to risk it. 

14 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Not sure if you have made any move, but you aren't the only one having problems being able to pick up any of these players like Mitchell.  I have three bench spots and they are taken up by players I don't want to get rid of.  Well, that and I play on Yahoo where if I picked up Mitchell now that he should get more minutes tonight I wouldn't be able to use him tonight anyways.

Anyways, I have Marquese Chriss, J.J. Redick, and Kyle Kuzma on my bench right now.  Technically Julius Randle instead of Redick since Redick plays tonight, but that is beside the point.  I could drop Kuzma, but I would like to see what he does in a regular season game first, and he could get good minutes this week with Caldwell-Pope being out.

Mine is a roto league so missing out on Mitchell’s stats tonight doesn’t hurt me as much. I’d just hate to see him go off and someone else scoop him up while I’m waiting to see what Fox does.

12 teams with super active managers.. don’t have the luxury of time 

9 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Mine is a roto league so missing out on Mitchell’s stats tonight doesn’t hurt me as much. I’d just hate to see him go off and someone else scoop him up while I’m waiting to see what Fox does.

12 teams with super active managers.. don’t have the luxury of time 

Mine is a roto league as well.  I understand it being tough.  With that said, it looks like Hill will be playing, so I assume Fox would be coming off the bench then.  I can see it being a tempting move then.

what do u guys think about him for those who watched the game? 

• Like 1

I didn’t catch the game, but I can see that he only took 11 shots. The line was a little closer to lackluster than I was thinking. 

2 minutes ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

Should we be worried? It’s only game 1. Dillon brooks is there waiting for us lol. 

Lol. Just deliberated half an hour and then made this exact add/drop.

• Haha 1

He's actually a good player and he started over Hood. 100% solid hold for me.

14 minutes ago, SheikYerbuti said:

Lol. Just deliberated half an hour and then made this exact add/drop.

Smh. You should not had done that. It's like me adding P.J. Tucker and dropping T.J. Warren...

Just now, JChan17 said:

you guys must be new to fantasy....lol...first game and ppl are panick dropping alrdy.

Gotta be. Like... Wtf. Just watch him play. He's good at basketball...

• Like 1

But this the same place I've seen people dropping Nerlens Noel, so it's a totally different world. 

I watched the game, he looks fearless but a bit herky jerky, he is still adapting to the NBA and he got blocked and striped a couple of times because he's young and unexperienced. He did look solid and i don't know why did Hood play that low amount of minutes but Mitchell has his role nevertheless

1 hour ago, willkoo said:

what do u guys think about him for those who watched the game? 

He looked really bad. Was forcing a lot of drives and got blocked a s----ton. Was not looking to facilitate at all - he was trying to take over the game. I wouldn't be surprised if the coach was a bit upset at him. 

Edited by MuscleChestbrook

He'll get better with each game, he needs the game to game experience to grow and adapt. The important takeaway here is minutes and field goal attempts. 

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

Smh. You should not had done that. It's like me adding P.J. Tucker and dropping T.J. Warren...

My starting G's are Harden, Oladipo and Ben Simmons so oh no I dropped someone I'm never starting.

2 hours ago, SheikYerbuti said:

My starting G's are Harden, Oladipo and Ben Simmons so oh no I dropped someone I'm never starting.

Lol, it's not about that. You need to have a good backup player always incase someone goes down