jetfan1983

Kareem Hunt 2017 Outlook

40 minutes ago, Travdaddy10 said:

Over Demarco yes. Aj and Jordy depends on who else I take early.

If you think he is an end of round 1 pick, um who are you taking earlier than round 1?

Just now, CharlesHustle said:

With West and Spilker there, NWIH I take Hunt before 55-60

nit drafting him for 25 touches, in drafting him for 15

He was projecting 10-12 out of the gate for week one. You are saying now that he is a bellcow he may only get 5 more touches?

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

anyone getting the feeling that overall KC offense will severely underwhelm this year and fantasy players will take a hit? Kelce is their best weapon, tyreek is a wr1/2in training,  Asmith is the same old QB he has always been and i'm not exited betting  on a rookie rb  being so dynamic in that safe offense that he becomes stud of the year. When people talk about Andy Reid rb's of the past they are talking about offenses that actually had studs on them; this team feels stud-lite outside of Kelce.

That's one of my worries as well.  This entire team is aging and I could easily see a 5 or 6 win season.

1 minute ago, Chwf3rd said:

That's one of my worries as well.  This entire team is aging and I could easily see a 5 or 6 win season.

They still have a good defense, so while the offense may not be very explosive, they're likely gonna be in a lot of games where it pays to run the ball and control the clock.

If Hunt were so good, he would've displaced and supplanted Ware in no time. Ware was still the starter and they both would've split touches all season. Don't be surprised when West and Spiller take touches as well.

This Chiefs offense is going to let people down this year. Hunt is a rb2 based strictly on volume and opportunity. Rb1 isn't happening. No way.

7 minutes ago, S1mcity said:

He was projecting 10-12 out of the gate for week one. You are saying now that he is a bellcow he may only get 5 more touches?

Yes

5 or so

I do not see how sone rank him over TY

Edited by CharlesHustle

9 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

seriously?

Probably before Gurley

8 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Probably before Gurley

You're probably too down on Gurley then. I have him in the Murray/Howard tier (right after them). Jeff Fisher gone is going to do wonders. Hunt is more in the Miller, Fournette range.

14 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

If Hunt were so good, he would've displaced and supplanted Ware in no time. Ware was still the starter and they both would've split touches all season. Don't be surprised when West and Spiller take touches as well.

This Chiefs offense is going to let people down this year. Hunt is a rb2 based strictly on volume and opportunity. Rb1 isn't happening. No way.

Why not? Ware is not a good RB, and he put up some good numbers. Dude faded for the most part, but Hunt could very well be the better player. 

Theres volume here. Jordan Howard plays for a worse offense and he's being taken in the late first round. Why? Lots of volume. Hunt is in line for a similar type work load. 

But oh no...we haven't seen him do it yet. Boo hoo. This dude is fringe top 10 RB now IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

You're probably too down on Gurley then. I have him in the Murray/Howard tier (right after them). Jeff Fisher gone is going to do wonders. Hunt is more in the Miller, Fournette range.

Howard doesn't belong in that tier anyway.  I'm not sure what you don't like about a 17-20 touch RB in Andy Reid's system.

19 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Hunt is a rb2 based strictly on volume and opportunity.

lol, what else is there?  Are you saying he isn't talented?

Just now, patrick_chewing said:

Are people taking Hunt over Dalvin Cook or Hyde?

I would.

I like Hyde a lot this year too. 

Sure.  Rookie RB with the best opportunity of all the other rookies. Sign me up

This is yet another guy who I was excited about when the price was low and will be avoiding now that he's priced at his ceiling. People are talking about taking him in the first round to the mid-3rd? Count me out.

11 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

This is yet another guy who I was excited about when the price was low and will be avoiding now that he's priced at his ceiling. People are talking about taking him in the first round to the mid-3rd? Count me out.

mid 3rd, maybe.  only because he has Rb1 potential.  

47 minutes ago, patrick_chewing said:

Are people taking Hunt over Dalvin Cook or Hyde?

I have him right there in that tier.  I'm going Hunt.

I put Hyde last in the tier.  That decision is easiest for me.  Reason is that the offensive line is bad and Hyde was not able to get any running at all done in the preseason.  I think he should get enough volume rushing and receiving but the YPC is not going to be good, the team is the worst among these three, so I slide him a bit.

I think Latavius is going to steal goal line TDs.  I don't see any vulture to Hunt on the Chiefs.  Not only will goal line touches go to Hunt, I think he gets more total volume too.

If the Chiefs did not draft an RB, and if Ware did not get hurt, I think he'd be a solid 3rd rounder.  Finished RB16 last year after missing 2 games and Reid trying his hardest to keep him out of the end zone.  Hunt is going to take over the same role, and maybe Reid is a little better about giving Hunt a chance at the end zone.  I truly believe he will use Hunt more because he personally traded up to get him and has a big ego.  Maybe that's dumb.  I just feel he'll be more of a focal point in the offense and RB16 seems like a floor for Hunt if he stays healthy.

Really really splitting hairs for me between Cook and Hunt.

Hey guys... something to think about with these recent changes (Hogan / Hunt).

Play off of recency bias. I was able to trade Hogan for Hunt.

Play off of people not really knowing values right now. You could get some steals in trades.

I drafted this guy in the 5th earlier today as my 3rd RB, and was hoping for maybe the first 4-6 games as a feature back at least + maybe a 60/40 split if/when Ware returned. Now I honestly expect high end RB2 as his floor. He should get 16-18 carries + a few catches a game easily for a team that knows how to run the ball.

The only question is if west is worth a bench stash as a cuff, I'm leaning yes.

28 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

I have him right there in that tier.  I'm going Hunt.

I put Hyde last in the tier.  That decision is easiest for me.  Reason is that the offensive line is bad and Hyde was not able to get any running at all done in the preseason.  I think he should get enough volume rushing and receiving but the YPC is not going to be good, the team is the worst among these three, so I slide him a bit.

I think Latavius is going to steal goal line TDs.  I don't see any vulture to Hunt on the Chiefs.  Not only will goal line touches go to Hunt, I think he gets more total volume too.

If the Chiefs did not draft an RB, and if Ware did not get hurt, I think he'd be a solid 3rd rounder.  Finished RB16 last year after missing 2 games and Reid trying his hardest to keep him out of the end zone.  Hunt is going to take over the same role, and maybe Reid is a little better about giving Hunt a chance at the end zone.  I truly believe he will use Hunt more because he personally traded up to get him and has a big ego.  Maybe that's dumb.  I just feel he'll be more of a focal point in the offense and RB16 seems like a floor for Hunt if he stays healthy.

Really really splitting hairs for me between Cook and Hunt.

hyde over hunt. 

17 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Why?

Because Hyde is on his roster.  I’m kidding.  I have Hunt on my dynasty roster but I would roll with Hyde for this year.  I would take Cook over Hunt as well because Minnesota will have more red zone opportunity.