BigPapi44

Miguel Andujar - 3B Yankees

22 year old kid just continues to rake at AAA now up to .330 since his promotion.  3-4 tonight with BB/2B/HR.  Wish the Yankees had let this kid stay up awhile earlier in the year to see what he could do.  Can't imagine that Todd Frazier is 'that' much of an upgrade at this point. 

Edited by BigPapi44

Have him in my keeper league that keeps one NA slot, hope they call him up so he gets some ABs but keeps it under the 130AB 'rookie' eligibility cap. His combo of power, average and a very low K-rate looks really enticing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

I really hope they give this kid a shot to win the 3B job next year.

If that is the case, do you expect Gleyber Torres to start the year at 2b/ss?

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎04 at 7:02 PM, dsd10988 said:

If that is the case, do you expect Gleyber Torres to start the year at 2b/ss?

Well given the injury to Torres and that he only managed 81 ABs at AAA, I would expect him to more than likely spend additional time being seasoned in the minors.  

Edited by BigPapi44

He's back up. No idea how the Yankees lineup is doing but hopefully he's more than just a bench bat.

Edited by KrunK

4 hours ago, KrunK said:

He's back up. No idea how the Yankees lineup is doing but hopefully he's more than just a bench bat.

he wont play much between bird, fraizer, headley, and sanchez dhing with Holiday

1 hour ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Long term what do people expect out of him? Are there any players in the MLB that he comps to now?

Blah... Anthony Rendon if he figures it out? Just spewing a name. Could be a bat that hits for a high average, solid power, not a K liability? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Long term what do people expect out of him? Are there any players in the MLB that he comps to now?

I'm going to suggest someone like the former Yankee, Melky Cabrera is a pretty good comp for Andujar at the plate. They both share an aggressive approach, with low K rates, lower launch angles that promote groundball/line-drive hits, with a touch of speed and 20 HR power that's somewhat limited by their launch angles and aggressive nature. I might have Melky with a slightly better hit tool, but they're close!

• Like 2

Starting 3B for the Yankees now that Frazier was picked up by the Mets. Moustakas has still not signed and although he is probably a good fit for the Yankees I am hoping they continue the youth movement within the infield. 

Bird, Torres, Didi & Andujar.

Didi signed a 1 year deal for this year. Is Thairo Estrada on his way up 2019? Gonna be a young infield. 

Edited by twoseemer

6 hours ago, Arrowflinger said:

Im starting to think the Yankees may give him a shot at the starting 3B job this spring. As of right now they really dont have anyone else. 

Edwardo Nunez has yet to sign as well. Time will tell is they go for Moustakas or sign Nunez.

I really think he gets the job. It will boil down to who is playing better in ST between Torres and him. Torreyes will be the place holder for whoever doesn't win a starting job. It may mean he stays down for a month or so for a bit more seasoning, but he should be up most of the year.

According to reports he was untouchable along with Torres when talking to the Pirates about Cole. He already posseses a 55/60 potential hit tool and 55/60 raw power depending on who's evaluations you go by. If he can fix his launch angle we could be looking at a Willie Calhoun type that can stick at 3B.

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Like 1

Yeah pretty telling that Yanks refused to put him in any packages last summer and this off-season (why they did not get Cole).

Very exciting player, both Law and the Fangraphs tag-team ranked him well.

I still think the Yanks end up with either Nunez or Harrison but that still leaves plenty of ABs and it seems pretty clear they are serious about staying under lux tax, ruling them out of Moose bidding.

Drury could just as easily keep Torres down instead too. No one really knows at this point. A lot will be determined by how both are playing in ST and the early season.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Letitbe793 said:

Might keep him down temporarily but Drury isn't that great. 

Exactly. He has a career 95 wRC+ in well over 950 AB. He's an average player.

It may take a bit of wind outta the sails for Andujar's redraft stock, but as dirty water said it could just allow the Yanks to keep him and Torres down a bit for seasoning. And as Letibe stated Drury isn't that great and won't stand in the way of the 2 guys. He profiles as a decent utility type bat at this point--with out much defensive value. Just as cheap insurance policy, as the yanks were quite serious about not going over the cap...err lux tax.

• Like 1

I wouldn't write off Brandon Drury as "isn't that great."  He has shown flashes in the past and some people think he still has a lot of potential.  And when players like that put on the pinstripes things seem to happen for them a lot.

• Like 1

I agree. he has some pop  and that ballaprk along with the other AL east hitter friendly parks could help him and the Yankees