BigPapi44

Miguel Andujar - 3B Yankees

1 hour ago, Bandrus1 said:

Does this open the Yankees up to trade for more SP help

I doubt it. Reports came out that Andujar was "untouchable" in the Cole talks. You never know though.

I could also see him and frazier being packaged for a solid SP come deadline 

On 2/22/2018 at 2:15 PM, mortl said:

I could also see him and frazier being packaged for a solid SP come deadline 

if drury performs at 3rd i agree with you

not sure who they would target tho.  not sure tampa would trade archer

Second HR Today after his walk off yesterday.  Are Yankees really considering starting Drury over him? Had a strong feeling about this guy and last time I felt this way about a player was Mookie Betts several years ago when it seemed like nobody talked about him and he was down in prospect rankings even though he had amazing Minors stats. Andujar seems to be getting better with every higher level which is a great sign of a star in the making.

• Like 4

Kid can straight mash, I don't put much weight behind what he's doing this spring, but he has upper echelon bat speed and wrist strength. It is translating well to his exit velos. Drury is not standing in his way for long. This NYY lineup is a little scary, huh?

• Like 1

I really think it's gonna be him at 3b and drury at 2b...Andujars bat plays at the big level, if he can play solid defense in March I think he stays

Straight stud this guy is. This years yankees team is gonna score a lot of runs and if this guy kills it all spring what would be the argument against batting him #2 in front of Judge at 3 and Stanton at 4.

On 3/2/2018 at 11:46 PM, Picard56 said:

Anyone think he breaks camp with the team this year?

wondering this too.  send torres back down and let drury/wade or drury/ronald torryes handle 2nd??

You read some reports like this which point to Andujar getting 3rd....

https://calltothepen.com/2018/03/12/yankees-spring-andujar-impress/

Then others that have Torres and Andujar getting sent down in favor of the Drury and Walker.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/yankees-reportedly-sign-neil-walker-which-impacts-prospects-torres-and-andujar/

My heart wants Andujar to be the guy out of camp, he's ripping it up in ST, but Yanks keep signing veteran FA's.  What gives?

Well it's official. Andujar to AAA. Really hoping he is called back soon. The guy can hit!

He can certainly hit, but this is the right call. His spring AB's are really uneven...he will benefit greatly from regular AB's at the AAA level.

It was the right move so he can get fulltime ABs and work on defense a bit(Although I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be)

• Like 2

Seems like he might be an April 14th guy with the Bird injury.  Drury is also slightly banged up but is more or less day to day.

• Like 3

Wondering where he might get some playing time.  Any thoughts?

Edited by BigPapi44

Once he starts taking, how in the world are they going to send him back down?