Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CChisam

Chase Headley - Up Soon?

According to DOUBLE X 1090 Radio in San Diego, Padres top prospect Chase Headley will be called up from AAA Portland at the end of the Padres Roadtrip in Atlanta with Paul McAnulty being released. Padres GM Kevin Towers said there will be major changes at the end of the trip, leading to Headley's call up.

Get him now, before its announced Nationwide!

Who does he compare to, stats-wise, for this year?

Who does he compare to, stats-wise, for this year?

He is a power hitting Third Basemen that will play LF for San Diego, so after a week or so he will have 3B/OF eiligibility making him even more valuable. He is comparable to Longoria maybe better.

hard to be a believer as hes struggled in the PCL so far - .751 OPS. Small sample but now he'll be going to a pitchers park in the majors in an anemic offense.

hard to be a believer as hes struggled in the PCL so far - .751 OPS. Small sample but now he'll be going to a pitchers park in the majors in an anemic offense.

He will be batting 5th behind Gonzalez, so he will have some RBI chances, dont sleep on Headley, he raked this spring, led the team in HR and RBI.

wow and yahoo already has him in the database....just picked him up

wow and yahoo already has him in the database....just picked him up

Yep, get him quick, impact call up. The Padres need a spark, he will give it to them.

Hmmm....may take a chance on him. Kubel and Cedeno are expendable on my squad...

I would have to dump one of H.Matsui/Quentin/Ellsbury to get him. That's ain't happening. Yet, at least....

i agree...

preseason i was willing to buy him with the hope of him providing some offense, but hes struggled horribly since the start of the season and i cant see him hitting big league ball any better at least right away...

nice update anyways tho...

Posted · Hidden
Hidden

I wonder if I should dump Cust for him. Some people believe Cust is about to get hot, of course he's in a semi-platoon situation...

Thanks for the heads-up I just dumped Crede for Headley.

no prob, you know we all look out for each other on here!

Really?

I bumped him to active from my inactive in the dynasty league. thanks for the heads up

wouldnt they need to make a trade for him to play everyday?

Or a release. as stated in post 1.. heh

Edmonds could go to the bench with Hairston taking over in CF.

Thanks for the heads up. Can't get inside info unless you live in the respective city sometimes.

question:

on yahoo he is listed as a third baseman. however, Kouz has that job on lock, so headley will be playing in the outfield. will yahoo remove his 3B eligibility and change it to an outfield position? thanks!

Or a release. as stated in post 1.. heh

mcanulty's a part time player

question:

on yahoo he is listed as a third baseman. however, Kouz has that job on lock, so headley will be playing in the outfield. will yahoo remove his 3B eligibility and change it to an outfield position? thanks!

Yahoo will give him OF eligibility onces he has started 5 games there or played in 10 games such as a defensive replacement. Then he will have 3B and OF eligibility.