NYR Fan 116894

Alvin Kamara 2017 Outlook

6 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Kamara out = Thomas a wr 1..... kamara is just nasty. To be able to downgrade Thomas by playing and upgrade Ingram by playing is a huge compliment to him. Hope his health is ok but him out would help me as a Thomas owner

And that's all that really matters isn't it 

Good luck getting through the week guys. Hopefully I'll see you and Kamara on the other side

If you had scripted a nightmare start to the playoffs as a kamara owner this would pretty much be it. I definitely freaked out a little

The way concussions are handled in the NFL is so unbelievably arbitrary, both in-game and during the week between games, it is maddening as a fantasy player.

Edited by Anteater99

3 minutes ago, Anteater99 said:

Good luck getting through the week guys. Hopefully I'll see you and Kamara on the other side

If you had scripted a nightmare start to the playoffs as a kamara owner this would pretty much be it. I definitely freaked out a little

The way concussions are handled in the NFL is so unbelievably arbitrary, both in-game and during the week between games, it is maddening as a fantasy player.

Kamara and Gronk owner here - yeesh.

Breath of fresh air for next week.....he posted this on his Twitter feed around 1am EST...after the game was over:

Right back at it next week. 

Hellyatalmboutt??⚜️

1 hour ago, dorsett33 said:

Breath of fresh air for next week.....he posted this on his Twitter feed around 1am EST...after the game was over:

Right back at it next week. 

Hellyatalmboutt??⚜️

Can someone translate "Hellyatalmboutt" cuz I'm trying to read it and thinking he's talking gibberish because of the concussion.

Fortunately he had a concussion on a Thursday game, not Sunday or Monday.  He has 3 extra days to recover.  He should.

on a personal side note.....it seems all my injuries this season happen in the first quarter rather than the fourth or even third. Thanks a lot......

Edited by TennisMenace

11 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

Can someone translate "Hellyatalmboutt" cuz I'm trying to read it and thinking he's talking gibberish because of the concussion.

It's southern slang LOL. Basically means of course I'm playing next week what the hell do you mean?

Good to hear he'll be back next week. Unfortunately, thanks to his injury, I probably won't be.

1 minute ago, kaesr said:

Depth would be great if you can make a substitution in the middle of the game like the Saints can.

I wish fantasy had a substitution rule. Allowed to sub in only for a player ruled out for the game before halftime.

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I wish fantasy had a substitution rule. Allowed to sub in only for a player ruled out for the game before halftime.

If the NFL has an official time a player is ruled out, I don’t see why fantasy couldn’t simply sub a bench player in as of that time. Suppose you started Kamara, and slotted Peyton Barber (on your bench) as your #1 backup RB. You get Kamara's points up until he’s officially declared out, thrn Barbers points from that point on.

Just now, Lamont Sanford said:

If the NFL has an official time a player is ruled out, I don’t see why fantasy couldn’t simply sub a bench player in as of that time. Suppose you started Kamara, and slotted Peyton Barber (on your bench) as your #1 backup RB. You get Kamara's points up until he’s officially declared out, thrn Barbers points from that point on.

That's next level!  I can get on board with that.

7 minutes ago, raltherr said:

Suggested it to a league-mate last night and he didn’t like the idea. Thought it was too complicated or something. I imagine he’d feel differently if he owned Kamara. 

I think it makes sense from a competitive standpoint, and it’s also more realistic. In-game injuries are a fatal flaw in fantasy football. In the playoffs an in-game injury, especially to one of your studs, will likely end your season. A sub rule would drastically minimize that flaw. If Tom Brady gets injured on the first play, you still have a chance with a backup sub rule, just like in real football. It’s not like The Patriots are forced to finish the game without a QB, as fantasy currently requires.

7 minutes ago, raltherr said:

Suggested it to a league-mate last night and he didn’t like the idea. Thought it was too complicated or something. I imagine he’d feel differently if he owned Kamara. 

I think it makes sense from a competitive standpoint, and it’s also more realistic. In-game injuries are a fatal flaw in fantasy football. In the playoffs an in-game injury, especially to one of your studs, will likely end your season. A sub rule would drastically minimize that flaw. If Tom Brady gets injured on the first play, you still have a chance with a backup sub rule, just like in real football. It’s not like The Patriots are forced to finish the game without a QB, as fantasy currently requires.

11 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Do they play in the same game???

12 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Do all of your players score 10+ points weekly? No, usually you have at least one person that drops a 4 on your team. 

Such negativity in here. Everyone is doom and gloom. Society has a problem that people can't think positively. Suck it the f--- up and tell yourself your team will pick up the slack and you're still gonna win. Send that positive energy around. 

I've, personally, played some very tough matchups at the end of the season and finished 8-4 (thankfully, I have a first round bye) and yes, often I do have at least one person who drops mid-single digit points on my team, however, through the season I and many others, have continually built a winning roster that is relatively stable. Hell, over this season, I have scored an average of 119 ppg compared to a league average of 109 ppg. Take out my extreme outliers of the low scores and I've scored an average of 134 ppg (I've had 4, sub 100 games, all in the first half of the season as my team was riddled with injuries and suspensions and under performers. On a 15-man roster, only 4 original players remain, one of those is Aaron Rodgers). I can tell you, if I didn't get a first round bye this week, I'd be fuming right now and I'd likely be done with FF for good.

Overall, my scores are some pretty big swings considering injuries and in a time when it turns to sudden death, injuries and suspensions to key players such as Alvin Kamara and Rob Gronkowski can have severe impacts. If I had lost two more games, I would've been playing this week and I'd likely be bounced out of playoffs.

So to sit there and tell people to suck it up because they lose a relatively key player like Alvin Kamara in the first quarter of their first sudden death match is kind of ridiculous considering he's been one of the top fantasy players through the last 5-6 weeks. Many players are likely in the playoffs largely because of Alvin Kamara and many players are likely one and done this week because of a first-drive concussion.

10 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

The concussion sucks but in my league the rounds are weeks 14-15 & 16-17, I will get to use his skills next week. 

One of my leagues does this as well and I'd honestly love to return to this format. Should be pretty standard across all FF imo. One week outliers in the playoffs can completely screw your team over.

lol man, this concussion injury to Kamara looks like it also physically took its tole on some of yalls brains.

Yall in here delusional making up fantasy rules on the go that would've saved yall haha 

1 minute ago, Holben said:

One of my leagues does this as well and I'd honestly love to return to this format. Should be pretty standard across all FF imo. One week outliers in the playoffs can completely screw your team over.

At first I did not like it because of week 17 and some studs could sit but for times like this I love it!

He had almost 6 fantasy points on that one drive alone.. he was seriously on his way to a monster game which is what is really frustrating.... what a huge break to those who went against him this week. 

1 minute ago, jccouger said:

lol man, this concussion injury to Kamara looks like it also physically took its tole on some of yalls brains.

Yall in here delusional making up fantasy rules on the go that would've saved yall haha 

Is this thread now in the protocol? lmao

Just now, Lamont Sanford said:

I don’t understand the question. 

So Kamara goes out of HIS game at lets say the 6:00 mark in 1st quarter.  Then you wait until Sunday, and don't start getting Barber points until 5:59 in first quarter of HIS game?  What if hes mid 80-yd TD run at that time. Do you get 40yds of it and 1/2 the TD?

I think the idea is clever, but the logistics are not so simple.