Sign in to follow this  
tucker26

2017 Cool Story, Bro Thread

Only drafted 1 "closer" (Diaz). Invested in hitting and SP. Went for solid set up guys due to the roller coaster. Betances, Knebel, Brach now closing. 

Traded Chapman for Edwin E and it processed yesterday!

There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling right now.

This thread is dedicated to the decisions you made while thinking how clever you were that wound looking  bad. 

Now that hindsight is 20/20, in a short term keeper league, I had Greg Bird and Jake Lamb in my draft cue. Guess who I clicked on? I knew that Bird was going to keep on hitting bombs in the regular season and Jake would be ok, but nothing interesting. 

(sidenote: if this belongs in another thread, by all means merge it). 

Traded for Villar and Roark for basically nothing major, thought I had a steal, been regretting it since, cant drop either yet

5 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Traded for Villar and Roark for basically nothing major, thought I had a steal, been regretting it since, cant drop either yet

Who did you give up?

Just now, 2ndCitySox said:

Who did you give up?

Kelly when he was named closer and Shaw 

Good post.

With all of the injuries and bad performances we've seen in the top SP ranks, I started getting nervous about any pitcher that was showing a drop in velocity from last year of more than 1 or 2 MPH.  After seeing a few bad Danny Duffy outings and a significant velocity drop, I tried to shop him, but nobody was giving much.  I settled for Jedd Gyorko, since I did need some help at SS with Nunez looking very shaky at the time.  Since then, Duffy's reeled off 2 good outings and is working on another one tonight.  Gyorko's been fine, and will definitely produce in the power department and give me a quality backup at a few positions, but the thin starting pitching ranks also means you have to keep the ones who have the goods, and it looks like I whiffed on this one.

9 minutes ago, Ragnaroker said:

Please rename thread to

giphy.gif

Mods, can you make this happen?

4 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Still too early IMO to give up on Villar.  Too much power/speed potential with this guy and it's still just May.  Early returns aren't great but hopeful he turns things around.

Dropped Bautista about two weeks ago.... Regretted it ever since.

Traded away Gallo for Salazar a week ago. I think the other dude and myself outsmarted ourselves cos noone is coming out with a win on that trade. lol

I declined a Berrios for Glasnow trade straight up before any pitches were thrown this year. I always loved Berrios but just didn't know the timing for his call up. I was also encouraged by Glasnow's spring, upside, and the fact he was in the majors.

It didn't take long to regret that decision, especially tonight.

Kept Bird rather than grabbing Judge cause I was convinced it was just a "slow start" and he was batting higher in the line up at the time

9 minutes ago, Darkthrone said:

Kept Bird rather than grabbing Judge cause I was convinced it was just a "slow start" and he was batting higher in the line up at the time

doh! 

Does it count if it was 4 or 5 years ago in my keeper league. Sale went to the bullpen and had the "inverted W" and I just knew he was headed for a lifetime of injury so I traded him away in my keep forever league for Pedroia! Haha! ?

Had Freeman and Zimmerman as my 1st baseman. Traded Zimmerman Sunday for pitching depth and a better draft pick next year. In a 14 team mixed the WW is fairly bare but will just keep on plugging away. That team now has Freeman, Pollock, Beltre, Ramos, Braun, and Paxson on the D/L and just got Melechon back.

But trading Zimmerman will hurt short term and really didn't need to be done.

11 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Does it count if it was 4 or 5 years ago in my keeper league. Sale went to the bullpen and had the "inverted W" and I just knew he was headed for a lifetime of injury so I traded him away in my keep forever league for Pedroia! Haha! ?

Yeah that sucks. You win so far.

Sat Berrios tonight because I own both Blackmon and Arenado. Yea that worked out well . 

22 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I think I got you a "historically" bad trade.  I traded Kershaw in a NL dynasty keep forever after his rookie season (4.26 ERA and 1.50 WHIP) for a hyped up hotshot rookie OF for STL ... Colby Rasmus.

It still pains me ever time I look at Kershaw's pitching line.

Didn't pick up Conforto because he was a part-time player and couldn't hit lefties.  NAILED IT

Edited by smeeze

I traded Matt Harvey for DJ LeMahieu. The loser was both of us. 

Drafted Conforto late in the draft. Held for the first three weeks then dropped for Benoit because I needed a closer.

Of course he gets picked up and starts raking. His owner needed pitching - offered him Corbin for Conforto and got accepted...

Getting back the one that got away always feels good...