lipitorkid

Keston Hiura 2B MIL

45 minutes ago, pierceNKC said:

braun? 🤷‍♂️

Sounds right. So one in 13 years. 

I think the expectation should be June at the very earliest.

5 hours ago, pierceNKC said:

braun? 🤷‍♂️

I don't think Braun even would have been Super-2, though he made the point moot by signing an extension long before it became an issue. But back when Braun came up, the deadline was traditionally even earlier than it is now as less players became Super 2 eligible under those rules. Often times as long as you ween't called up by the first week of May, you'd likely avoid it (Braun was called up on May 25th). Though obviously it varies from year-to-year.

Here's a list I found of who did get eligible those years:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/05/super-twos.html

Edited by Jericho

On 5/9/2019 at 5:34 PM, Magoo said:

When was the last time the Brewers called up any hitting prospect before super 2? I can’t think of any...

When was the last time the Brewers had a top 15 prospect lighting up AAA following a season they lost in game 7 of the NLCS?

Not saying you're wrong about the Brewers being sackless, but just because logic dictated not calling up Rickie Weeks on a 68 win team doesn't mean it dictates not calling Hiura up when literally every game this season matters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Brewers have won 7 in a row. Maybe they aren't that concerned about bringing up Hiura right now. What if he comes up and hits like Kieboom? Stearns has proven to be a smart GM to this point. Hiura will be up sometime this summer. 

Edited by Asprilla

1 hour ago, kwelch said:

I think if something was happening we will hear about it very soon now.  Not holding my breath though...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, knuckleheads said:

I think if something was happening we will hear about it very soon now.  Not holding my breath though...

Just feels like things are lining up for it. The Shaw issues and being out. It very well could be nothing though.

Braun got scratched today with hamstring soreness. If it lingers Keston being called up would almost be assured. First we need Brewers to lose today. In fact the Brewers losing every game would help a lot since falling behind the Cards and Cubs would spur them to improve.

4 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

Braun got scratched today with hamstring soreness. If it lingers Keston being called up would almost be assured. First we need Brewers to lose today. In fact the Brewers losing every game would help a lot since falling behind the Cards and Cubs would spur them to improve.

Hiura doesnt play OF

Just now, phisouza33 said:

Lol, Shaw 0-3 3k

And the Brewers as a whole had only 4 hits in 15 innings. Let's hope that trends toward a Hiura call up - super two be damned. Option Shaw to AAA, move Moose to 3B and call him up. They're also likely to remain in a dogfight with the Cubs and Cards for the division this season and, as has been astutely pointed out, every win counts.

On 5/7/2019 at 8:26 AM, Baur10 said:

It's just speculative, but it's not a bad one.  Shaw sucks, Hiura had turned a corner with his K rate, and the extra service time date is in the rearview mirror. I'm not personally there yet with him but that has more to do with team/league settings than Hiura.

Thanks again.

On 5/9/2019 at 6:34 PM, Magoo said:

When was the last time the Brewers called up any hitting prospect before super 2? I can’t think of any...

Thankfully - 2019.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 11:25 AM, wideopen21 said:

Vlad got his chance last week. Senzel this past week. I think it's going to be Hiura time this week. 

Spot on. Well done.