RenegadeGM

August Closer Thread 2017

Clipper is the closer in Chicago right? he wasn't that good when he first came over from the Yankees, but he's been pretty good lately. he last gave up an earned run on July 25. since then he has had 7 IP, 0 R, 3 H (2 hit in his last game), 3 BB, 9 K. he has only had 1 save in that time period.

My former LSU boy Andrew Stevenson saved the save for Doolittle tonight. 

This Angels situation is crazy. Parker worked the 7th, Norris pitching the 8th right now, so presumably it's either Middleton or Bedrosian closing.

I'd prefer he just keeps giving up a jack per batter than walking the park.

Bud gives up a homer in the 8th. I think it's finally safe to assume he's lost the closer's role.

And another. Tie game. Norris is toast.

Bedrosian warming behind him in the 8th, FWIW.

It could be Middleton, who got the save Tuesday. He'd be pitching for the third straight night, though.

12 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I'd prefer he just keeps giving up a jack per batter than walking the park.

Every other batter also works 

Sweet!  Buddy Boy for a W after Diaz does his usual walk-the-park thing.  Paying homage to the soon-to-be winner of this contest who enjoys walking batters even more than giving up homers.

Angels save situation coming up, as long as they don't tack on another run. Awful Bud might pick up a W.

1 minute ago, quemortal said:

Angels save situation coming up, as long as they don't tack on another run. Awful Bud might pick up a W.

anyone watching in LA see who's warming in the pen?

Tonight would have been three days in a row for Middleton so he might have been unavailable... I have to believe if cam locks this down it's his job though. 

Cam gets the save with 2 K's. Is he the closer now? It's tough to say, since Middleton got a save Tuesday and may have been unavailable tonight. Parker was seemingly in line for a save Wednesday, but usually he's been deployed in the 7th and 8th despite having the best overall numbers. The only thing we can safely say is Bud is out of the picture now.

I'd add Bedrosian first, but keep a close eye on Middleton and Parker.

Long time Angel fan here. 

1. If they weren't in a playoff hunt, Mike would give Bud more leash, but the stakes are way too high. If Bud figures it out, he might get another shot, but Mike is going to let him fix it in non-crucial settings. 

2. I'm putting the money on the following for the temp (maybe more than temp) Angel's closer: 

84% Cam (his velocity was down after coming back from the DL, I'm going to go check on his latest velocity readings. If they are back up move this to 90%

15% Blake Parker

1% Middleton (he came in for the save when Bud and I think Parker both needed a break) 

15 minutes ago, lipitorkid said:

Long time Angel fan here. 

1. If they weren't in a playoff hunt, Mike would give Bud more leash, but the stakes are way too high. If Bud figures it out, he might get another shot, but Mike is going to let him fix it in non-crucial settings. 

2. I'm putting the money on the following for the temp (maybe more than temp) Angel's closer: 

84% Cam (his velocity was down after coming back from the DL, I'm going to go check on his latest velocity readings. If they are back up move this to 90%

15% Blake Parker

1% Middleton (he came in for the save when Bud and I think Parker both needed a break) 

Also a long time Angel fan. Scoscia is one of the worst managers in baseball, but I believe Cam will be the closer ROS. 

1 hour ago, street sharks said:

Watch him be used in the 7th 5th tomorrow lol

FTFY