Rotoworld.com Forums

August Closer Thread 2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, bradwatson said:

And Oh getting knocked around. Dude sucks.

I just don't understand the usage here. He pitched fairly well over the weekend vs the pirates, now he's on in the 8th inning of a 5 run game. Matheny really is a goof ball of a manager.

Just now, WaKe21334 said:

I just don't understand the usage here. He pitched fairly well over the weekend vs the pirates, now he's on in the 8th inning of a 5 run game. Matheny really is a goof ball of a manager.

He must not want Oh as closer. Lyons coming in to bail them out. Lyons looks like the guy to own.

1 minute ago, bradwatson said:

He must not want Oh as closer. Lyons coming in to bail them out. Lyons looks like the guy to own.

How can you say that when Oh was up for the previous 2 save opportunities? This isn't even a save opportunity for Lyons.

4 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

How can you say that when Oh was up for the previous 2 save opportunities? This isn't even a save opportunity for Lyons.

It wasn't a save opportunity for Oh either, and he nearly turned it into one. Don't be butthurt because Oh sucks. Matheny sees it and doesn't trust him.

For the record I don't own Lyons. Just providing insight.

Edited by bradwatson
1 minute ago, bradwatson said:

It wasn't a save opportunity for Oh either, and he nearly turned it into one. Don't be butthurt because Oh sucks. Matheny sees it and doesn't trust him.

What insight dude? A one game insight doesn't really count. 

Just now, urban2014 said:

What insight dude? A one game insight doesn't really count. 

Lyons has been great and his name has been thrown around for the role in STL. Oh comes into a non save situation and creates a mess that nearly turns into a save situation. Lyons comes in with a runner on 3rd and no outs and strands him.

This thread is mostly about speculating on potential closers. Oh is probably owned in most leagues so I'm saying grab Lyons if he's available. We'll see if he comes back out for the ninth.

2 minutes ago, dropkick23 said:

Is anyone keeping track of how many times the astros have scored garbage runs in the 8th or 9th inning to prevent giles from getting a save opp?  It has to be a ML record....

So steamed right now.. with 2 outs too...

29 minutes ago, bradwatson said:

Except you're  shouting out opinions as facts. The fact remains that oh has been given the save opportunities.

as for matheny seeing it , why was he up for the save in the first game sans rosy and then brought in the next night in a major jam to record the save? Sounds like someone the manager trusts.

Edited by WaKe21334
  • JFS179 locked this topic