tomahawkchop6

Startup - Dynasty, Free, 14 team, PPR, on ESPN

I'm a long time fantasy player that is looking to get into dynasty. I have started a new dynasty league on ESPN and I'm looking for dedicated & active members.

These are the league settings: http://games.espn.com/ffl/leaguesetup/settings?leagueId=593184

Right now I have it at a 23 man roster. I'm considering raising that to 25 or higher either through making it required to start 2 Qbs, adding another flex, adding more bench spots, or some other means.

I'm going to do the first year as a snake draft and every draft from next season on will probably be in reverse order of the standings.  Although I want to think of something to prevent any tanking.  I am open to making draft pick trading available, but may wait until the second season for that.

I'm also open to any suggestions. Things that I wont change are PPR and no IDP.

I am in if it's two QBs we start. I have been looking for this kind of league.  I even made a post myself about it.  I think with it being two QBs it adds more strategy with regards to drafting.  And a 3 round rookie draft each year is perfect.  I have a suggestion about tanking to.  How about for the non playoff teams rewarding based on how they finish? Meaning if you win the losers bracket you get the first overall pick. Just a suggestion.  My email is kingdj757@yahoo.com

I just saw the league setting love the setup.  This will be a fun league.  One more suggestion we have to have some sort of chat whether it's on the league page, or group me.  It keeps the communication going, and helps with trades.

Yeah, I'm really leaning to adding the 2nd QB and flex.  No use having such a big bench and not ever starting any of them.    And I agree hopefully we can keep up a strong league chat.

For the tanking I'm thinking we will just have something of losers bracket playoff with the teams who dont make the real playoffs.  But I'm open to more ideas

I just sent you an invite.

That sounds good I mean I like all of the settings.  The tanking thing everyone can chime in on that.  I joined looking forward to competing.

I've been looking for a Dynasty league as well. My only concern is. How do you play 2QB in a 14 team league? An injury can destroy someone's entire season in an instant. Especially since each team could carry 4 on their bench.

Superflex is the way you can avoid that.  Meaning making the position for the second QB an Op position.  Which would allow guys to start a QB, or any other offensive position.  I agree with the logic of it essentially being a two QB league though.  It means the draft board will be all over the place.  Makes it exciting.  

Yeah I'm still wrestling with the whole 2 QB thing 

Maybe if I drop it down to 12 teams it'd be better?    I'm going to send out some invites and we can get some discussion going on the league page 

Interested. Any way I could talk you in to using no kickers or team defense. Both are complete crapshoot. Rather use extra flex.

My thinking with having 4 QBs available per roster was that you could draft and stash a rookie QB who isn't a starter yet in hopes that they one day can become one. 

But it for now I have dropped it down to 1 starting QB and max of 3 on each roster 

I'm interested but what do you think about a 20$ buy in or even 10$ through league safe ? And I do think a 14 man league can work with 2 QBs that makes it a very interesting and fun league 

EMAIL JACOBGUIER@YAHOO.COM

Edited by JacobGuierLeagueFinder

Very very interested. Email is c.hines0180@yahoo.com. Would love to negotiate the settings too