SpartyOn4

Hunter Greene - SP/DH CIN

Will make his pitching debut in a couple hours.

As a hitter he has a .600 OPS in 30 PA. Doesn't mean much but I do wonder how long that experiment will continue. I doubt he ends up a 2-way major leaguer.

ya, im in on this guy

prospects 365 says " there’s potential for the teenager to someday be talked about in the same breath as Clayton Kershaw and Max Scherzer"

love the delivery, i know the change plays up of the fastball but those 84 that fall of the table are wicked ...i only saw one curve, maybe i missed more. does anyone think that pitch has a chance to be something?

In rather sub-optimal weather conditions, Greene finished with 8ks in 3 innings for his first game of the season.

Greene's fastball was anywhere from 96-100, but it was actually his breaking ball that was his most impressive pitch last night.

Edited by Tayne

I don't bandy the term ace around loosely, but it is easy to dream on the kid...likely to be a long road through the minors but the ingredients are awesome-

He reminds me of Strasburg in terms of the size/stuff profile, but good grief he is light years ahead of where any teenager should be. Inherent pitching prospect injury risk aside, this is a no-brainer target in dynasty/keeper leagues. 

25 minutes ago, Philoumenos said:

Is he not batting this year?

No. He said late last season that after a few weeks in the minors he felt trying to hit and pitch was too much and he was just going to focus on pitching. Probably a wise move.

I want to edit DH out of the thread title but I don't think it's possible.

2 minutes ago, SpartyOn4 said:

No. He said late last season that after a few weeks in the minors he felt trying to hit and pitch was too much and he was just going to focus on pitching. Probably a wise move.

I want to edit DH out of the thread title but I don't think it's possible.

That's what I figured. It's probably unreasonable, but that significantly decreases my interest from the days of the SI cover hype lol

Greene had the longest outing of his young career on Friday night. 

6.2 IP, 5 HITS, 2 ER, 0 BB, 7 K

Not too shabby.

I saw that on Razzball as well, great to see his confidence growing after such a rough start to the season.